New banner revealed: World of Radiance!

Vaximillian

Nintendo has announced a new banner, starting tomorrow at the usual time: World of Radiance.
The banner includes four Path of Radiance characters with new, interesting skills, as well a new story chapter featuring them!

Trailer (EN):

Trailer (JP):

5⋆ skills of the band:

Ike (Young Mercenary)

• Weapon: Ragnell. 16 Mt 1 Rng. Has built-in Distant Counter
  • Special Attack: Aether
  • Passive A: Heavy Blade 3. If (unit's Atk − foe's Atk) ≥ 1, unit gains +1 charge to special per attack (if using other similar skill, only highest value applied)
  • Passive B: Swordbreaker

Mist (Helpful Sister)

• Weapon: Slow
  • Assist: Recover
  • Special: Imbue
  • Passive C: Spur Def/Res 2. Grant adjacent allies +3 Def/Res during combat.

Soren (Shrewd Strategist)

• Weapon: Rexcalibur+
  • Special: Growing Wind
  • Passive B: Watersweep. If unit initiates attack, no follow-up occurs. Against foes with magic, staves, dragonstones, if (unit's Spd − foe's Spd) ≥ 1, foes can't counter attack.
  • Passive C: Fortify Res

Titania (Mighty Mercenary)

• Weapon: Emerald Axe+
  • Assist: Reciprocal Aid
  • Passive A: Armored Blow
  • Passive B: Guard 3. If unit's HP > 80% at the start of combat, enemy is inflicted with special cooldown charge −1 (if using other similar skill, only highest value applied)
Edited by Vaximillian

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Sentinel07 said:

According to what I'm reading everywhere, it's a new story chapter, not paralogue.

So 15 orbs then. I do hope they don't keep up this pace of one new story chapter for every 2 months. At least once or twice a month, sheesh.

So, in order:

- Ike: Looks like he's the anti-sword sword.  Unless his stat spread sucks (which it won't), he's going to overshadow Alphonse.
- Mist: Imbue?  REALLY?  The Spur combo skill looks interesting, as does that Slow staff.  I think Lachesis will appreciate it.
- Soren: Generic tome's gonna hurt him, unless his stat spread is amazing.  He's still my favorite due to his art.
- Titania: Like Soren, she'll live and die by her stats.  The Emerald Axe doesn't look very promising.

4 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

https://twitter.com/FEHeroes_News?lang=en

Yet, according to them, it's a story chapter and calling it a paralogue was a mistake.

Okay, I'm taking that down and pinging @Ice Dragon, @shadowofchaos, @SatsumaFSoysoy, and @Fei Mao for help.

Just now, eclipse said:

- Mist: Imbue?  REALLY?  The Spur combo skill looks interesting, as does that Slow staff.  I think Lachesis will appreciate it.

The Spur combo skill is probably meant to work as sort of a replacement for a balm.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Fei Mao said:

Yep, it's a new chapter and not a paralogue.

So the error clarification tweet was probably referring to the JP trailer, and the EN trailer was correct, right?

Just now, KongDude88 said:

Just realized, no special Aether animation for Ike like people hoped for.

He's holding his sword the same way he did in his idle stance in FE9, at least.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

So the error clarification tweet was probably referring to the JP trailer, and the EN trailer was correct, right?

The Japanese Twitter has a follow-up tweet to the trailer indicating that it intended to be "story map" instead of "paralogue".

Jesus Christ, Mist now officially has the shortest skirt in the series, good lord. How old is she supposed to be again?

Anyway, excited to see my man Soren in the game at last, even if I can't play it yet!

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

He's holding his sword the same way he did in his idle stance in FE9, at least.

Never played any Tellius games so I wouldn't know. But I guess he did get some kind of special animation. I'd think that Aether animation would look janky as hell for Heroes though.

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

It says "new story chapter" in the correction tweet.

The EN trailer already said “new story chapter,” that's why I got confused.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The Japanese Twitter has a follow-up tweet to the trailer indicating that it intended to be "story map" instead of "paralogue".

Yes, I saw that follow-up tweet but misunderstood it.

1 minute ago, KongDude88 said:

Never played any Tellius games so I wouldn't know. But I guess he did get some kind of special animation. I'd think that Aether animation would look janky as hell for Heroes though.

giphy.gif

Edited by Vaximillian

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

And since all you people didn't let me finish watching the trailer itself until just now (soo many new post chimes), the trailer itself also says "story map" in Japanese.

Wait, what was the error clarification tweet about then? If the Japanese trailer was correct all along, was it talking about something else?

2 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Wait, what was the error clarification tweet about then? If the Japanese trailer was correct all along, was it talking about something else?

The original announcement tweet, most probably.

1 minute ago, Levin's Scarf said:

Tfw you spent 220 orbs on the Valentia banner only to see the Ike banner coming up. To add salt to the wound I didn't get Alm out of it for my troubles.

I spent only free orbs and got two Alms (and a Clair).... I used my 1 am powers.

8 minutes ago, Thane said:

Jesus Christ, Mist now officially has the shortest skirt in the series, good lord. How old is she supposed to be again?

Anyway, excited to see my man Soren in the game at last, even if I can't play it yet!

It goes down to her fingertips in front, if only barely, which was long enough for school back in my middle school and high school days a decade and a half ago.

1 minute ago, Ryu Yuki said:

The tweet said "paralogue" and the trailer said "story chapter". The correction tweet said that "story chapter" was intended.

Also, finally an excuse for me to pull green! Hoping for another Hector (haha, as if).

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

It goes down to her fingertips in front, if only barely, which was long enough for school back in my middle school and high school days a decade and a half ago.

Oh hey, I remember this rule all the way back in elementary school some 15-20 years ago. Now that I'm older, I think that skirts definitely need to be longer than that, it's ridiculous.

So we are getting a new story chapter then? Well, I was hoping that we would get several chapters at once. I just hope that they're not going to give us just one chapter and call it done.