New banner revealed: World of Radiance!

Vaximillian

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Bwahahahaha.

I guess we'll pull for Soren tomorrow. Way too late now.

Wish us luck for the token FE Yaoi jokes.

I'm gonna call it right here:

You pull Soren, she pulls Ike. :P:

28 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Bwahahahaha.

I guess we'll pull for Soren tomorrow. Way too late now.

Wish us luck for the token FE Yaoi jokes.

I'm almost tempted to keep my -Atk/+Def Soren now, for maximally matching boyfriendos

8 hours ago, eclipse said:

I'm gonna call it right here:

You pull Soren, she pulls Ike. :P:

8 hours ago, hauteclere said:

I'm almost tempted to keep my -Atk/+Def Soren now, for maximally matching boyfriendos

Crap. I keep saying us and we. Too ingrained in my head that we're one entity to the internet.

I'm not rolling at all. I have no incentive to this banner. Haha.

People think just because they share a quote means they're lovers? Seriously?

I guess the Fates royals and their retainers all have big love triangles going on then.

I'm sorry, but people acting like Ike and Soren are a canon couple when they're not and don't even have a romantic ending just annoys me. And I know for a fact other people don't like it when people push their preferred pairings as absolute fact either. The only fact here is that Ike has no canon romances.

Edited by Anacybele

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I guess the Fates royals and their retainers all have big love triangles going on then.

I'm sorry, but people acting like Ike and Soren are a canon couple when they're not and don't even have a romantic ending just annoys me. And I know for a fact other people don't like it when people push their preferred pairings as absolute fact either. The only fact here is that Ike has no canon romances.

Read the comment after it and compare it to the shared quote. While I did get a similar same impression that them sharing a quote was part of what the post was saying, it was just a part and definitely wouldn't be the only possibility.

Also if your speaking from experience you might want to say so up front. 

Edited by goodperson707

2 minutes ago, goodperson707 said:

Read the comment after it and compare it to the shared quote. While I did get a similar same impression that them sharing a quote was part of what the post was saying, it was just a part and definitely wouldn't be the only possibility.

Also if your speaking from experience you might want to say so up front. 

I know it's more a joke than anything, but the fact that it's made people bring up the gay thing at all regardless is pretty silly, imo.

And yeah, I do speak from experience, sorry about that. I've had people say I'm pushing my pairings a bit too much (never meant to though, not at all and I'm sorry if I ever do/did) as well as people saying the same thing about others.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Seems to just be a joke based on the hints in PoR and RD, not "just" based on these quotes. No need to get so upset about it.

4 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Seems to just be a joke based on the hints in PoR and RD, not "just" based on these quotes. No need to get so upset about it.

I always questioned what hints exactly. All I can see is that they're close friends. Nothing that really points to them being gay. Heather is the one implied to be gay/lesbian.... Soren does have an unhealthy attachment to Ike though.

Sorry though, such jokes were just always a pet peeve of mine.

24 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I always questioned what hints exactly. All I can see is that they're close friends. Nothing that really points to them being gay. Heather is the one implied to be gay/lesbian.... Soren does have an unhealthy attachment to Ike though.

Sorry though, such jokes were just always a pet peeve of mine.

People like shipping their pairings. As long as they aren't forcing their pairings on others, I don't really see what's wrong with that.

Now, the argument of who's on top, though. That can get vicious.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

People like shipping their pairings. As long as they aren't forcing their pairings on others, I don't really see what's wrong with that.

But I feel like with how often I see the gay joke for these two, it IS kind of being forced on people...

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Now, the argument of who's on top, though. That can get vicious.

If Plato thought Patroclus topped Achilles, that's good enough for me.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But I feel like with how often I see the gay joke for these two, it IS kind of being forced on people...

I feel like if you keep arguing about this, you're kind of forcing other people not to ship it. People are allowed to ship or joke about shipping whatever they want without being harassed by you.

Edited by salinea

9 minutes ago, salinea said:

I feel like if you keep arguing about this, you're kind of forcing other people not to ship it. People are allowed to ship or joke about shipping whatever they want without being harassed by you.

Nobody is harassing anyone though?

Edited by Anacybele

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I mean, it's not just a joke all the time. I wouldn't call myself a shipper but I always just took Ike and Soren to be pretty close to canon considering it would be impossible for a Nintendo game in the 2000s to outright say "these two men are a couple". I'll make a comment or joke about it now and then, doesn't mean I want everyone to ship them. Could be the case for others, as well.

It's like if someone made a joke about Eliwood and Ninian, it would be silly for someone else to get mad because it's not technically canon and they like Eliwood and Lyn better.

Basically, I know you're big on shipping but you shouldn't get so invested in what other people say that goes against your preferences. It's just a headache that I'm sure you would rather avoid. Live and let live and such.

2 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

I mean, it's not just a joke all the time. I wouldn't call myself a shipper but I always just took Ike and Soren to be pretty close to canon considering it would be impossible for a Nintendo game in the 2000s to outright say "these two men are a couple". I'll make a comment or joke about it now and then, doesn't mean I want everyone to ship them. Could be the case for others, as well.

It's like if someone made a joke about Eliwood and Ninian, it would be silly for someone else to get mad because it's not technically canon and they like Eliwood and Lyn better.

Basically, I know you're big on shipping but you shouldn't get so invested in what other people say that goes against your preferences. It's just a headache that I'm sure you would rather avoid. Live and let live and such.

