New banner revealed: World of Radiance!

Vaximillian

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

On a side-note, a couple of you talked about how Lachesis' Heroes desgin was bad. Am I the only one who doesn't mind her Heroes desgin?

Aesthetically, I don't mind it. Most people dislike it on the principle that it's sort of like turning, say, Elincia into a moe-blob.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

And then Arvis is released as an armoured mage~

I know this was probably said as a joke but it got me thinking. An armored mage in Heroes would be very interesting. They would have high defense and low resistance for a mage but they could attack from a distance. And of course, they can only move one space.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Aesthetically, I don't mind it. Most people dislike it on the principle that it's sort of like turning, say, Elincia into a moe-blob.

Ah, i see. I don't mind it, probably because I watch a lot of anime, and i'll see the moe artstyle here and there. Heck, one of my Top 10 anime, Himouto! Umaru-chan, has the moe artstyle, or at least a moe character.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Now, the question is, can I get Ike? Or Mist, Soren, or Titania. I summoned a few times from the SoV Banner and failed to get a single Focus. I hope that changes here.

On a side-note, a couple of you talked about how Lachesis' Heroes desgin was bad. Am I the only one who doesn't mind her Heroes desgin?

That's gacha for you. I got Alm in my second SoV summon, and that was my first banner focus summon ever. Don't give up hope!

About Lachesis: It's horrid. Don't go there. I'm just waiting for the day when either Lachesis or Rebecca's artist chibi-curse draws a male fan favorite. Let the rant flow.

On a side note: Armored Mage Baron
best class ever

Edited by r4v1sh

Its about time they did a main story update. This is what i wished they had done from the jump --particularly with World of Shadows-- but I digress

Hopefully this starts a trend, but this also begs the question of if they're the only ones added to the pool of units within World of Radiance. With paralogues, only the people in the banner actually make an appearance, but is it the same case with this one?

Actually, now that I think about it, they probably made World of Shadows a paralogue cause spoilers???

2 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Its about time they did a main story update. This is what i wished they had done from the jump --particularly with World of Shadows-- but I digress

Hopefully this starts a trend, but this also begs the question of if they're the only ones added to the pool of units within World of Radiance. With paralogues, only the people in the banner actually make an appearance, but is it the same case with this one?

Actually, now that I think about it, they probably made World of Shadows a paralogue cause spoilers???

This is actually something that I thought about a little more: remember the generic Lance Cavalier we saw in the trailer? Of course, it's supposed to be Oscar... but even knowing that, it seems a tad random. But what if, in the update proper, it actually is Oscar? What if we do get Oscar, Boyd, Rolf, Shinon, Gatrie and Rhys (and maybe Mia), just not on the banner?

4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

This is actually something that I thought about a little more: remember the generic Lance Cavalier we saw in the trailer? Of course, it's supposed to be Oscar... but even knowing that, it seems a tad random. But what if, in the update proper, it actually is Oscar? What if we do get Oscar, Boyd, Rolf, Shinon, Gatrie and Rhys (and maybe Mia), just not on the banner?

Precisely what I mean! Here's hoping

41 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Even if Ike himself ends up being a worse Chrom, he's still valuable for his Aether and Heavy Blade skills.

Fair enough, but I don't particularly like harvesting for skills unless I have duplicates. I like to collect...most characters at least.

Oh hey, Tellius. 
Holding off still, hoping that because they're doing more story chapters means Micaiah will appear soon.

Plus, I don't care about Ike, no reason to roll in this anyways.

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Almost certainly wishful thinking.

Lance, Alen, and Wolt are still just generic units in Story 3-1.

10 minutes ago, r4v1sh said:

About Lachesis: It's horrid. Don't go there. I'm just waiting for the day when either Lachesis or Rebecca's artist chibi-curse draws a male fan favorite. Let the rant flow.

Wait, people don't like Rebecca's Heroes art either? I mean, i can see why, but i never saw it as chibi or moe. In fact, when i first saw it, specifically Rebecca's attack artwork, my first thought was "is that the JoJo artstyle?" Of course, i realized it wasn't.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Wait, people don't like Rebecca's Heroes art either? I mean, i can see why, but i never saw it as chibi or moe. In fact, when i first saw it, specifically Rebecca's attack artwork, my first thought was "is that the JoJo artstyle?" Of course, i realized it wasn't.

I mean, have you seen the eyes? Rebecca's art is nightmarish for that reason alone.

I'm pretty sure people just don't like Rebecca's eyes. And maybe the fact that her attack portrait lacks a bowstring.

Her attacking, special and damaged artwork is fine, aside from the missing bowstring. Her normal portrait on the other hand, has really odd looking eyes, to say the least.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

It just occured to me. Soren's skill in Heroes prevents him from doubling. Soren's skill in his actual games let him attack additional times.

Why?

Soren should have probably gotten Windsweep for his Wind theme flavour haha

And hey at least it protects him from daggers/bows

Just now, Korath88 said:

Her attacking, special and damaged artwork is fine, aside from the missing bowstring. Her normal portrait on the other hand, has really odd looking eyes, to say the least.

The only thing that's up with her eyes is that they're really, really sparkly. I honestly don't mind.

Lyn's and Eliwood's eyes bother me more.

Yeay!, finally Path of Radiance is getting more attention, but more importantly, MOAR ORBS TO SUMMON. my luck is getting worse..

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Almost certainly wishful thinking.

Lance, Alen, and Wolt are still just generic units in Story 3-1.

On the other hand, that's using the starting base, and I think the opening map having four named characters is a bit too dangerous that early in the story.

This, on the other hand, is the final map of a set, and the fifth unit is both somewhat unneccesary and looks tacked-on to the enemy side.

Of course, I acknowledge it's only a theory.

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Soren should have probably gotten Windsweep for his Wind theme flavour haha

And hey at least it protects him from daggers/bows

Windsweep still prevents additional attacks, while his skill was literally additional attacks.

Was expecting another Shadows of Valentia banner, but I guess they are saving Celica and company for the worldwide release, leaving us with Ike and friends. // I'll add Ike and Titania to my wishlist. Mist is all right (and depending on her rarity, another staffie who can pass on Slow besides Wyrs), while I do not care for Soren.

While I am tempted to put on Defiant Atk and Vantage for Ike to mimic the classic Wrath & Vantage combo, his default skills (Heavy Blade & Swordbreaker) are too good to pass up. All that is left for me to see is their stat distributions...

(Also, as a side note, it looks like they are adding the Tellius defense map. It seems like a high contender to that new game mode with reinforcements that was teased about previously.)

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

DID YOU LOOK AT HER EYES?
I'd say the reaction you got pretty much covers that topic, right? :lol:

Personally I'm not that bothered by Rebecca's art. I'd even say it looks quite nice overall (if not for that missing bowstring that can't be unseen). But on the topic of art style, I wouldn't be bothered if Yamada Akihiro drew the whole game, so... I guess I'm also too quick to associate sparkly eyes and round faces with moe/chibi style.

Edited by r4v1sh

26 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

And then Arvis is released as an armoured mage~

Even better. Their glaring weaknesses would be res but no there's ways to get around it.