Next Grand hero Battle: Xander

Michelaar

23 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

They should put Reinhardt in every GHB banner. So people can clear easily.

I'm still amazed they made Reinhardt a 4* unit. Out of all of them, would have expected him to remain 5*. Grateful for it, though. Makes adding skills to him easy with the other Reinhardts I've pulled xD

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last thing I remember is that 3* Ursula dies to Xander on Lunatic 9-5 because she can't one-shot him with Hone Attack 3? and because of Distant Counter and I think he's fast enough to double her. If his stats are around Lunatic 9-5 Xander's, then Ursula will need to be a 4* or someone needs to chip him down a bit before Ursula attacks.

Weird thing, but I think it would be neat if Laslow and Peri fought alongside Xander for his GHB with suped up stats and added skills if necessary. It would be quite fitting for his retainers to be with him and because they exist since outside of F!Robin and kind of Navarre, the other GHB units don't have anyone in the game that fought alongside them or don't have retainers as far as I know.

Edited by Kaden

@Cute Chao Yeah, I had Olwen pegged to be the one they dropped down to 4-Star, but nope, it was Reinhardt instead.

I mean, giving people a better chance at getting one of the best characters in the game right now is certainly something I can get behind, I'm just surprised.

@Kaden Thanks for the info! I'll definitely promote my Ursula now! I'd been meaning to, but now I have a good reason to do so.

And yeah, I'm kinda hoping Laslow and Peri show up as enemies for Xander's Grand Hero Battle. Or maybe one of 'em will show up on the Battling Xander banner (probably Peri, since I'm betting on Ryoma getting on the banner).

Edited by ILikeKirbys

Just now, ILikeKirbys said:

@Cute Chao Yeah, I had Olwen pegged to be the one they dropped down to 4-Star, but nope, it was Reinhardt instead.

I mean, giving people a better chance at getting one of the best characters in the game right now is certainly something I can get behind, I'm just surprised.

Most definitely! 

I remember laughing when someone said that people who have paid money to get X 5* will be mad to see them down available at 3*. I've put a fair bit of money into the game (not a huge amount, but not a small amount), and I'm happier to see better characters at lower rarities since it benefits me, too ^.^

@ focus characters dropping to 3* honestly I would love it just so I can get my favs more accessibly and I will gladly pay the 22k feathers if I like them enough

I don't think Xander will be 9-5 Xander since 9-5 Xander had some inheritance-only skills, while GHB just get a huge HP boost (Xander will probably have like ~60 HP or something) and small buffs to their 5* neutral other stats, but retain normal skills. Xander's datamined to not have QR built into him.

I mean I personally wouldn't mind 9-5 Xander actually because Reinhardt still hard-counters him on PP and I have one haha

but only if it means we get Xander with QR built in for free that would be rad

Edited by Thor Odinson

18 minutes ago, komasa said:

Wonder if they'll use Horse Emblem against us

Zephial's stage was oddly merciful in not giving all the armors the ward/hone armor skills. They'll probably just use general buffs to help the others.

34 minutes ago, komasa said:

Wonder if they'll use Horse Emblem against us

You say this after they mercifully don't give the armored units Ward/goad/hone/fortify armor skills in Zeph's map. Now that you jinxed us, I don't think we have a chance XD

17 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

I don't think Xander will be 9-5 Xander since 9-5 Xander had some inheritance-only skills, while GHB just get a huge HP boost (Xander will probably have like ~60 HP or something) and small buffs to their 5* neutral other stats, but retain normal skills. Xander's datamined to not have QR built into him.

Where are his datamined stats btw?

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

You say this after they mercifully don't give the armored units Ward/goad/hone/fortify armor skills in Zeph's map. Now that you jinxed us, I don't think we have a chance XD

Where are his datamined stats btw?

44HP, 32+16 Atk, 24Spd, 37Def, 17Res
Source: http://shadowofchaos725.tumblr.com/post/159384054280/neutral-nature-xander-on-the-left-which-is-what

@ILikeKirbys, just checked for someone to one-shot Lunatic 9-5 Xander, they would need to do 66 damage. If the cleric is anywhere near him, then he gets +4 to his resistance putting him up to 23 meaning you'd have to do 70 damage. For whatever reason, when I did the strategy Iris gave me: https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/70605-quests-and-missions-discussion-thread/&do=findComment&comment=4773217, the cleric would follow Xander down towards Olivia and Ursula. Heh, it seems my curse with Ursula is that I don't notice units getting their resistance buffed; happened in 9-5 for the deathless quest and Zephiel's GHB.

9-5 Lunatic Xander in spoiler.