I understand, but please note that I don't say this simply because I don't agree with the pairing or anything. I wouldn't want my favorite pairings shoved around or down people's throats either. It would not only cause those people to probably dislike said pairings, but my own enjoyment of them would lessen too! xP

But again, I understand and yes, I'd rather avoid headaches. So I apologize.

3 minutes ago, salinea said:

All of your comments, they kind of add up to that after a while.

I believe I only made a total of two comments directly relating to Ike and Soren though? But whatever the case, I never mean to harass anyone and I'm sorry if anyone feels that way.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

What if I told you I multiship IkexSoren AND IkexElincia

In all seriousness, Ike is the closest we've ever gotten to a not-straight lord, simply because he doesn't have any canon romances. To be fair, no pairings in FE are actually canon unless they're unbreakable. MicaiahxSothe isn't technically canon, nor is EliwoodxNinian or ChromxSumia, because none of those pairings are forced. People ship Ike with Soren because they have one of the two possible paired endings for Ike, and usually paired endings mean romance in FE.

Nobody's trying to force anything here, we're just having fun. And I don't think anybody is claiming that IkexSoren is THE canon pairing for Ike (what about Ranulf) except for a few more ardent fans, because honestly nothing is canon. Until IS makes an explicit announcement of "HEY IKE IS STRAIGHT" or "JK HE GAY" we will probably never know.

7 minutes ago, hauteclere said:

What if I told you I multiship IkexSoren AND IkexElincia

In all seriousness, Ike is the closest we've ever gotten to a not-straight lord, simply because he doesn't have any canon romances. To be fair, no pairings in FE are actually canon unless they're unbreakable. MicaiahxSothe isn't technically canon, nor is EliwoodxNinian or ChromxSumia, because none of those pairings are forced. People ship Ike with Soren because they have one of the two possible paired endings for Ike, and usually paired endings mean romance in FE.

Nobody's trying to force anything here, we're just having fun. And I don't think anybody is claiming that IkexSoren is THE canon pairing for Ike (what about Ranulf) except for a few more ardent fans, because honestly nothing is canon. Until IS makes an explicit announcement of "HEY IKE IS STRAIGHT" or "JK HE GAY" we will probably never know.

That'd be pretty amusing, actually. lol

Oh, I understand, and I didn't mean anyone in HERE was trying to force the ship, I meant others outside SF kind of did. And yeah, paired endings USUALLY mean romance, but not always. Ike is one exception, and didn't Duessel and Amelia have a platonic ending? Raven and Lucius is often interpreted as a couple, but even they aren't outright stated to become a couple in their ending either. I think Eliwood and Hector also have this.

But yeah, harmless fun is fine. I mean, it's harmless.

Edited by Anacybele

14 minutes ago, hauteclere said:

Until IS makes an explicit announcement of "HEY IKE IS STRAIGHT" or "JK HE GAY" we will probably never know.

Would the fact that Priam is a thing not evidence enough that Ike is straight, either that or Ike and Soren found some woman to be a surrogate :p 

11 minutes ago, KaidenTL said:

Would the fact that Priam is a thing not evidence enough that Ike is straight, either that or Ike and Soren found some woman to be a surrogate :p 

ok i didn't want to get into this argument but I want to point out that by fire emblem's own logic, priam doesn't necessarily mean anything about that

marth is mentioned many times to be a descendant of king anri, and is able to use the falchion due to having anri's blood in his veins

however, it's also stated that king anri never married, and that his brother was the one who marth is descended from

thus, by the same logic, priam could be a descendant of mist rather than ike

Edited by unique

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That'd be pretty amusing, actually. lol

Oh, I understand, and I didn't mean anyone in HERE was trying to force the ship, I meant others outside SF kind of did. And yeah, paired endings USUALLY mean romance, but not always. Ike is one exception, and didn't Duessel and Amelia have a platonic ending? Raven and Lucius is often interpreted as a couple, but even they aren't outright stated to become a couple in their ending either. I think Eliwood and Hector also have this.

But yeah, harmless fun is fine. I mean, it's harmless.

Not sure how to put this, but aren't you trying to say that your intent gets misinterpreted and even on the similar/the same subject? Saying other people our forcing their pairings without knowing thier intent seems a bit suspect to me? 

I'd also wouldn't take for granted that people will judge your posts purely on their own or know what your intent is. (Not saying it is fair or right just that it it is a possibility and imo a rather likely one.) I think it can be said that you have a reputation and people can have long/specific memories. (For example while in this case you may have only mentioned Ike and Soren twice, to another point of view that statement could be seen as a flat out lie) 

Sorry if this comes off the wrong way, I have trouble with writing and social skills, Just trying to point stuff out I think is worth mentioning.  

19 minutes ago, goodperson707 said:

Not sure how to put this, but aren't you trying to say that your intent gets misinterpreted and even on the similar/the same subject? Saying other people our forcing their pairings without knowing thier intent seems a bit suspect to me? 

I'd also wouldn't take for granted that people will judge your posts purely on their own or know what your intent is. (Not saying it is fair or right just that it it is a possibility and imo a rather likely one.) I think it can be said that you have a reputation and people can have long/specific memories. (For example while in this case you may have only mentioned Ike and Soren twice, to another point of view that statement could be seen as a flat out lie) 

Sorry if this comes off the wrong way, I have trouble with writing and social skills, Just trying to point stuff out I think is worth mentioning.  

I see. And I understand. So again, I apologize for any wrongdoing. I've also decided to (at least mostly) stop saying that I can't see what the others are saying I'm doing/saying and instead just apologizing anyway. I feel like that causes less trouble and arguments.

But you're not coming off the wrong way, don't worry.