Next Grand hero Battle: Xander

Michelaar

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh from how the next several GHBs are shaping up, they could honestly just put Reinhardt on every Battling banner and be done with it (not that I expect them to lmao) since he outright OHKOS every red unit in the game (and most blues and colorless too). 

8 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Tbh from how the next several GHBs are shaping up, they could honestly just put Reinhardt on every Battling banner and be done with it (not that I expect them to lmao) since he outright OHKOS every red unit in the game (and most blues and colorless too). 

They should put in Olwen instead so she'll have her chance to shine. :p

Dear lord, Olwen's stat spread looks bad and she has Dire Thunder with... 26 neutral attack. Really? Couldn't she have at least 2 more points to her base attack? 28 would be fine. Just deduct some points from her defense and resistance.

Oh, yeah, Lloyd's up next after Xander. RIP Lloyd, another victim of Reinhardt.

Edited by Kaden

Just now, Kaden said:

They should put in Olwen instead so she'll have her chance to shine. :p

Dear lord, Olwen's stat spread looks stupidly bad.

Oh, yeah, Lloyd's up next after Xander. RIP Lloyd, another victim of Reinhardt.

It's extremely niche, but Olwen can actually be salvaged on a cavalry team with a quad Life and Death/Desperation set similar to what Setsuna runs.

With a Hone Cavalry boost, a +Atk Olwen with this setup actually has a ridiculous matchup spread (nearly the exact same as 5* Blárblade Ursula with Life and Death and a Hone Cavalry boost, to give you an idea of how powerful this is) and even more wins than a +Atk Death Blow Reinhardt with Hone Cavalry. 

So although Reinhardt is a better standalone unit, Olwen with the right set and a cavalry team is actually better than Reinhardt and comparable to Blárblade Ursula. 

17 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I think 5* Reinhardt will have an easier time because of Dire Thunder. A -Atk 5* Reinhardt can do 33x2 with just Fortify Cavalry against a Xander with 19 resistance. That's 2 over the minimum to kill him if Xander has 64 HP. People run Death Blow on Reinhardt like other Brave weapon users and on a cavalry team, so it's probably easier to just cheese Xander with him than with Ursula.

My Reinhardt is ready for Xander. He will first destroy him, and then he will persuade him to join my Horse Emblem team.

10 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

It's extremely niche, but Olwen can actually be salvaged on a cavalry team with a quad Life and Death/Desperation set similar to what Setsuna runs.

With a Hone Cavalry boost, a +Atk Olwen with this setup actually has a ridiculous matchup spread (nearly the exact same as 5* Blárblade Ursula with Life and Death and a Hone Cavalry boost, to give you an idea of how powerful this is) and even more wins than a +Atk Death Blow Reinhardt with Hone Cavalry. 

So although Reinhardt is a better standalone unit, Olwen with the right set and a cavalry team is actually better than Reinhardt and comparable to Blárblade Ursula. 

Cool. It's just weird that she just mysteriously disappeared after her banner. I feel like she should have been the one that was given a 4* summon rather than Reinhardt. Olwen's base speed is high enough that she would still be pretty good, but obviously not at her full potential, without Dire Thunder while Reinhardt seems crippled. Yes, he hits hard and he has decent defenses, but he isn't super bulky to defense or resistance like Frederick and he doesn't as hard as Sanaki. I feel like it's a Gordin situation where let's say Brave weapons were 5*-only. Well, Klein could function without a Brave Bow because his speed is pretty decent letting him double. On the other hand, Gordin gets screwed since his attack is the same as Klein's, but his speed is lower.

Edited by Kaden

10 hours ago, Michelaar said:

Yeah sure, just whisper in my ear when they are!

I'm going to hold you to this.  As in, if I wake up the next day, the info's posted, and you're nowhere in sight, I'll edit the first post myself.

1 hour ago, JSND said:

Ryoma vs Xander Heroes Edition incoming?

Shit, I have to do this now

Mine actually doesn't have a great nature to take Xander though, I did the math and a +def or +hp fares better and normally I don't mind the -atk bane since he's +spd, but for beating xander in particular neutral atk and extra phys bulk is the best ryoma build. I'll figure something out, though, I got 1600 SP to spare and Hone Atk and if I pull off a proc I'll probably be fine

but I'll set this up somehow

10 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Shit, I have to do this now

Mine actually doesn't have a great nature to take Xander though, I did the math and a +def or +hp fares better and normally I don't mind the -atk bane since he's +spd, but for beating xander in particular neutral atk and extra phys bulk is the best ryoma build. I'll figure something out, though, I got 1600 SP to spare and Hone Atk and if I pull off a proc I'll probably be fine

but I'll set this up somehow

Imma do this with -Def.