Spoiler

So, anyway, a 3* Ursula without any attack buffs will do 39 damage to 9-5 Xander who in turn will do 25x2 to her because of Siegfried's built-in Distant Counter and because of his Quick Riposte 3 -- she would not survive even if she had her 5*'s defense. That's 8 off. With the cleric's buff, then Ursula would do 35 damage. If a 3* Olivia is around or anyone with Hone Attack 2, then Ursula would do 45 damage, 2 off of killing him and with the cleric's buff, she'd do 41 damage. In a 3*-only run, the only way Ursula can kill Xander is if someone chips him down which is especially dangerous when he has Quick Riposte and that high of an attack stat. If not a 3*-only run, then even a 4* Gunter or anyone with Hone Cavalry cannot let Ursula kill a resistance buffed Xander. She can kill him if he doesn't have his resistance buffed since she'd be doing 69 total damage to his 19 resistance. At that point, though, the question of why Ursula isn't a 4* needs to be asked. If Xander didn't have Quick Riposte, then 3* Ursula could 2HKO at the cost of being brought down to 7 HP.

4* Ursula without any attack buffs will do 45 damage -- Death Blow 2 is really helping here. So, all you need is someone with at least Hone Attack 1 which would let Ursula do 49 damage, but only if his resistance is not buffed. If he does have his resistance buffed, then Hone Attack 3 which would allow Ursula to do 72 total damage against Xander's 23 resistance which is more than enough to kill him. Hone Attack 2 puts her off by 1 damage from killing a Xander with buffed resistance.

So, yeah, Ursula would be a powerful member for Xander's GHB, but at the same time, a very risky one because of how fragile she is to physical attacks.

Edited by Kaden

@Kaden That's great news! I'be probably got time to level Ursula into the 30s as a 4-Star before Xander drops, so Hone and Goad Cavalry should let her handle Xander.

And if that doesn't work, she can deal with someone else and Reinhardt can nuke Xander.

@Thor Odinson That Speed is disappointing, but he looks alright otherwise (I expected low RES so that's fine). Maybe I'll give him Vantage instead of Quick Riposte when I get him tho, I'll have to think about it...

2 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

@Kaden That's great news! I'be probably got time to level Ursula into the 30s as a 4-Star before Xander drops, so Hone and Goad Cavalry should let her handle Xander.

And if that doesn't work, she can deal with someone else and Reinhardt can nuke Xander.

@Thor Odinson That Speed is disappointing, but he looks alright otherwise (I expected low RES so that's fine). Maybe I'll give him Vantage instead of Quick Riposte when I get him tho, I'll have to think about it...

I mean OG Xander is also slow as fuck, took him 3 speedwings to not get doubled to hell by Lunatic Ryoma, it's pretty expected

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I'm more interested in Ryoma possibly being in the focus rather than the map and battle. I don't give a damn about Xander, I just want a Ryoma focus. xP

Ryoma was already one of the summoned characters. Grand Hero Battles are more of unlocking the legacy characters that can't be recruited by Summoning like Narcian, Female Robin, Narcian, Navarre, and Zephiel. But, I possibly think the Summoning Focus for Xander would be like Ryoma as the nation prince rivalry for Xander would make sense, Laslow and Peri since they are Xander's retainers, or/and some of the other Birthright/Conquest characters possibly be at next Grand Battle Heroes Summon Focus Banner?

Screenshot_20170425-1644351_zpsokv2zbzy.

Edited by King Marth 64

15 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Ryoma was already one of the summoned characters. Grand Hero Battles are more of unlocking the legacy characters that can't be recruited by Summoning like Narcian, Female Robin, Narcian, Navarre, and Zephiel. But, I possibly think the Summoning Focus for Xander would be like Ryoma as the nation prince rivalry for Xander would make sense, Laslow and Peri since they are Xander's retainers, or/and some of the other Birthright/Conquest characters possibly be at next Grand Battle Heroes Summon Focus Banner?

Screenshot_20170425-1644351_zpsokv2zbzy.

Um, that's what I meant. A summoning focus banner that has Ryoma...

Edited by Anacybele

24 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Laslow and Peri since they are Xander's retainers, or/and some of the other Birthright/Conquest characters possibly be at next Grand Battle Heroes Summon Focus Banner?

Not all banners have characters that are from their games..............

Michalis had Minerva Gordin Selena and Eliwood. Minerva was the only one who really had anything to do with him

Navarre had Caeda Effie Kagero and Sophia. Only Caeda had anything to do with him

So Laslow and Peri would only make sense if they actually did something to help you in the map.

Ryoma seems to be the best guess we have as of now

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Um, that's what I meant. A summoning focus banner that has Ryoma...

But that would mean the Ryoma focus would be going on at the same time as the Ike focus. Wouldn't it be hard to choose between them?

1 minute ago, Jave said:

But that would mean the Ryoma focus would be going on at the same time as the Ike focus. Wouldn't it be hard to choose between them?

Ike would be my first priority, as much as I love Ryoma. But for all I know, I'll get Ike in one or two pulls and still have plenty of orbs left. :P And I'd spend a little money to get more too.

3 minutes ago, Jave said:

No

Ike hands down

Ike has the newer skills anyway, plus there's always a chance at pulling the other new characters

"New toy syndrome"

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Ike would be my first priority, as much as I love Ryoma. But for all I know, I'll get Ike in one or two pulls and still have plenty of orbs left. :P And I'd spend a little money to get more too.

Make sure you only pull reds! This way you won't have to worry about anything else! 

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure you know this already, but figure I'd say it again to be sure :P

14 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Make sure you only pull reds! This way you won't have to worry about anything else! 

