New banner revealed: World of Radiance!

Vaximillian

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I hate and am so tired of the steroids joke with RD Ike... People really have not seen actual super muscular guys if they think he looks like he's on steroids. I've seen way way worse offenders. And RD Ike looks like any NFL player that's worked out a lot if you ask me and there are a lot of those. I highly doubt every single one of them used steroids since it's against the NFL rules.

Anyway, so that's who Leif Erickson was. I remember the name from Monopoly, and "Leif Erickson Day" was a thing in a Spongebob episode for some reason, but I never had any idea where it came from.

RD Hero Ike sorta looks a bit gorillaish to me. At least, I think his portrait pose is like that. :P

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I could forgive people for not knowing some of the more obscure US presidents, like MIllard Fillmore, but Eisenhower was a big part of World War Two, and a basic knowledge of the last 100 years or so of general world history or so should be expected of educated adults.

No offense on the steroids joke, I don't mind muscle Ike, I just prefer his lither version.

Yeah, Leif Erickson was the son of Eric the Red, and the guy who was responsible for the Vikings settling in America for a brief period, before they got chased off for giving the Native Americans cheese and skirmishing a few times.

Yeah, but not any kids who might play Smash or FE. I don't think many, say, Japanese kids would know of Eisenhower.

Alright, just so long as you're not serious. xP I prefer sexy muscle Ike myself, of course. <3 I just can't help it, RD Ike is super hot to me!

And I see, I see. But chased off because of cheese? lolwut, crazy Native Americans. If they never saw cheese before, I get it if they're confused, but give it a chance. :P

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but not any kids who might play Smash or FE. I don't think many, say, Japanese kids would know of Eisenhower.

Alright, just so long as you're not serious. xP I prefer sexy muscle Ike myself, of course. <3 I just can't help it, RD Ike is super hot to me!

And I see, I see. But chased off because of cheese? lolwut, crazy Native Americans. If they never saw cheese before, I get it if they're confused, but give it a chance. :P

I wonder about that, considering Japan was part of WWII, so I'm guessing Eisenhower is mentioned in most Japanese history books.

2 minutes ago, Jave said:

I wonder about that, considering Japan was part of WWII, so I'm guessing Eisenhower is mentioned in most Japanese history books.

Japan doesn't exactly seem very good with history. Still, they might know about Eisenhower, but they may not know that it is shortened to Ike.

Welp, I was expecting this!

"Welcome to the WWII thread, where all we talk about is Eisenhower, Japan, and, you guessed it, WWII!"

Tune in as we wait for WWIII to happen

23 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

RD Hero Ike sorta looks a bit gorillaish to me. At least, I think his portrait pose is like that. :P

"Gorillaish"

I think that's how I'd describe it too, to be honest XD

Could someone give me the maths of obtaining Mist if I pulled only colorless? I'm kind of interested in her unique Spur skill, since it'd stack nicely with Ninian's buff. 

Also if Ike's total Atk+Spd value surpasses Ryoma's Atk+Spd, I might actually blow money on this banner. Mostly because I spent a lot of orbs on the Nowi banner and I now seriously doubt my chances of getting Ike without coughing up cash. If his stat spread is even more optimized than Ryoma's, he's simply too good to pass up and I'll go all in to get him. Otherwise I'll either skip this banner or make a half-hearted attempt at Mist.

52 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I could forgive people for not knowing some of the more obscure US presidents, like MIllard Fillmore, but Eisenhower was a big part of World War Two, and a basic knowledge of the last 100 years or so of general world history or so should be expected of educated adults.

No offense on the steroids joke, I don't mind muscle Ike, I just prefer his lither version.

Yeah, Leif Erickson was the son of Eric the Red, and the guy who was responsible for the Vikings settling in America for a brief period, before they got chased off for giving the Native Americans cheese and skirmishing a few times.

Oh, history curriculums can vary a whole lot. I can tell you that even as a univeristy graduate, for me, Millard Fillmore only sounds like the name of a brewery.

On the FE topic: Am I the only one that actually likes RD Ike? I think his character is a nice variation from the usual FE noble/finesse archetypes from earlier games, by being both muscular and mercenary. I kinda wish Path of Radiance Ike was more designed like him, really (that may be the only thing RD does better though).

And about Leaf, thanks for that. I had completely forgotten about Leif the navigator. Everytime I read Leif (instead of the Leaf I had grown used to) I could only think of Le1f the rapper.

Edited by r4v1sh

Huh. I just realized. With Ike and friends here, all FE continents are now represented in Heroes. 

