New banner revealed: World of Radiance!

Vaximillian

8 minutes ago, Raven said:

Before thinking about inheriting skills, Aether costs 500 SP. Save up and prioritise that before spending on other skills.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing, actually.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, RipTide said:

Wouldnt leaving luna on ike be better than aether cause of shorter cd + heavy blade he would be activating it more often. 

In general, yes, I'd say lower CDs skills are better. 

As far as procs go, Ike actually benefits more from Bonfire or Draconic Aura than Luna though. 

I GOT IKE!!!!!! :) WHOO HOO!!!! :) ;) :) saving up all my orbs really paid off. i was bummed about getting three titanias and no soren, but then on my very last pull I GOT SOREN!!!! now hopefully they won't release any more characters i want so i can go back to hoarding... along the way i also got azura, which i'm pretty psyched about, and lyn although i don't really care about her much.

43 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

In general, yes, I'd say lower CDs skills are better. 

As far as procs go, Ike actually benefits more from Bonfire or Draconic Aura than Luna though. 

Aether has its healing ability in the game though, and Ike can proc it quickly enough with his Heavy Blade. It's managed to save him a few times for me so far while leveling him up. I'm getting him as many kills as I can, even against disadvantageous units so he gets more SP. I still need like 700 more for him to get all the skills he has left right now! I didn't get him Heavy Blade 2 or 3 yet, or Swordbreaker 3, and I also dumped Reposition in his set. And this isn't factoring in the C skill I want to give him too.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Aether has its healing ability in the game though, and Ike can proc it quickly enough with his Heavy Blade. It's managed to save him a few times for me so far while leveling him up. I'm getting him as many kills as I can, even against disadvantageous units so he gets more SP. I still need like 700 more for him to get all the skills he has left right now! I didn't get him Heavy Blade 2 or 3 yet, or Swordbreaker 3, and I also dumped Reposition in his set. And this isn't factoring in the C skill I want to give him too.

I admit I haven't tested out my own Ike yet, so I'm unsure how much Heavy Blade helps with CD reduction. I'll be able to give better advice once I've done some testing on my own time. 

I'm just trying to give advice from past experience where 5 (or even 4) cd skills are generally undesirable in competitive Arena compared to their 3 cd counterparts. 

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Okay, so I like what Ike gets naturally, so he just lacks a C skill and an assist skill for now. I did pull more Selenas trying for him though, so I'll dump Reposition on him.

But what C skill to give him... I want the best Ike mine can be! He's +HP, -res, btw.

My go to is always Threaten Speed.

11 minutes ago, Suichimo said:

My go to is always Threaten Speed.

Threaten Atk will help him take less damage, so he can heal more.

Also throw on a Quick Riposte on him for Hector-like double-attacks so he can have Aether ready to proc on his next attack.

I'd wait to get Aether as Luna is actually a lot more "Busted" in addition to his Heavy blade

You can do whatever you want, obviously :P

Even though Ike without Aether is a little weird

Keeping your health up so you can Quick Riposte all day is a pretty busted setup that actually beats on over 100 heroes or something aside form the blue sword counters, according to the chat on discord.

7 minutes ago, Raven said:

Threaten Atk will help him take less damage, so he can heal more.

Also throw on a Quick Riposte on him for Hector-like double-attacks so he can have Aether ready to proc on his next attack.

Less doubles = Less damage. It also allows him to double some enemies he may not have been able to, which = more damage and more time to proc Aether.

11 minutes ago, Suichimo said:

Less doubles = Less damage. It also allows him to double some enemies he may not have been able to, which = more damage and more time to proc Aether.

That's why quick riposte is pretty essential to his kit, so he can double regardless.

Even a person with a spd-screwed Ike can be redeemed with quick riposte.

Edited by Raven

Well, I think I still like Threaten Atk a bit more. Now to just wait until I pull someone who has all three of them at 4 star. :P

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Well, I think I still like Threaten Atk a bit more. Now to just wait until I pull someone who has all three of them at 4 star. :P

That'd be Hawkeye.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, I actually have him. But he's the only Hawkeye I have and I like him, so... I'll wait for another. :P

I'd just say screw it cause I already have Frederick anyway

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I'd just say screw it cause I already have Frederick anyway

Hawkeye is a rare high res physical axe unit tho. He could come in handy again later just like he did when I got female Robin.

Edited by Anacybele

Any suggestions for what to do with my 2 Sorens? One is -Atk/+Def and the other is -Res/+Def (why), and I haven't decided if I want to merge or use both for the lulz. I already fed the -Res one Gronnblade+, but I don't know whether to put LoD2 on him or wait to see if I can get a Hinata for Fury 3. I prefer LoD, but sadly I don't have the feathers right now to give him LoD3.

It might be difficult to tell (/s), but I really like Soren even though his skillset sucks my poor boy and I'm willing to sacrifice a lot of resources to make him good.

Edit: @Anacybele The benefit of using Hawkeye for Threaten Atk is that he gets it as a 4*, so if yours is a 5* I agree you should wait. You could always use Threaten Atk 2 temporarily if you have an Azama lying around.

Edited by hauteclere

1 minute ago, hauteclere said:

Any suggestions for what to do with my 2 Sorens? One is -Atk/+Def and the other is -Res/+Def (why), and I haven't decided if I want to merge or use both for the lulz. I already fed the -Res one Gronnblade+, but I don't know whether to put LoD2 on him or wait to see if I can get a Hinata for Fury 3. I prefer LoD, but sadly I don't have the feathers right now to give him LoD3.

It might be difficult to tell (/s), but I really like Soren even though his skillset sucks my poor boy and I'm willing to sacrifice a lot of resources to make him good.

I'd say use the -Res one (obviously)

If you're willing to sacrifice a lot of resources, then its Life and Death 3. Also, you can give him a blade tome if you want to.

2 minutes ago, hauteclere said:

I don't have Soren, but I'm sure others would agree in saying that -Atk is a bane that you really don't want in general. So I would just merge that one into the -Res Soren.

1 minute ago, Midori Mage said:

So I would just merge that one into the -Res Soren.

HALT!

@hauteclere!

If you are going to merge them, put ALL your skills on the -Atk one, and then merge!

this way he'll already be OP before you even start training the -Res one!

And you'll have oodles of SP left over for banger strats!

7 minutes ago, hauteclere said:

Edit: @Anacybele The benefit of using Hawkeye for Threaten Atk is that he gets it as a 4*, so if yours is a 5* I agree you should wait. You could always use Threaten Atk 2 temporarily if you have an Azama lying around.

My Hawkeye is 4 star, but yeah, if I pull Azama again first, I'll probably take Threaten Atk 1 and 2 from him to start off.

@Midori Mage Thanks for the advice! Yeah, -Atk on mages sucks...I was so excited when I pulled the -Atk/+Def one and I saw his boon and bane and cried.

@Arcanite Oooooh boy time to grind feathers. I currently have a grand total of 190 after using up my stash to promote Nino as a human sacrifice to angry wind boy. And thank you for the warning! I'll start stacking skills on Mr. -Atk hehehe.

Edited by hauteclere
grammar

Woo! Pulled Ike!! I had been saving up orbs for awhile, so I had about 90. I only spent about 50 of them to get him too. I sorta forgive the RNG Goddess a little for the shenanigans she pulled when I was trying to summon Minerva. Time to train him up!

After failing to get Alm like I hoped for, I decided to try pulling for Ike with the 5 orbs I got with Cecila's quest thingy. Of course, the red orb is a 5-Star Ike. :V Better than getting yet another Gunther, at least...