Reveal hidden contents

I'm pretty sure you know this already, but figure I'd say it again to be sure :P

Oh, of course! ;)

29 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Not all banners have characters that are from their games..............

Michalis had Minerva Gordin Selena and Eliwood. Minerva was the only one who really had anything to do with him

Navarre had Caeda Effie Kagero and Sophia. Only Caeda had anything to do with him

So Laslow and Peri would only make sense if they actually did something to help you in the map.

Ryoma seems to be the best guess we have as of now

Well, Laslow's screwed then, unless Xander brings a whole bunch of Axe Cavaliers that Axebreaker would be helpful against...

However, Peri might have a shot.
Peri has WTA over Xander, and at 5-Stars she can take 1 hit from 9-5 Lunatic Xander (assuming Lunatic Grand Hero Battle Xander = Lunatic 9-5 Xander here, since I don't have his Grand Hero Battle stats yet) even at -DEF (it'll always leave her at low HP, but she can still take it... even 4-Star Peri can probably take a hit from 9-5 Lunatic Xander), so it's likely that Peri would be able to get attacked by Xander, hit him back twice (assuming I have the math right, Peri will deal 8/11/15 damage to Xander at -/=/+ATK, so Peri would be dealing a total of 16/22/30 damage at -/=/+ATK), then on your turn Xander's DEF gets debuffed thanks to Threaten DEF, then heal Peri and have her attack and she should kill Xander (the first hit will have Glimmer proc, so Peri would deal 12/17/23 damage, then Xander attacks, then Peri doubles for 8/11/15 damage; assuming I did the math right, Peri with just her default skills will kill Xander if she doubles him twice unless she is -ATK, and won't need the second double-hit if she's +ATK, =ATK with a +3 buff on both turns or -ATK with a +6 ATK buff on both turns (in all cases, Peri kills with the Glimmer proc, again assuming I did the math right)), so I could see Peri making the banner, since she both has something to do with Xander and can handle him fairly well (plus, with her good RES, she could also deal with any mages on the map that aren't packing -wolf tomes, though she'd need to be at or very close to full HP to take on Xander).

Of course Battling Xander will probably look something like Ryoma/NotPeri/NotPeri/NotPeri, but Peri could, in theory, actually work fairly well here. I'm gonna start training up one of my 4-Star Peris for the Xander battle now.

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I'm more interested in Ryoma possibly being in the focus rather than the map and battle. I don't give a damn about Xander, I just want a Ryoma focus. xP

All your orbs will be on Ike though...

Corrin (F) could also be a distinct possibility for Xander's banner. After all, she is a blue unit that targets Xander's weaker defensive stat in Resistance and at 5 stars (provided that she isn't -Speed) can double 9-5 Xander or if she is +Speed as a 4 star. If anyone from Fates is on Xander's banner, I'd say that Corrin (F) has just as good a chance of being on it as Ryoma, Laslow and Peri if not more so. However, considering Zephiel's banner didn't even have a single Elibe character on it, there really is no telling what they will decide to go with. Who knows, they might end up putting Ninian on the banner instead.

5 hours ago, ILikeKirbys said:

You could just give her Blarblade from Odin -- Ursula's one of the best users of Blarblade because of cavalry buffs. With Fortify and Hone Cavalry, you're looking at +24 damage added after Ursula's Death Blow 2 (+4 attack) and +6 attack from Hone Cavalry. If I did the math right, then Ursula would be able to do 82 damage.

26 base attack + 9 Blarblade + 4 Death Blow + 6 Fortify Cavalry + 4 Goad Cavalry = 49 damage.

49 + (49 x 0.2) + 24 (Fortify and Hone Cavalry; Goad Cavalry does not count as it's a Spur buff) = 82 damage.

Blarwolf would also do 82 damage with Fortify and Goad Cavalry, but only to red cavalry units. Against non-cavalry red units, you're looking at 55 damage which is still pretty respectable.

We've yet to have a Lunatic GHB or enemy unit with 82 HP. The highest so far is Zephiel with 78 HP. Let's use it as the worst case scenario. If Xander had 78 HP, he'd need 5 resistance to survive. No playable unit has that low of a resistance unless they're low leveled -- Bartre, Ogma, and Virion with -Res still have 10 Res as 5* units and as 3* units they will have 8 Res if -Res -- and Xander's normal resistance is supposedly 17. Let's say his resistance was 19 for the Lunatic difficulty. He'd need 64 HP to survive. That is pretty reasonable and if there are any cavaliers on the map and they have either Fortify and/or Ward Cavalry, then yeah, don't try to one-shot Xander with Ursula, especially if he has Quick Riposte.

I think 5* Reinhardt will have an easier time because of Dire Thunder. A -Atk 5* Reinhardt can do 33x2 with just Fortify Cavalry against a Xander with 19 resistance. That's 2 over the minimum to kill him if Xander has 64 HP. People run Death Blow on Reinhardt like other Brave weapon users and on a cavalry team, so it's probably easier to just cheese Xander with him than with Ursula.

Edited by Kaden