Next Grand hero Battle: Xander

Michelaar

Cleared Infantry quest with Ike, Shiro, Axura and Katarina (blade)

Ike actually didn't do much, just Repositioned Axura out of the way in Turn 1- which was basically katarina deleting right swordie, then deleting one green mage. Other green mage kills itsef since ony Katarina is in range now (after Ike Repositioning Axura out of the way).

Lancer moves to the choke point on the left, with Xander next to him. Axura deletes lancer, and Shiro moves in place to block the chokepoint, facetanking Xander with ease. Ike also uses Threaten Speed but that probably didn't really add to anything. Katarina finishes off Xander after Axura's Sing. Then it was just up to Shiro to finish off the healer.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+0 H! Nowi will be the easy mode push without investing much for flier team. Unfortunately, I don't have her. I think I'llĀ  wait for her to appear again in Legendary banner. I don't want to invest anything expensive than 20k feather or exclusive skill like DC to clear this quest now. We have a whole year so I don't mind to claim that 2 orbs later. I cleared all quest except fliers.

All right! It's about time Xander reappeared!Ā 

Infantry:Ā Sanaki, M. Robin, Olivia, and Nino - I decided to revisit my old strategy on the 6th page of the topic. I basically did the same thing, except I slapped QR on Sanaki for her S skill. She needed Swordbreaker and a dance to finish off the swordie on the right. All the mages suicided on her. Nino got the lance on the left. Robin (withĀ a dance) finished off Xander, and the healer wasn't a threat.Ā 

Cavalry: Ursula, Olwen, Xander, and Titania - Xander was key he was running Fury, Vantage, and QR seal. With a Fortify and Hone buff, he could tank a hit from the swordie, and Vantage kill the green mages. Blade!Ursula sucks up both buffs, and she can take out Xander...though now that I think about it, she might be fine with just her base tome. Olwen is there to take out the swordie because he has Ignis ready to fire off. Titania can wall the blue lance, and the healer isn't much of a threat even if WoM is annoying.

Fliers: Caeda, Summer Corrin, Flying Azura, Cordelia - This was a lot harder. Caeda needed Close Defense to tank a blow from Xander because she wasn't quite strong enough to finish him off. But I said it once, and I'll say it again, Wing Sword is amazing. Summer Corrin's -blade build was also pretty important... With full buffs, she could take out the swordie and tank a hit from the green mage, activating desperation.Ā 

Armors: At a loss right now. I've tried a few different strategies and none of them seem to work. Don't have any armor mages at the moment, so that's not an option. I've gotten pretty close a few times, but no dice.Ā 

Okay, this is kind of funny. I decided to give flier emblem a try with what I've got. And the only thing that kept me from clearing it on the first try is that the swordsman dealt the exact damage needed to Cherche to 1RKO her.

Went back and gave her one of my HP+3 seals, and then repeated the same strategy. Don't know how, but I cleared it. Hooray? Real hero of this flier emblem is Caeda, whose wing spear is OP. But everyone else helped out, too. Hinoka for tanking Xander (and the healer) with her face, Cherche for tanking a sword that doubled her, and Azura for being a singer.

Took me 3 Stamina Potions just to do Infernal with a Horse Emblem team good god. And I did it with Sigurd, Camus, B!Lyn, and Xander because that was the best I had. Infantry took me 2 seconds, while armor emblem took me 5 tries or so. I'm not even going to try with Flier-Emblem because my only good Flier isĀ my Cherche.

This is so frustrating. I can't fucking beat it because something about the position always gets thrown off and ruins it.

I hate that they only gave us a day to figure this out and then it's bye bye forever (1+ year at least). I know I can clear it eventually, but I just don't have the time for it today. This is a really shitty move from Intsys disguised as a "special event".

Did the Armor Quest with BK/Hector/C!Robin/H!Jakob (this one did literally nothing) and the Infantry Quest with Celica (double DD, G Tome Breaker, Threaten Res), Mae (Darting Blow, Desperation, Threaten Res), Joshua (Def Ploy) and Wrys. I can't do the other too, I've no place to bait with horses (would need a red horse with very high res and HP/def to survive Xander and/or the Gronnwolf cavalier) or with fliers (same problem here)

Ā 

@Nanima, it's not gone for a year, it comes every week during a year! That's why they give you 365 days to complete the quests instead of 24 hours

Edited by Javi Blizz

Okay so I did actually beat it now. That was quite the ride...

I used my Brave Bow Takumi, Brave Ike, Tailtiu and a 4* Olivia. Had to adjust a few things because Tailtiu or B!Ike needed to tank the green mage, but I solved that with seals.

First turn: Bringing everyone in position around Olivia, who is three steps below the dividing wall.

Second turn: Tailtiu deletes the red sword and then dance+repositions out of there with Olivia.