Granted, we still need to see more Magvellian characters, as it's the only continent that is only represented by two Heroes.

Also, I get the feeling World of Radiance isn't gonna be the only new story chapter. I feel like we'll get another one soon and here is my evidence: Lloyd. Lloyd is planned to be a Great Hero Battle in May, taking place after Xander's. However, Lloyd isn't in this game. At all. Meanwhile, Camus is and he's the only one of the non-Summonables who hasn't gotten a Grand Hero Battle yet.

44 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

They were lactose intolerant, so eating the cheese made them sick, and they took it out on the people who gave them the cheese.

34 minutes ago, Jave said:

31 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Japan doesn't exactly seem very good with history. Still, they might know about Eisenhower, but they may not know that it is shortened to Ike.

Yeah, maybe not know everything about the guy, but at least people should know who Eisenhower was, just like I'd expect to know who Stalin and Hitler were.  It's not really a strictly US history, but world history, which people should have a passing familiarity with.

21 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

"Welcome to the WWII thread, where all we talk about is Eisenhower, Japan, and, you guessed it, WWII!"

There will be a quiz later, I hope you've studied.

5 minutes ago, r4v1sh said:

Oh, history curriculums can vary a whole lot. I can tell you that even as a univeristy graduate, for me, Millard Fillmore only sounds like the name of a brewery.

Yeah, for the more obscure historical figures from over a hundred years ago, it's understandable if people don't know about them, but a well-informed populace should be expected for a voting body, but I think we're starting to go off-topic, now.

27 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Could someone give me the maths of obtaining Mist if I pulled only colorless? I'm kind of interested in her unique Spur skill, since it'd stack nicely with Ninian's buff.

Assuming exactly 2 of the current Focus characters are available as a 4-star as the current pattern suggests:

• If Faye is not available as a 4-star, Mist's chances are 2.82% (1 in 35.5).
  • If Faye is available as a 4-star, Mist's chances are 2.78% (1 in 36.0).

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

They were lactose intolerant, so eating the cheese made them sick, and they took it out on the people who gave them the cheese.

I see, that's more understandable, but how were the Vikings supposed to know of lactose intolerance there? :P

And yeah, we're getting off topic.

But indeed, with Ike and his guys added, every continent has more than one character in the game! Sanaki was the first Tellius character already, so it already had some form of representation, even if it was small (no pun intended...since Sanaki is short. :P).

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Assuming exactly 2 of the current Focus characters are available as a 4-star as the current pattern suggests:

Ah, thank you very much! Admittedly that doesn't look like very pretty odds. Almost makes me consider waiting it out for a hypothetical Ward Dragons or something. But it does feel very tempting because I've been wavering about what C-Skill to hand to Nowi...

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I wondered aloud earlier, but didn't see any follow-up, is there any speculation of any more Tellius characters getting added as 3-4* units?

Since we're getting an actual 5 map chapter, it seems like they might want to add a few units to flesh it out, so it's not the same 4 characters being recycled multiple time in 5 maps.  My guesses would be the Green Bros and Rhys, possibly Mia, Shinnon, and/or Gatrie, since they seem to be sticking with the Greil Mercs.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I wondered aloud earlier, but didn't see any follow-up, is there any speculation of any more Tellius characters getting added as 3-4* units?

Since we're getting an actual 5 map chapter, it seems like they might want to add a few units to flesh it out, so it's not the same 4 characters being recycled multiple time in 5 maps.  My guesses would be the Green Bros and Rhys, possibly Mia, Shinnon, and/or Gatrie, since they seem to be sticking with the Greil Mercs.

It's not gonna be the same 4 every map it'll be 1 for each for the first 4, then all 4 on the last part.

Edited by Arcanite

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

It's not gonna be the same 4 every map it'll be 1 for each for the first 4, then all 4 on the last part.

Not the same 4, but most of the Maps thus far has had at least 2-3 non-generic characters, so it would be a bit odd, if each map only had 1 named character per map.

I do think the last map will be all 4 units; it's just a question of what they'll do with the other 4 maps.

Oh, I wish I didn't have to work tomorrow.  This is the most excited I've been for Heroes since launch.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

You know, that is a good point. It would be a bit weird if they only had one of the 4 characters per map. Most story maps have around 2 named characters and there is not much overlap until the fifth map. With the 3 most recent banners only having 4 characters instead of 6, maybe IS has had the resources to add in more low-rarity characters, but then the datamines would probably have found them by now unless they're planning on doing a surprise update right before the banner hits.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

You know, that is a good point. It would be a bit weird if they only had one of the 4 characters per map. Most story maps have around 2 named characters and there is not much overlap until the fifth map. With the 3 most recent banners only having 4 characters instead of 6, maybe IS has had the resources to add in more low-rarity characters, but then the datamines would probably have found them by now unless they're planning on doing a surprise update right before the banner hits.