If you REALLY want this to be A Thing, use Desperation, have a Spur Atk nearby, and trigger Defiant Atk.  Shenanigans abound!  This will depend on Xander's stats, though!

Edited by eclipse

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Imma do this with -Def.

If you REALLY want this to be A Thing, use Desperation, have a Spur Atk nearby, and trigger Defiant Atk.  Shenanigans abound!  This will defend on Xander's stats, though!

I think I might actually have a spare Desperation for him too

I'll see what I can do with what he has now, though, because the feathers are for promoting Xander to 5* after I get him and I only have 3* Shannas, if I can't do it, then I'll switch his build.

Also since when did you roll a Ryoma (congrats?)

Edited by Thor Odinson

Just now, Thor Odinson said:

I think I might actually have a spare Desperation for him too

I'll see what I can do with what he has now, though, because the feathers are for promoting Xander to 5* after I get him, if I can't do it, then I'll switch his build.

Also since when did you roll a Ryoma (congrats?)

Pretty recently!  He's +Spd/-Def, but that's okay, since his job is to tank Tharja/Julia/Nino.  Wanted a unit with Hone Spd so I could slap it on Ephraim. Got Ryoma instead, and rolled with it.  He's absolutely hilarious in the arena, especially since I'm a terrible person that gave him Vantage.  All he's missing is Swap/Reposition.

I'd need to see Xander's stats before being certain about Desperation, though.  Pretty sure Ryoma's gonna need some help, but that's what M!Robin is for. :P:

Just now, eclipse said:

Pretty recently!  He's +Spd/-Def, but that's okay, since his job is to tank Tharja/Julia/Nino.  Wanted a unit with Hone Spd so I could slap it on Ephraim. Got Ryoma instead, and rolled with it.  He's absolutely hilarious in the arena, especially since I'm a terrible person that gave him Vantage.  All he's missing is Swap/Reposition.

I'd need to see Xander's stats before being certain about Desperation, though.  Pretty sure Ryoma's gonna need some help, but that's what M!Robin is for. :P:

Congrats for real then! I'm also that person who gave him vantage and then kill 3 dudes in one enemy phase. Feels great. 

And yeah, same. I have Astra on him right now just because I don't feel like spending the feathers to promote people and most things I make him fight, especially at vantage range he can do enough damage to oneshot at 2.5x anyway, but if I have to I'll dump the feathers to switch to draconic aura/dragon fang for this. I'd definitely prefer to make this as less-assisted as possible in terms of actually fighting Xander, but if Xander gets to have ~18 hp worth of buffs I get Hone Atk on initiate. 

7 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Congrats for real then! I'm also that person who gave him vantage and then kill 3 dudes in one enemy phase. Feels great. 

And yeah, same. I have Astra on him right now just because I don't feel like spending the feathers to promote people and most things I make him fight, especially at vantage range he can do enough damage to oneshot at 2.5x anyway, but if I have to I'll dump the feathers to switch to draconic aura/dragon fang for this. I'd definitely prefer to make this as less-assisted as possible in terms of actually fighting Xander, but if Xander gets to have ~18 hp worth of buffs I get Hone Atk on initiate. 

If i could give Ryoma any proc, it would be Glimmer.  It functions decently enough, and it's cheaper for him, SP-wise.  With Defiant Atk, he'll hit like a truck.

. . .yes, I am THAT person that makes Ryoma run around half-dead.  But I will be insanely surprised if Xander does less than half of Ryoma's HP after one battle.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

If i could give Ryoma any proc, it would be Glimmer.  It functions decently enough, and it's cheaper for him, SP-wise.  With Defiant Atk, he'll hit like a truck.

. . .yes, I am THAT person that makes Ryoma run around half-dead.  But I will be insanely surprised if Xander does less than half of Ryoma's HP after one battle.

He does a bit more than half at neutral, which is why my original calcs recommended +def. 

I'm not really worried about SP on mine. I have 1600+ that I'm not using---1000 after I take out the 600 set aside for Fury 3, but that's still more than enough to get him whatever he wants ever at this point. I think that's enough for both Desperation 3 and a new Proc, actually. 

He also has the highest HM after Olivia, for what it's worth :P

Edited by Thor Odinson

Just now, Thor Odinson said:

He does a bit more than half at neutral, which is why my original calcs recommended +def. 

I'm not really worried about SP on mine. I have 1600+ that I'm not using---1000 after I take out the 600 set aside for Fury 3, but that's still more than enough to get him whatever he wants ever at this point. I think that's enough for both Desperation 3 and a new Proc, actually. 

For my purposes, that's perfect.  Will definitely need to run someone that has Reciprocal Aid!  I'll most likely stick to Vantage Cheese, because I'm positive that Xander will struggle against two normal hits, two Defiant Atk hits and an Astra/Glimmer somewhere in the mix.