Third turn, Takumi takes out the green mage cav, B!Ike repositions him out, Oliva dances for B!Ike, he attacks the blue lance, Tailtiu finishes it off from behind B!Ike.
During enemy phase Tailtiu tanked the green mage and Olivia tanked Xander.Ā 

Fourth turn: Takumi attacks Xander, Tailtiu finishes him off, Olivia dances for Takumi who proceeds to kill the green mage, B!Ike attacks the healer and keeps it walled off from the rest of the team.

Fifth turn: B!Ike finishes off the healer. Victory.

@Javi Blizz I see then. My bad. I thought we only had this one chance to clear it before it goes back into obscurity. That's a much better deal indeed!

Edited by Nanima

I DID IT. All right. For those who are like me and don't have any armor mages, here's a nice video on how to beat infernal with just melee armors:

Spoiler

Ā 

Naturally, I had to change my approach which took a little work around. Here's my set-up:

5* Black Knight - Alondite, Pivot, Black Luna, Steady Stance 3, Vantage 3, Ward Armor, SPD+3
4* Effie [+8} (+ATK -RES) - Brave Lance, Pivot, Bonfire, Death Blow 3, Wary Fighter 3, Ward Armor, Spur ATK 2
5* Hector (+DEF -RES) - Armads, Swap, Bonfire, DC, Vantage 3, Goad Armor, ATK+3
5* Amelia [+1] (+SPD -RES) - Slaying Axe+, Pivot, Moonbow, Fury 3, Desperation 3, Armor March 3, Drive DEF 2

I believe the Hector in the video was +ATK. Mine needed the extra ATK seal plus Spur ATK 2 to do enough damage to trigger the healer. If he doesn't do enough damage, the mage comes in and finishes him off. My Effie also didn't have enough ATK so that's why she got a lot of spare merges...Ā She needs at least 50 ATK, Bonfire, and the Hector support to finish off Xander on that counter. BecauseĀ  I had Armor March, I finished up things differently. Amelia could kill the mage. BK could kill the healer (on player phase) and Effie could pivot up to be a meat shield and then finish off the remaining swordie.Ā 

So yeah... I hope this helps someone!

Ā 

My infantry team is Nowi.

Cavalry is Elise, Xander, Cain, Frederick.Ā  Repositioned Frederick to go take out the lance without getting in the range of Xander or the mages.

Flier is Witch Nowi, Myrrh, Valter, Summer Corrin.Ā  Witch Nowi took the right side with flier buffs, TA and Green Tomebreaker for the mages, and Quickened Pulse Moonbow for the sword.Ā  The rest cleaned up what was left.Ā 

Armor is Hector, Henry, Effie, Black Knight.Ā  Black Knight had TA2, Hone Armor, and Goad Armor to beat the green mages while using Escape Route to retreat from the Ignis charged sword. Henry took the lance, Effie took the swords (with 1HP to spare after eating Ignis), and Hector took the healer.Ā  This was the hardest, I blew 3 stamina potions trying various skills before I thought of Escape Route, I was trying to get Black Knight to take everything on the right like Witch Nowi, but it wasn't happening.Ā 

Edited by Nowi's Husband

Wowza, those Infernal Xander quests were tough... :wacko:Ā  The previous two days of GHB Elite quests were a breeze, but this one had me totallyĀ stumped for a while.Ā  I had to use a few potions to figure it out.Ā  Flier Emblem was done on my first try, but Infantry, Cavalry, and Armour were toughies for me.

Edited by Infinite Dreams

15 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Wowza, those Infernal Xander quests were tough... :wacko:Ā  The previous two days of GHB Elite quests were a breeze, but this one had me totallyĀ stumped for a while.Ā  I had to use a few potions to figure it out.Ā  Flier Emblem was done on my first try, but Infantry, Cavalry, and Armour were toughies for me.

Flier was the issue for me, having a unit that could take down the green mages in enemy phase made the other quests range from easy to a decent challenge.Ā 

This was really fun though, burned a couple of stamina potions, burned some fodder (moment of silence for Henry please), and had to think about this for a bit.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

Xander Infernal vs Askrtrio & Fjorm

Skill Inheritance and Seals:

Alfonse: Reposition, Sword Breaker 3 ,Seal: Distand Def 3

Anna: Seal: Spd +3

Fjorm: Swap, Seal: Quick Riposte 3

Sharena: Remove: Fortify Def 3, Seal: Close Def 3

Ally support: Anna & Sharena S
Alfonse & Fjorm C

Everything else is their Vanilla Skill set

Enjoy!

Ā 

7 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Did all 4 infernal quests. From easiest to hardest it was Infantry, Armour, Flier, Cavalry. Screw that wolftome cavalier.

Pretty much the same ranking of difficulty for me. The narrow corridors really worked against the high mobility unit types like cavalry and fliers.

Edited by silveraura25

Flier wasn't too tough for me thanks to Caeda's Wing Sword and the Lolicopter Blade taking out the right side. Cavalry is looking kinda dim though. Oh well I don't actually want a bunch of Xander copies blocking up my Barracks yet. And I don't absolutely need the orbs right now so saving them for later could handy.

