Michelaar

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Hilda said:

Xander Infernal with no skill inheritance. Wrys can be actually 4 Star

Cool, you really make reruns of all Infernal maps, don't you? I need to catch up, Arvis has to wait until tomorrow. 

Xander doing zero damage with his first attack was fun, and later Sharena surviving with 1HP was pretty close. Zero SI is extra difficult, Congratulations! 

• 2 months later...

My own clear boiled down to "stack a bunch of passive bonuses (Drive Atk 2, Drive Def 2, Close Def 3 and Close Guard 2) onto A!Tiki and watch her murder most of the map". Nino needed to kill the blue lancer and Veronica needed to weaken Xander. Nowi was there too, though not really for damage: she body blocked Xander without attacking to cause all his buddies to uselessly jam up behind him.

F!Grima continues to prove her 3 merges and Summoner Support were the right choice. She managed to kill Xander and the Green Cav with 1 HP left, having to dodge buffs until their Panic Ploying asses were gone. She then resumed horridly, bloodily murdering everything as usual (except for the Sword Fighter, who was distracted by Groom Marth).

I was actually dreading this map on Abyssal because I hated Xander's Panic Ploy on Infernal and remembered that the Green Cavalier started beside him for buffing reasons, just begging to get a Panic Ploy seal himself to hit both lanes of my spawn. Lo and behold, that's exactly what happened. Thank god F!Grima is a (literal) boss.

Edited by Some Jerk

9 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Those sneaky suckers gave the Green Tome Cav Panic Ploy, forcing me to be a little more offensive this time ‘round.

Ridersbane, I should keep some Mathildas for that. I'm using her too often for Hone ATK and cancel affinity.  Smart approach to kill those Panic Ployers first. 

I was busy today, didn't even play more than the bonus rounds in TTs. We'll meet next week Xander. 

Took some work to use blade tomes in spite of Panic Ploy, but I was able to pull it off. Tana killed the sword fighter on the first turn, then counter-killed the two green tome enemies on the enemy phase. Corrin hid in the lower left corner, allowing her to preserve her stat boosts and use them to take out the lance fighter and Xander on the second turn. Then I just had to kill the priest safely.

This was probably the hardest of the Abyssal maps, but once again flier emblem prevails. Interestingly enough I actually had to weaken Camilla by swapping out Elinica's fortify fliers with just a fortify resistance to make sure she took enough damage from Xander to get into WoM range (and that's with life and death 3 on her). This map might be the first time I was regretting F!Grima's -spd, but fortunately the drive speed seal exists. Once I got Xander dead and F!Grima positioned to tank the ensuing enemy phase it wasn't bad though.

Last time, in infernal, Arvis did almost solo Xander's GHB.

This time, i needed some backup, and used Lunge as an important skill (also Lewyn surviving with 1 hp)

Knew how to clear this GHB last week, but then... I kinda forgot to do it.

Anyways, the solution required WE!Tharja [+HP -Spd], Brector [+Def -Spd], Vector [+Atk -Res], and BraVeronica [neutral]. They all had basically their base kits, though Tharja had Glacies, Pivot, and Armor March plus Close Def seal, Lector had Ward Armor and Swap plus Distant Def seal, Vector had Ward Armor and Pivot plus Atk Smoke 1 seal, and Veronica had Brazen Atk/Spd and the Drive Atk Seal.

Basically, Tharja had to tank Xander and the G Mage Cav with the help of the Ward Bros before letting Brector kil Xander and Vector killing the G Mage Cav. Veronica supported everyone with her AoE buffs, and on EP Tharja killed the Sword Inf and G Mage, leaving just the Lance Inf and Cleric. After offing the Lance, it was basically a poking match between Veronica and the Cleric.

Abyssal Xander in one turn: 

Not too different from my Infernal clear, but I had to change some things: Roy needed Summoner Support (grind ... *sigh*) and +3 SPD seal/season bonus from Legendary Lucina to quad-kill the Sword Fighter. Cordelia had to kill Xander this time, but wasn't able to kill also the Lance Fighter on EP, so Cherche came into play. 

Missing only Ursula now. 

@Zeo @mcsilas @LordFrigid

So, I was really scared of this GHB because I remembered it being super hard for me on infernal. I tried to use PM1's strategy, but because I didn't have swordbreaker on Reinhardt and my Olwen wasn't fast enough to double the red sword in the beginning, that failed incredibly hard.

Then I actually tried doing it myself by using my head. Kept legendary Ike with green tomebreaker and swap as per PM1's solution, blue Reinhardt, normal Azura, and normal Olivia. Tried doing it with the green Azura, but I switched to the blue one because I needed someone to wall off Xander for a turn. Thankfully, that did the trick. Ike baited out Xander by standing in the edge of his range, prompting the green mage cavalier to kill itself on him. Cleaned up some things on the next turn, like the blue lance fighter, then shuffled my team so that Xander could only reach Azura. She put a dent in him, Reinhardt finished him off, and Ike took out the green mage. Stuff like that.

Apparently I should think more often.

So I beat Xander. Galeforce Lon'Qu is already showing his worth. Used Matthew, Lon'Qu, Reinhardt and Axzura. Azura needed the speed seal to tank a hit from the green infantry mage and Rein needed swordbreaker to one shot Xander and the swordsman, no new SI used though. Also I'm noticing for the Abyssal maps Matt is less of a death machine and more of how he'd probably used for the Average player: an all purpose wall.

I did this with 15 minutes left before the map's expiration, so no recording. I'll get around to that in a week or so when he comes back.

Edited by Zeo

17 hours ago, Zeo said:

So I beat Xander. Galeforce Lon'Qu is already showing his worth. Used Matthew, Lon'Qu, Reinhardt and Axzura. Azura needed the speed seal to tank a hit from the green infantry mage and Rein needed swordbreaker to one shot Xander and the swordsman, no new SI used though. Also I'm noticing for the Abyssal maps Matt is less of a death machine and more of how he'd probably used for the Average player: an all purpose wall.

I did this with 15 minutes left before the map's expiration, so no recording. I'll get around to that in a week or so when he comes back.

I can't wait to see it! :)

First abyssal clear that I got on my first try. Even with abyssal stat inflation on Xander’s goons—maxed out tiki with the stanadard steady breath / quick reposte / Aether build still cheeses this map super hard.

Edited by Shoblongoo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Played a little bit around with my newest units. Gharnef is surprisingly useful with his high bulk and he loves the buffs Laevatein gives him. 

Only SI was Reposition on Hrid (Summoner S was not necessary, don't kill him @daisy jane ;- )). Gharnef needed Close Defense seal to survive all three attacks on turn 1.

Triple chill was helpful, -ATK on Hrid and Ylgr were no problem. For Abyssal they'd need more tweaks (didn't try). 

@Nanima @Hilda @Zeo @mcsilas

11 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Played a little bit around with my newest units. Gharnef is surprisingly useful with his high bulk and he loves the buffs Laevatein gives him. 

Only SI was Reposition on Hrid (Summoner S was not necessary, don't kill him @daisy jane ;- )). Gharnef needed Close Defense seal to survive all three attacks on turn 1.

Triple chill was helpful, -ATK on Hrid and Ylgr were no problem. For Abyssal they'd need more tweaks (didn't try). 

@Nanima @Hilda @Zeo @mcsilas

that was a v. nice clear :) good job! 

annnd. lol yah. Hrid is doomed for the slaughter. he has one week to live and then it's off to SI land.