New banner revealed: World of Radiance!

Vaximillian

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Personally, I think PoR Ike should have decent resistance. He did have a ridiculous 40% resistance growth in that game.

He needs some stats to be bad so he isn't 100% broken. Which ones do you suggest if not something like Res? 

Just now, Raven said:

Elbert: the most useless FE father.

Nah, at least he freed Ninian and Nils iirc, which delayed Nergal's ability to open the gate, and stabbed Nergal while he was dying.

Cornelius, meanwhile... I can't remember anything he did.

5 minutes ago, Suichimo said:

It's been a while since I've played through FE6, Hard Mode is evil, but I can't remember him ever just going against his advisors without good reason.

Actually, I meant all the times he went against his advisors he was right, and of course he had his reasons. But that only proves my point in him being to perfect. At least Marth and Ike often get told of by their advisors at first, which gives you the feeling they aren't perfect leaders from the start, but are growing into the role.

Again, I'm not saying Roy is a bad character, just that I don't like this type of character.

Also, in Ike's stats: I think they will make him a somewhat bulky sword unit, with not bad speed, but not great speed either. It doesn't fit his PoR growths to much, but considering how they handled him in Smash, I'm pretty certain about this (he'll obviously have good attack, because Ike needs to be OP).

What about Ephraim and Eirika's dad? He only exists for a whole prologue. lol And I can't even remember his name.

EDIT: Wait, it was Fado, right?

Edited by Anacybele

Hey, don't be crapping on Elbert now. Guy had his soul ripped out of him and still managed to land a blow that crippled Nergal into needing to hide for over half the game. It's not his fault his efforts were then wasted by Athos making the Lords all piss around in the Bern countryside, allowing Nergal to fully heal and become more than even Athos could handle. :P:

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What about Ephraim and Eirika's dad? He only exists for a whole prologue. lol And I can't even remember his name.

It was indeed Fado. I guess he at least hid the sacred stone so Lyon couldn't crush it after taking over Renais?

Well, at least not until Erika gave it to the Demon king, because why not...

3 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

It was indeed Fado. I guess he at least hid the sacred stone so Lyon couldn't crush it after taking over Renais?

That's why Eirika is the biggest idiot in the series to me. She seemed unrealistically naive and dumb. If memory serves, she also nearly falls into a big trap before that, until Seth sniffs it out first.

12 minutes ago, Raven said:

Elbert: the most useless FE father.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

They can't all be the awesomeness that is Vylon.

Just now, OKigen said:

A dumb question coz I never played Telius. Who's Soren?

He looks kinda cute.

A kid Ike saved a while back, he's really cold and snarky unless you happen to be named Ike.

He works as the Griel Merc's tactician.

There's more but it veers into spoiler territory.

15 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

He needs some stats to be bad so he isn't 100% broken. Which ones do you suggest if not something like Res? 

Defense and HP.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I've never heard of NSider, so no. And around here on SF, I see plenty of story reasons being brought up for liking Ike. Also in the Famitsu poll, one of the most common reasons people listed for voting Ike was that he stood out among the other lords for being a commoner, which is more story than gameplay.

Imo, not to the same degree as Ike.

Ike is in a similar situation. Greil was killed, and before he died, he asked Ike to lead the company. Ike was basically still learning, but got thrust into this position and the biggest job the Greil Mercs ever had to take in helping Elincia.

But despite the character's age, it makes it harder for me to take them seriously if they're 15 as apposed to 17-18+.

NSider ran from about 2003-2007. It was awesome and it's how I ended up here, since FESS had a strong following there and SF took in us FESS guys when it shut down.

You're thinking of 15 year olds like they are today. Roy was extremely disciplined having been the understudy of people like Hector, Cecilia, and Percival. He and Lilina were basically sent around Lycia for training.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Roy's mother is confirmed dead. Which means he only has a living father.

So the only really unique plot point is that Roy is the only lord whose dad survives the entire game (because Greil, Elbert, Vylon, and Sigurd sure as hell don't).

Really? First time I've heard that. Where did they say it?

Poor Ninian.

12 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Reminder that Ephraim wasn't slow as bricks in SS... Their performance in their own game doesn't matter that much.

Dat speed cap tho.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Defense and HP.

Agreed. I'm just so fed up with of low res melee. Let's have a change.

I actually wouldnt mind if he has low attack and high def/res, since his portrait looks rather tanky :)

1 minute ago, Suichimo said:

Really? First time I've heard that. Where did they say it?

Poor Ninian.

I forget where exactly it was mentioned. I do believe both Roy and Lilina's mothers were dead by the extended epilogue in FE7.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Defense and HP.

1 HP
52 Atk
52 Spd
0 Def
52 Res

Sound a'right?

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

1 HP
52 Atk
52 Spd
0 Def
52 Res

Sound a'right?

Sure, let's go with that XD It'd certainly make him an ... interesting unit for sure.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I forget where exactly it was mentioned. I do believe both Roy and Lilina's mothers were dead by the extended epilogue in FE7.

1 HP
52 Atk
52 Spd
0 Def
52 Res

Sound a'right?

Perfect, absolute perfection. 

29 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The guy pretty much dies right at the start of the game, which is sad because I liked his design and would've liked to see more of him in action.

26 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Reminder that Ephraim wasn't slow as bricks in SS... Their performance in their own game doesn't matter that much.

But Ephraim has low cap in speed, which hurts his performance in the post-game. 

23 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

And she gets punished for it. Plus, Erika is extremely naive and at that point of the game, she was so desperate that she could have done anything to save her friend

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

1 HP

52 Atk
52 Spd
0 Def
52 Res

Sound a'right?

Well...at least he would be a decent magic tank?

7 minutes ago, The Malign Knight said:

Well...at least he would be a decent magic tank?

A +Atk 5* Lilina would be the only mage capable of damaging him unbuffed

Edit: Ursula, Linde and Nowi would too.

Edited by Zero1000

21 minutes ago, Suichimo said:

You're thinking of 15 year olds like they are today. Roy was extremely disciplined having been the understudy of people like Hector, Cecilia, and Percival. He and Lilina were basically sent around Lycia for training.

...Uh, what? No, I'm not. Real life 15 year olds have nothing to do with it. I don't know how many act today since I only ever knew one and that was my brother before he fucking took his own life.

Though realistically, adults are given leadership positions much more often than kids, so that is a bit of a factor here.

Eirika actually has reason to be naive as well -- she's a sheltered princess who's experiencing the hardships of war for the first time. She wants to believe that her dear friend can still be saved, and she gives in to a moment of weakness. And nearly dooms the world for it. Yeah, it wasn't a smart thing to do, but she made a mistake and she learned from it. Her mistake isn't glossed over either; Eirika feels the impact of what she has done and how Lyon is truly gone. L'Arachel doesn't tell her that "it's all right you made a mistake" either, but encourages Eirika to be strong and to be able to do what is right.

This is, of course, in stark contrast to someone like Corrin who is coddled and told his naivety is okay. Heck, even Ike is a bit naive in aspects such as noble culture. But apparently his naivety to nobility is sometimes presented as a good thing because it makes him all that much of a "moral" person. Or something. Even if people don't like Eirika's naivety, at least it's written properly and not glossed over and not just made to be an endearing part of her. It's something that causes her to make mistakes because she really doesn't know better.