They might have gotten better at "hiding" the data from the data miners.  We didn't learn about the Tellius Banner until it got announced today.  I forget, was there another update today?  But I guess that doesn't preclude the possibility of another update tomorrow.

I just figured if they're going to add more 3*, now's as good a time as any.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

They might have gotten better at "hiding" the data from the data miners.  We didn't learn about the Tellius Banner until it got announced today.  I forget, was there another update today?  But I guess that doesn't preclude the possibility of another update tomorrow.

Yeah, they've apparently become really good at that. In fact, there are two new banners in the game files now, and we know one of them is the new Tellius banner. Unfortunately, dataminers are having problems decrypting the files due to some .bin.lz format or something, and even though we know there's an extra banner for sure, we can't quite figure out who is in it yet. Of course, the extra banner could simply be Battling Xander, so who knows. 

2 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Yeah, they've apparently become really good at that. In fact, there are two new banners in the game files now, and we know one of them is the new Tellius banner. Unfortunately, dataminers are having problems decrypting the files due to some .bin.lz format or something, and even though we know there's an extra banner for sure, we can't quite figure out who is in it yet. Of course, the extra banner could simply be Battling Xander, so who knows. 

They're most likely the Xander Banner and the follow-up Gaiden Banner with Celica and crew, but as you said, we don't really know who all will be there.  Although there might be a Gauntlet Banner or something before we get to Celica.

16 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Oh, I wish I didn't have to work tomorrow.  This is the most excited I've been for Heroes since launch.

Oh, me too me too me too!

I'm still unemployed due to moving away, so no work here, but this is the most excited I've been too! IKE IS FINALLY COMING!!

24 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

That's a good point. With a whole new story chapter rather than just a paralogue, it makes sense for this to also be a point where they add non-banner characters, unlike previous banners.

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

The reason we didn't learn about the Tellius banner until today is because it didn't exist in the game files until today. We had an update earlier today that added this new content.

7 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Unfortunately, dataminers are having problems decrypting the files due to some .bin.lz format or something, and even though we know there's an extra banner for sure, we can't quite figure out who is in it yet.

A .bin.lz extension looks suspiciously like it'd be a compressed raw data file.

I know stuff about data compression, but nothing of cryptography, though.

28 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I think it's quite possible that we get a few new characters aside from the banner ones. It's the first time we're getting a new chapter, after all, and it makes sense that a story chapter would add more characters to the game than a paralogue. I'm just not sure if IS is going to add them to the summon pool right away, or if they're going to save them for something else.

I didn't say anything before because the dataminers didn't find a single trace of it, so I started believing this was just wishful thinking on my part. But a story chapter with only 4 characters in it is a bit underwhelming, ain't it?

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm still unemployed due to moving away, so no work here, but this is the most excited I've been too! IKE IS FINALLY COMING!!

Better hurry up and get a job before you lose all your money getting Ike

13 minutes ago, Othin said:

That's a good point. With a whole new story chapter rather than just a paralogue, it makes sense for this to also be a point where they add non-banner characters, unlike previous banners.

I feel like that's really unlikely, and I don't think you guys should get your hopes up, in my opinion :/

IS has surprises sometimes, but this time I think that'd be a little too sweet. If they DO add more characters, I'm not logging on to the forum for a day.

6 hours ago, escotanner said:

So Polygon recently released a article titled: "Fire Emblem Heroes Finally adds the Series' Biggest Star."

Huh. That's strange, because Minerva was already in the game. Wonder what they're talking about.

4 hours ago, Arcanite said:

I never played binding, but some people say he was nigh useless in the game...... is that true?

Roy was pretty useless for a large stretch because he promotes so late. So, for a lot of it, he's sitting around in the back of the bus while everyone else does all the hard work.

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Roy's age is one thing that turns me off from him, admittedly. I'm just not a fan of having a kid his age lead an army as opposed to someone a little older but also able to think things through and stuff, even if they have to learn that a little later.

Yeah, I hate it when teenagers are running the armies. It's pretty silly. I usually need to imagine that they're older than the canonical age.

Another thing I'm definitely not a fan of is having actual children infest the armies. Kana, you're way too young for this crap.

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Everyone join the WWIII hype train!!