For my purposes, that's perfect.  Will definitely need to run someone that has Reciprocal Aid!  I'll most likely stick to Vantage Cheese, because I'm positive that Xander will struggle against two normal hits, two Defiant Atk hits and an Astra/Glimmer somewhere in the mix.

I run Ardent Sacrifice on Nino that's...roughly under half of what Xander should do to him, but enough to take another hit and still be in vantage range? :P

But yeah I'll run the calcs before hand for this to see what I want on Ryo

it needs to be perfect and I need to record it

Edited by Thor Odinson

28 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

I run Ardent Sacrifice on Nino that's...roughly under half of what Xander should do to him, but enough to take another hit and still be in vantage range? :P

But yeah I'll run the calcs before hand for this to see what I want on Ryo

it needs to be perfect and I need to record it

If I could run anything, it would be Sakura, Ryoma, Takumi, and Azura.  But I only have half of these units, and the odds of me pulling Takumi/Azura are insanely low.

Still, it would be fitting!  It's Birthright all over again~!  No Hinoka, because someone had to sit out for Azura!

If I could run anything, it would be Sakura, Ryoma, Takumi, and Azura.  But I only have half of these units, and the odds of me pulling Takumi/Azura are insanely low.

Still, it would be fitting!  It's Birthright all over again~!  No Hinoka, because someone had to sit out for Azura!

Haha, I actually have most of the Hoshido siblings, except Sakura wouldn't show up for me. Azura won't either but at least that's expected. 

I could totally pull a Ryoma/Takumi/Hinoka + Olivia run, though. Hell, I might. Could toss Reciprocal on Takumi while I'm at it. 

I pulled 2 5* healers and granted they're on focus but neither of them are sakura

Edited by Thor Odinson

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

I'm going to hold you to this.  As in, if I wake up the next day, the info's posted, and you're nowhere in sight, I'll edit the first post myself.

Yep, if anyone just remembers to tag me, then the info will be in the first post.

3 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Haha, I actually have most of the Hoshido siblings, except Sakura wouldn't show up for me. Azura won't either but at least that's expected. 

I could totally pull a Ryoma/Takumi/Hinoka + Olivia run, though. Hell, I might. Could toss Reciprocal on Takumi while I'm at it. 

I pulled 2 5* healers and granted they're on focus but neither of them are sakura

Oh, even better!  If you want a Full Theme run, use either Corrin, preferably F!Corrin.  Granted, Azura would be the best, but she's a total pain to pull.

Just now, eclipse said:

Oh, even better!  If you want a Full Theme run, use either Corrin, preferably F!Corrin.  Granted, Azura would be the best, but she's a total pain to pull.

I have no Corrins trained, unfortunately, and my only non-used-as-fodder FCorn is, well, a 3*. Olivia will just have to pretend she's Azura now. 

3 hours ago, Astellius said:

My Reinhardt is ready for Xander. He will first destroy him, and then he will persuade him to join my Horse Emblem team.

Same x'D. Xander will be part of an Intense Big Brothers On Horses Team whether he want to or not. What's also making me feel uneasy is that Reinhardt/blue mages is such an obvious counter to him that I wonder if IS will have something up their sleeves. 

10 hours ago, Arcanite said:

You say this after they mercifully don't give the armored units Ward/goad/hone/fortify armor skills in Zeph's map. Now that you jinxed us, I don't think we have a chance XD

Haha, dunno... I just have an awful premonition about Xander's map for some reason, perhaps because they have been so merciful thus far 

Hmmm... Wonder if Ryoma, Azura, F!Corrin and... uh... I don't have Sakura, Takumi, M!Corrin or Hinoka on my main account (why do all the hoshido units hate me?)... I have a Bunny!Camilla and Bunny!Xander... as well as a Leo... Maybe I'll just have Xander take down Xander xD He'd be too busy staring at what the other him is wearing that he won't stand a chance!

Or... I think Reinhardt is just going to pretend to be a sibling... He could totally be a cavalier from Hoshido... He doesn't look like he'd be from Nohr! xD

So the new video showed the Xander map. I would grab a screenshot, but my internet is crappy at the moment.

Xander's stats:

HP - 61
Atk - 48
Spd - 25
Def - 38
Res - 17

Weapon: Siegfried (Distant Counter)
Special: Blazing Light
A: Armored Blow 3
C: Spur Def 3

The non-Xander units have the following skills:

Green Mage Cav: Vantage 3

Lance Fighter: Quick Riposte 3 (Killer Lance?)

Sword Fighter: Quick Riposte 3 (Silver Sword? Killing Edge?)

Cleric: Wings of Mercy 3 (Gravity, it seems)

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy