Next Grand hero Battle: Xander

Michelaar

Update.... I did it. Finally.

The change I made was throwing in my 5* Fae to substitute for Cordelia (just because I wanted the tankiest thing I could find that also did good damage) and my 5* Julia (who isn't even level 40 yet) with Darting Blow for Nino. Fae was definitely the clincher, since she managed to both kill the lance and tank a hit from Xander in a single turn which left her with 11 HP, which let me finish him off with Julia. Holy shit, Fae is a beast. And at weapon triangle disadvantage, no less!

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice, though. I appreciate it. :lol:

Edited by Extrasolar

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Extrasolar said:

Update.... I did it. Finally.

The change I made was throwing in my 5* Fae to substitute for Cordelia (just because I wanted the tankiest thing I could find that also did good damage) and my 5* Julia (who isn't even level 40 yet) with Darting Blow for Nino. Fae was definitely the clincher, since she managed to both kill the lance and tank a hit from Xander in a single turn which left her with 11 HP, which let me finish him off with Julia. Holy shit, Fae is a beast. And at weapon triangle disadvantage, no less!

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice, though. I appreciate it. :lol:

Congratulations~!

@Thor Odinson I can't video off of my phone, so have a pic instead:

Spoiler

PbEwkca.jpg

For this run to work, Ryoma needed the following:

- Atk +1 seal
- Hone Atk (Azura)
- Vantage 3
- Swap

Ryoma was danced into range of the sword guy, while everyone else hung out in back.  On EP, sword guy attacks Ryoma, and green cav dies before getting his shot off.  On my next turn, Ryoma activates Night Sky, which kills the sword guy.  Azura steps between him and the lance guy and dances him, which allows him to murder the staffbot.  Sakura moves just below Azura and takes a potshot at the lance guy (this is important), and Corrin walls the lance guy in.  On EP, lance guy and Azura trade blows.  On my next turn, Sakura smacks the lance guy again, and Azura dances her. Corrin barely survives the Ignis blow, thanks to Fear/being a goddamn blue dragon tank.  Sakura heals Corrin.  On EP, lance guy and Azura trade blows again, while Ryoma walks towards the action.  On my turn, Sakura smacks the lance guy one more time, and Corrin gets the kill.  Azura hits Xander twice, and takes zero damage.  Ryoma swaps with Azura.

Final enemy phase: Ryoma gets first hit thanks to Vantage.  Xander does 20 damage, which isn't enough to kill Ryoma.  Ryoma's second attack ends the map.

Overall, that was a fun challenge. Sakura for MVP, despite Ryoma getting all the kills.

9 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

@eclipse
Nice! Definitely sounds like Sakura put in all the work, haha

I did not realize how much I needed Sakura until I saw how much damage an Ignis-powered lance guy did to Corrin.  Even with Fear, that was 22 damage.

Regardless, Hoshido went up against Nohr, and came out victorious.  Theme complete~!

Just now, eclipse said:

I did not realize how much I needed Sakura until I saw how much damage an Ignis-powered lance guy did to Corrin.  Even with Fear, that was 22 damage.

Regardless, Hoshido went up against Nohr, and came out victorious.  Theme complete~!

I should actually do one with Ryo/Takumi/Hinoka instead of my usual team. Olivia can be an honorary Hoshidan? lol

There's a video I found on gamefaqs where the player beat Xander using all of the Hoshidan siblings. I'll post it here.

^ it was cool when you showed it to me and it's still cool now. I wonder if I can pull off Ryoma beats Xander with that, but unfortunately I have no Sakura to say for sure. Alas.

@eclipse I redid mine so it's Ryo/Takumi/Hinoka + Olivia who can be subbed in for Azura (inherit Hone Atk) if I had her, and actually didn't waste that desperation I put on Ryo! Vantage Takumi last minute save right there.

I wonder if anyone did a Nohrian Sibs vs Xander feat mirror match. that would be funny.

Edit: didn't video this but did a simulated run (with SI) where I subbed Elise for Prissy and Camilla for Minerva since they'd function similarly as far as this map is concerned, and I don't have Elise/either Camillas. Leo gets buff from both xander(fortify) and prissy (hone) and goes to attack red dude. Unfortunately he wasn't able to oneshot, i don't remember if raudrblade+ would've secured it for him, but anyway he lived both the green cav and sword dude with 5 hp thanks to cav buffs. CamMinerva takes out lance dude, and xander positions himself. Leo retreats to get heals and a buff. 

