New banner revealed: World of Radiance!

Vaximillian

4 minutes ago, escotanner said:

So Polygon recently released a article titled: "Fire Emblem Heroes Finally adds the Series' Biggest Star." which is funny since Marth was always considered the mascot of Fire Emblem.

Eh, Ike is probably more of a Smash Bros. character for most people. A really popular Smash Bros. character, but that is where the bulk of his fame comes from. Of course the same could be said of most of the Fire Emblem Smash characters.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, escotanner said:

So Polygon recently released a article titled: "Fire Emblem Heroes Finally adds the Series' Biggest Star." which is funny since Marth was always considered the mascot of Fire Emblem.

PSH! Biggest star my fat behind!

I'll drink a glass of pure sweat before I say Ike is the "Biggest Star". HA!

Most people know Marth before Ike anyway, not to mention Marth has literally 4 different games he's in lol

Now, I like Ike (pun intended), but I knew about Marth way before I knew about him. Even so, I'm still happy he's here heh. 

Spoiler

All hail Marth

Spoiler

jk

Edited by Arcanite

1 minute ago, unique said:

man now i'm thinking about how funny it would've been if they pulled a lucius again but even weirder and made soren a dagger user because of that knife promotion you can get him in PoR that no one ever uses

Actually, I feel there's about a 50/50 chance Calill will end up with a dagger.

Haha the PoR dagger users. Actually a fun idea for a Soren with dagger for one of those holliday versions. (Halloween Soren) he'll have really low attack but be a debuffing monster.

12 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

They shouldn't add anymore healers into the game. Literally make me want to cry every time I see a slot on the focus wasted on a character who could have been someone actually worth a rat's behind.

And I know some people like certain healers or what have you for their character but seriously, I'd rather take skill fodder than another healer (Clair is an example). And Mist isn't even mounted either so it ain't even a trade off -.-

Oh well! *shrugs*

Healers are just so same-y it gets boring after some time. I fed all of my healers to Priscilla for skills so new healers don't really have much to offer my roster anymore.

On the bright side, Mist's Spur Def/Res looks pretty cool! It still isn't really worth pulling for her, imo.

5 minutes ago, unique said:

man now i'm thinking about how funny it would've been if they pulled a lucius again but even weirder and made soren a dagger user because of that knife promotion you can get him in PoR that no one ever uses

That would be so funny I wouldn't even be mad.

I'm definitely going to be focusing primarily on red orbs for this banner. I imagine that gives a 3% chance of getting Ike?

Still not seeing an appeal in pulling colorless. Pulling green seems a bit silly since I already have two 5* green mages and three 5* axes, and despite their new skills, neither Soren nor Titania look that good. Still, as far as I can tell, Titania is the first green cavalry available at 5* without using feathers or pulling from a GHB banner, so she could be useful since I'm interested in working on a cavalry team. Plus, extra odds of getting a bonus unit is nice. There are some blue units I'd like (Azura, Ninian, and 5* Reinhardt so I don't have to upgrade my 4* one), but lack of any focus unit means blue less appealing right now.

18 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm definitely going to be focusing primarily on red orbs for this banner. I imagine that gives a 3% chance of getting Ike?

Still not seeing an appeal in pulling colorless. Pulling green seems a bit silly since I already have two 5* green mages and three 5* axes, and despite their new skills, neither Soren nor Titania look that good.

Oh, how I wish Soren and Titania became good summons...
But really, I can't see them making Soren outclass (or at least compete) with Ninonuke. Titania could be like a mounted Cherche, but I guess she'll end up as more mediocre Gunther?

Please IS, prove me wrong.

32 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

there are some people on here who are like you, and recognize greatness

other people don't like her, and to them I say: Be prepared to look over your shoulder, cause I'm coming for you

Would you say that they'd need.... stiches?

5hcf7Hz.thumb.png.cb6620d224325b947b1fb2b49fc89306.png

23 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

PSH! Biggest star my fat behind!

I'll drink a glass of pure sweat before I say Ike is the "Biggest Star". HA!

Most people know Marth before Ike anyway, not to mention Marth has literally 4 different games he's in lol

Now, I like Ike (pun intended), but I knew about Marth way before I knew about him. Even so, I'm still happy he's here heh. 

Reveal hidden contents

All hail Marth

Reveal hidden contents

jk

Well I mean.... considering how this is the 2nd time that he's come out as the most popular character in an official poll, I wouldn't say that its ill-founded.

Spoiler

'Sides, Ike is merely a star; regardless of size, is he the Star-LORD tho? :smug:

I'll only be pulling red here. Ike is the only guy I'm interested in. Mist would be fine but I really don't want to waste my limited orb count (should be over 55 by tomorrow after earning +15 from the new mains story chapter) on pulling colourless crap.

51 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Eh, Ike is probably more of a Smash Bros. character for most people. A really popular Smash Bros. character, but that is where the bulk of his fame comes from. Of course the same could be said of most of the Fire Emblem Smash characters.

At least unlike Roy and maybe Marth, he has lots of fans WITHIN the FE fandom as well. I see plenty of people who played his games say they like him as a character (even if it's just gameplay wise). And he won the Japanese Famitsu poll and the Heroes poll.

Roy only has Smash fans since his game was not released outside of Japan. And those who did play his game don't like him in it because of how bad he is as a unit and his late promotion and such. Apparently some Japanese do like him a lot as a character, but that's it. And Ike still beat everybody on that Japanese poll.

