Extra Standing map sprites

Lord Darx

Recently i got interested in ROM hacking thanks to all the utilities that the FE Community has to offer, But sometimes even those guides and tools are a bit unclear to me, i've been trying to add a new class into FE7, A promotion for soldier, i got it all working, Moving sprites, Names, Descriptions, Animations, but the problem is with standing sprites, all the tutorials i see about inserting map sprites they always say to override an existing one, i'm not replacing any unit so.. There's a way to add a standing map animation without replacing or changing the pointers of an existing one?

You'll have to repoint the standing map sprite table. There should be a nightmare module for that; just open the .nmm in notepad or something to find the table's beginning offset. Once you've repointed it, you have enough room to make a new entry in the table. Follow the same steps you would take to replace an existing one to insert the new sprites, and then update the class's standing map sprite ID in the class editor module.