Next turn Red dude hits xander and so does other xander but being xander he is totally ok with that. Leo kills red dude, Minerva baits healer over and kills it, and prissy keeps on healing xander until xander kills xander. \o/

Edited by Thor Odinson

1 hour ago, Thor Odinson said:

I wonder if anyone did a Nohrian Sibs vs Xander feat mirror match. that would be funny.

I'd have to power-level Xander, but I think it's possible!  My team would be Xander, Spring Camilla, Leo, and Azura (she totally counts).  Or maybe swap M!Corrin for Xander, since F!Corrin went with Hoshido.

Kind of makes me wonder if they'd ever do a game mode where you get given a rental team to beat some challenge- like being given rental Hoshidans to beat Xander. I'd imagine finding a good reward might be tricky, but it could be interesting.

17 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Kind of makes me wonder if they'd ever do a game mode where you get given a rental team to beat some challenge- like being given rental Hoshidans to beat Xander. I'd imagine finding a good reward might be tricky, but it could be interesting.

I kinda like this idea, like the Fates DLC. Maybe they could make that the way Sacred Seals are distributed instead of those boring missions.

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I kinda like this idea, like the Fates DLC. Maybe they could make that the way Sacred Seals are distributed instead of those boring missions.

You know, giving it a second thought, it seems like an interesting way to encourage pulling- "Here's an overpowered team. Want to use it yourself? Buy some orbs and give it a shot!"

Sort of like the Voting Gauntlet, but more controllable by IS.

17 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

The problem with rental teams is the fact that once one person has completed it and uploaded their video to a video hosting site, everyone has completed it.

This would only work if the opponent could be randomized in some way.

20 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The problem with rental teams is the fact that once one person has completed it and uploaded their video to a video hosting site, everyone has completed it.

This would only work if the opponent could be randomized in some way.

It doesn't really matter imo. Those "kill 5 people" missions are so low effort, so might as well find a fun way to hand out rewards.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

@Thor Odinson Nohr run complete.  Unlike Hoshido, I needed skill inheritance.  Team was Spring Camilla, M!Corrin, Azura (hey, she's a traitor), and Leo.

M!Corrin received the following skills:

- Spur Atk 3
- Swap

Turn 1 (after positioning everyone): Spur Atk was necessary for Camilla to ORKO the lance guy - otherwise, she's 5 HP short (this is with the Atk seal).  Corrin swapped with Camilla, so that Xander wouldn't OHKO her.  Azura and Leo moved up.  On EP, the cleric tickled Corrin, and the green cavalier rushed towards Camilla, which meant that Xander couldn't hit Corrin.

Turn 2: Corrin obliterates the green cavalier.  Azura steps between Corrin and the sword mook and dances for him.  Leo smacks the sword guy. Corrin swaps with Azura.  On EP, the cleric warps to the sword guy to heal him, while Azura easily takes the attack from Xander.

Turn 3: Leo finishes off the sword guy, Azura kills Xander, and Corrin smacks the healer. On EP, the healer makes one last desperate attempt to murder Corrin.  It fails horribly.

Turn 4: Azura ends the map.

• 9 months later...

Cleared Xander Infernal on first try along with the Armor Emblem quest! 2 4* copies of Xander are mine!

Units used:
+2 +Atk/-HP LA Lyn: +Def Blarowl+, Swap, Iceberg, Close Counter, Quick Riposte 3 seal
+1 5* Black Knight: Swap, Steady Breath, Quick Riposte 2, Hone Armor, Fortify Res 1
+Spd/-Def ToD Henry: Gronnraven+, Swap, Glacies, Triangle Adept 3
+Res/-Atk WE Tharja: +Def Candelabra+, Swap, Glacies, Hone Armor, Spur Def 1

After bashing my head against the wall for quite some time, I was able to beat Xander using a team of Celica, PA!Azura, Soren, and Oboro. I needed to give Oboro hone attack 3 for Celica to kill the red sword without Azura's boosts, and she had to take the distant defense seal so she wouldn't get killed by the green mages later on in the map. Soren was +spd and took darting blow 3, so he could double the blue mage. Azura killed the green cavalier, and Oboro used swap so she could take her place and tank Xander. Pretty fun stuff.