Marth only has one game in the west which didn't do very well and he's not as highly praised character-wise as Ike is. Even on SF alone, I see Ike consistently win favorite lord polls (sometimes by a lot).

Marth is still the general FACE of FE, but given the evidence, Ike is without a doubt the most popular character in the series because of the love Smash players and FE fans alike have for him, so in a way, he is FE's biggest star now.

@Arcanite Two of Marth's games are remakes though. Both him and Ike have the same number of titles discounting that. Though I do agree that Marth may be a bit more well known and the one that comes to mind first for most people anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

At least unlike Roy and maybe Marth, he has lots of fans WITHIN the FE fandom as well. I see plenty of people who played his games say they like him as a character (even if it's just gameplay wise). And he won the Japanese Famitsu poll and the Heroes poll.

Roy only has Smash fans since his game was not released outside of Japan. And those who did play his game don't like him in it because of how bad he is as a unit and his late promotion and such. Apparently some Japanese do like him a lot as a character, but that's it. And Ike still beat everybody on that Japanese poll.

Marth only has one game in the west which didn't do very well and he's not as highly praised character-wise as Ike is. Even on SF alone, I see Ike consistently win favorite lord polls (sometimes by a lot).

Marth is still the general FACE of FE, but given the evidence, Ike is without a doubt the most popular character in the series because of the love Smash players and FE fans alike have for him, so in a way, he is FE's biggest star now.

Marth is certainly a mascot and not most popular-most well known, maybe. Of course, the Tellius games didn't do so great either. Don't get me wrong, I like Ike, but mostly because of Smash like so many others. If his games weren't so hard to find and expensive I would love to play them myself though (virtual console please). Calling him the biggest star though...may be somewhat debatable.

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Roy only has Smash fans since his game was not released outside of Japan. And those who did play his game don't like him in it because of how bad he is as a unit and his late promotion and such. 

*Raises hand* I like Roy despite his flaws in Binding Blade.

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

@Arcanite Two of Marth's games are remakes though. Both him and Ike have the same number of titles discounting that. Though I do agree that Marth may be a bit more well known and the one that comes to mind first for most people anyway.

Maybe try not to speak for everyone?

As for Ike, I think he's only liked because he is massively overpowered, and people love that kind of thing. I can't think of much that is outstanding story-wise.

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Marth is certainly a mascot and not most popular-most well known, maybe. Of course, the Tellius games didn't do so great either. Don't get me wrong, I like Ike, but mostly because of Smash like so many others. If his games weren't so hard to find and expensive I would love to play them myself though (virtual console please). Calling him the biggest star though...may be somewhat debatable.

And many of those Smash players wish to play his games just like you do, but can't because they're inaccessible. This is why they ought to be re-released! It helps Ike's popularity and his games because people will buy his games, and many of those Smash players will probably like him in those games, and those games will get more sales as a result.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

*Raises hand* I like Roy despite his flaws in Binding Blade.

I didn't mean literally no one who played the game liked him, of course.

22 minutes ago, r4v1sh said:

Oh, how I wish Soren and Titania became good summons...
But really, I can't see them making Soren outclass (or at least compete) with Ninonuke. Titania could be like a mounted Cherche, but I guess she'll end up as more mediocre Gunther?

Please IS, prove me wrong.

It depends on what sort of stats they've been putting on recent units. Although, regardless of stats, I'm not that excited about the skill sets either Soren or Titania have, and Soren's skillset in particular looks like a worse version of Merric's.

Gunter is another reason for me to want to pull green, though. I didn't keep any spare copies of him from the beginning, and he can supply Hone Cavalry. I want more spare units with cavalry buff skills to inherit onto 5*s, particularly the offensive ones for boosting Reinhardt's damage, and while Goad Cavalry is the most appealing, it's also way less accessible.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And many of those Smash players wish to play his games just like you do, but can't because they're inaccessible. This is why they ought to be re-released! It helps Ike's popularity and his games because people will buy his games, and many of those Smash players will probably like him in those games, and those games will get more sales as a result.

I wouldn't mind an HD remake of the two now that you mention it. I still doubt that Ike would be my favorite, but at least then I could judge him on his actual character.

9 minutes ago, Suichimo said:

Maybe try not to speak for everyone?

As for Ike, I think he's only liked because he is massively overpowered, and people love that kind of thing. I can't think of much that is outstanding story-wise.

lol wow, how hypocritical. You tell me not to speak for everyone (which I didn't mean to, should've worded that better), but then go and say people only like Ike for gameplay reasons.

Which is wrong. I and others definitely like him for his character and story too. In fact, I like him MORE for that than his being great in gameplay. And nothing stands out story-wise? How about being the only lord that isn't of noble/royal birth, which let him grow up unrefined and more casual, unlike other generic sword princes in this series? How about how he actually grows as a character throughout PoR too? His ability to win the respect and trust of people that at first hate his guts like Reyson (and to a lesser extent, Lethe and Tibarn)? I always found this so admiring about him. Other lords in the series already had respect and trust because they're nicey nice princes and nobles and such, so Ike had to go around and earn it before he made a name for himself. Also, the part where Ike offered food and gold to the Daein people. He didn't get angry or anything when they spat on him. He simply explained that they are not his enemy, that his only enemy is Ashnard and his followers. This also made me keep admiring him.

I admit the whole revenge for the death of a parent thing is cliche, but cliche doesn't necessarily mean bad. And that wasn't even the whole plot anyway. It was more a side thing.

Edited by Anacybele