@LordFrigid That Caeda is a thing of beauty!

Edited by Usana

Did all the quests except for Infantry.Ā  My usual team of Bridelia, Eirika, Nino, Axzura isn't cutting it with that Panic Ploy.Ā  I'll give it another shot a bit later.Ā  I already used a couple Stamina Potions to do all the new maps.

I put so much effort into beating the flier quests, easily 3-4 stamina potions burnt doing this, but eventually I managed to win with a team of Valter, Minerva, Myrrh and 4*Palla. I re positioned myrrh so she could slap the lance and staff and to my surprise Valter could tank the green mages individuallyĀ and completely no-show Xander and the red sword so I got him to bait Xander and the horse mage, killed Xander and cut off the red sword, reciprocal aided him back to full and had minerva kill the other horse green mage. He kills the sword, minerva chases the other mage and its GG

Fliers was easy for my usual double-blade team of Elincia, Corrin, Azura, and Spring Camilla.

Cavalry took some figuring out. I ended up going with Eirika, Clive, Oscar, and Titania. Hardest part was stacking enough buffs on Eirika for her to kill the sword fighter on the right with Gleipnir and then survive the two green mages with its Res boost plus Distant Def. Past that, it was simple enough.

Infantry was trickier than the others, as usual, but not too bad. I went with Katarina, Fjorm, Performer Azura, and Genny. Worked out pretty similar to cavalry, actually: Katarina killed the sword fighter (with help from Azura), then fought off the green mages with the help of Distant Def. She didn't have to worry about extra damage from Gronnwolf, but also couldn't kill the green tome cavalier as fast. Fjorm also ended up having to take a Gronnwolf hit while standing in the middle to block Xander, but fortunately Xander couldn't do any damage to her.

Haven't done armors yet because I've been prioritizing the orb quests, but I don't expect much trouble. Tharja will probably have a good time.

That was something alright. Managed it with fliers after several attempts, then spent the remaining stamina failing miserably with cavalry. Haven't tried with infantry, and no interest in bothering with armour because I don't need more units pointlessly clogging up my barracks.

Flier team was Elincia, Cordelia, Summer Corrin, Airzura.

1) Reposition Elincia up so she could move over and kill the sword infantry. Rest of the team stays safe with Airzura honing both the other units out of Panic Ploy range.

2) Horse mage hits Elincia who barely survives. She needs Hit and Run to kill the mage while being able to get back out of range of the other mage. Meanwhile Cordelia takes out Xander, Corrin takes out the lance infantry, Airzura dances Cordelia (also Hit and Run) so she can get away from the infantry mage.

3) At this point only Corrin and Airzura are in range of the mage, who cannot kill either. Next turn is a simple mop-up of the mage and healer.

Ā 

I think I'll give up on Cavalry for now. I see it mentioned above that it might need Vantage Xander to clear up the Gronnwolf mage, and it's probable that I'd need other SI too to get it down, and I'm not prepared to do that as this stage for the sake of two orbs that will be available all year. For infantry I'll probably try each of my red mages (I have all of the ones who matter) down the right and try to do something similar to my flier strategy in the middle (i.e. dancer, a nuke for the Lancer, a nuke for Xander)

EDIT: Heh, I typed this up then forgot to post it for a while. In the meantime, buoyed by the success of my flier strategy I went ahead and tried infantry with the 20 stamina I had regenned naturally. It didn't go as planned, but somehow I pulled out the win first try by improvisation.

Team is Sanaki (Swordbreaker 1), 4*+10 Ruby+ Olivia, standard Blade-build Tailtiu and Nino.

1) Sanaki is 1 damage short of killing the Sword infantry, and I'm forced to dance her to get the kill, Tailtiu has to draw her Olivia back, and consequently Nino ends up out of position and starts the next turn with no buffs.

2) Double fail in that Nino is 1 damage short of killing the lancer and buffed Tailtiu (Atk+Spd hones) can't ORKO Xander. Instead Tailtiu kills the Lancer, and Olivia is fortuitously in perfect position to step up and kill the horse mage and block Xander. Sanaki merely finishes off the infantry mage that attacked her.

3) Xander takes enough chip damage from Olivia for Tailtiu to kill him. Sanaki continues a slow duel with the healer who had WoMed over to the right. Nino steps in to finish, her only contribution to this map, so it could have been anyone really.

Funnily it's only now I notice my Nino isn't even fully built. I foddered away my original +atk one to Cecilia when I got a +spd Nino half a year ago but never finished building the new one - she's got her default Res+3 A-skill and no Special. Tailtiu I'd only just levelled this past week and has Atk/Res+1 (yeah the middle one) in the A slot. Sanaki is all default skills except that Swordbreaker 1, again no special.

Ironically it's possible that if I had set up my team correctly and not missed those ORKOs, I might have ended up losing the map.

Edited by Humanoid