This is how I did it with all 4 movement types.

Spoiler

Infantry: Genny, Bridelia, Azura, and PAzura. Genny with Dazzling Wrath Gravity+ and Savage Blow 4 chipped the enemy down completely while Bridelia took care of said weakened enemy, the two dancers keeping the two in action as need be. Genny did take a hit from the Green Mage Cav, but it wasn't a serious hit so it all ended well.

Armor: WE!Tharja, Black Knight, WE!Robin, and Vhector. Tharja actually went in range of the Sword Fighter, Green Mages, and Xander and tanked everything, even killing off the first 3 and leaving Xander completely weakened (she triggered Iceberg on all of them at least once). Black Knight provided Ward Armor support while Robin and Vhector took care of the weakened Xander and remaining resistance.

Cavalry: Cain, Frederick, Reinhardt, and Xander. Xander had to tank the two Green Mages and the Sword Fighter, but he weakened the Sword with Quick Riposte 3 and finished off the mage infantry with Vantage Bonfire, and the Mage cav was weak enough that one Vantage counterattack was enough to finish him off. It took a little figuring out how to kill Xander and the two Infantry, but eventually Freddy and Rein finished them all off.

Flier: ToD!Nowi, Catria, Airzura, and Beruka. Nowi decimated the Sword Fighter and tanked the green mages, but I had to figure out how to keep her away from the rest of the enemy since she wouldn't take a hit from any of them. Solution, Beruka and Catria were thrown at the other 3.

This was a lot less painful then I thought it'd be, considering how they completely revamped Xander for the sake of not taking magic damage, and in the end he was done in by Reinhardt anyways because whoops Firesweep Sword.

But man, Cain and Vhector are really showing their power in these daily GHBs... I really underestimated the power of Firesweep on a Cavalry and absolute raw power on a DC armor.

Edited by Xenomata

This one was a pain in the ass for me. 

I cleared it with the following teams

• Cavalry: Eirikalter, Sigurd, Reinhardt, B!Lyn. Goads and Wards are better for this map so I used that on Eirikalter and Reinhardt while B!Lyn and Sigurd used their vanilla skillset to debuff enemies.
  • Infantry: Eirika, Fjorm, Tailtiu, PA!Olivia. Classic bait and kill strategy. 
  • Flier: S!Corrin, Elincia, Hinoka, Airzura. This took like 10 pots and banging my head but it worked somehow.
  • Armor: LA!Eliwood, Hector, LA!Lyn, Black Knight. Black Knight killed the mages and tanked the red sword, then it was a full retreat with Lyn killing the lancer and Eliwood tanking Xander and the sword guy.
Edited by Alexmender

Cleared Cavalry and Infantry Emblem quests. Cavalry Emblem quest took a few tries due to positioning difficulty and the fact that Xander is trying really hard not to get ORKO'd by The Reinhardt (+10 +Atk Hone Cavalry buffed Reinhardt fails to ORKO him).

Infantry units used:
Fjorm
+3 +Atk/-Def PA Azura (Atk Ploy 3 seal)
+2 Bride Cordelia (Brave Bow+, Reposition, Luna, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Atk 3, Atk +3)
5*+1 +Spd/-HP Olivia (Ruby Sword+, Aether, Distant Counter, Hone Spd 1)

Cavalry units used:
+4 +Spd/-Def Brave Lyn (S-rank summoner support, Firesweep Bow+, Reposition, Life and Death 3, Hone Cavalry, Atk Smoke 1)
5* +Atk/-Def Cecilia (Draw Back, Draconic Aura, Triangle Adept 3, Fortify Cavalry)
5*+3 Xander (S-rank ally support with Reinhardt, Swap, Ignis, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Hone Cavalry, Distant Defense 3)
5*+10 +Atk/-Spd Reinhardt (S-rank ally support with Xander, Reposition, Moonbow, Death Blow 3, Lancebreaker 3, Hone Cavalry, Heavy Blade 3)