Who is your favorite artist(s) so far?

Falcom

When the World of Radiance banner appeared, I noticed Titania's art and besides falling in love with it (along with Soren and Ike), was curious about who the artist was. Did some digging to find out that it was none other than Wada Sachiko. Other characters that she drew include Barst, Virion, Marth, and Cherche. All of which, except for Marth, I love for their art (Marth's was okay). When I pulled Barst, I immediately fell in love with her art to the point where I actually put some effort towards him. From there, my love for Sachiko's work has grown upon seeing more of it.

So I like to ask, who's your favorite artist so far? Doesn't necessarily have to be an artist that drew one of your favorite characters. In fact, try to avoid that (case and point, Rebecca's art). As you know, mine would have to be Sachiko. Normally I would say Hidari but because this is the Heroes forum, keep it to artists involved in Heroes. As an extra, who's your second favorite? For me, it would be HAKO (Elise, Caeda, Shanna, and Felicia).

(This might be duplicate since some people have already shared theirs on the FE Heroes Artists thread. But let's give it a shot)

EDIT: Sachiko is a female. Not a man....

Edited by Falcom

Senri Kita because always Senri Kita because of her Tellius work. <3 Ryoma is absolutely gorgeous (and he's one of my favorite characters so I'm so glad she drew him!)!

Also, the artist that did Frederick did a spectacular job too!

I also really like Ike's new art, aside from the somewhat feminine-looking eyes. Otherwise, he looks awesome.

And yeah, Titania looks amazing. I'd say Sachiko and Freddy's artist are now my second favorites after Senri Kita, in fact.

Edited by Anacybele

Yuji Himukai (Fae, Raigh) and Yura (Navarre, Niles, Subaki).

I already enjoyed Himukai's art from EO, and luckily they gave him characters that worked really well with his artstyle.

And Yura's Navarre is my favorite piece of art in the game so... yeah. It just looks really pretty.

Edited by Emerson

Fuzichoco has been a favorite artist of mine for years, and I only recently realized she did art for Fire Emblem Cipher (cough Ninian cough). In Heroes, she does Hana and Sakura, but neither of them really do her her full justice since she's best known for her absolutely stunning backgrounds (which character art obviously doesn't have).

Kippu's Linde and Ninian have been growing on me ever since I pulled my first Linde, and I was pleasantly surprised when Ninian's art was revealed and it was clearly done by the same person.

Finally, Yamada Koutarou, who did Lyn and Narcian and was the artist for the FE6 Hasha no Tsurugi spin-off manga and several Cipher cards. Excusing Lyn's eyes being weird, I like his style, and he draws some of the most kick-ass renditions of the Elibe legendary weapons in existence. No offense to Yamada Akihiro, but if I were to pick an artist to draw Zephiel, absolutely no one beats Yamada Koutarou's Zephiel from Hasha. If they ever do multiple artworks for a single character like any proper collection game would, I'm hoping for him to do Zephiel in all of his Hasha glory.

It's hard to pick favorites, but I'd have to go with Amagaitaro (Nino, Catria, Clarine)

HAKO (Elise, Caeda, Shanna, Felicia), kaya8 (Azura, Fir, Maria, Priscilla), and Fuzichoco (Sakura, Hana) deserve special mentions as well. 

Seeing Nino's art in the initial Heroes trailer is actually what got me to finally play FE7 in the first place, believe it or not, which then introduced me to emulating GBA games as a whole and Sacred Stones by extension, so Amagaitaro's art will always have a special place in my heart.

I really like HAKO's art. All of the ladies look beautiful.

Next would be AKIRA, cause I love their art, especially Lon'qu and Raven. It's too bad there aren't like final arts or something like FGO, because the aesthetics that are pulled off in the background of the card are wonderful in all of the characters they did.

Man, I'm glad you made this topic. Would've done it myself but didn't really want to at the same time. The character arts are probably my favorite thing in this game.

Favorites are hard to choose so the one's I like most are some with reasons, some without:

Kaya8 (Azura, Maria, Priscilla, Fir)- Probably not a popular choice, but every character he/she's done are adorable.

Kippu (Ninian, Linde)- I just really like this style, also because Ninian and Linde are on my main team.

Cuboon (Palla, Reinhardt, Olwen, Lukas)

Iack (Nowi, Saizo, Kagero, Beruka)- His/Her critical portraits look badass.

AKIRA (Hector, Raven, Lon'qu, Olivia)- Not really into Olivia's portraits, but Lon'qu's looks amazing.

Hako (Felicia, Caeda, Shanna, Elise)

Tobi (Klein)- They only have Klein going for them so I'm hoping for more

Haimura Kiyotaka (Julia)- Julia's heads a little too big but the detail in her clothing look really nice.

Honestly, they're all pretty good. The only one I'm not into really is Ueda Yumehito. The other artists spoil me with amazing detailed artwork that his/her's seems so simplistic and proportioned incorrectly.

Also, I'm probably the 1% that doesn't loathe Rebecca's artwork. Her face is really a problem though with it's sparkles and distance between the eyes, but I think it looks fine otherwise. Just realized that her attacking portrait and critical portrait have different stances too.

Edited by KongDude88

Senri Kita and Sachiko Wada have been my favorites for a while, but I'm also very fond of cuboon's art. His shading style stands out a lot and looks really nice.

Honorable mention to HAKO, HACCAN and Suekane Kumiko.

I lucked the fuck out with Senri Kita drawing my favorite character.

WADA SACHIKO (That glossy CHERCHE face)

Titania is also damn good. Barst is okay. but better than some male art

Kumiko, Cuboon (Palla), Lack (Saizo, Kagero) is also pretty good.

Edited by Ryuke

Senri Kita because I will always love her art. 

Wada Sachiko. Her Virion is absolutely magnificent. Combined with the nosebleed worthy voice acting of Taylor Henry, he is literally my favorite unit in Heroes.

cuboon. Gosh, I love their art for Palla and Reinhardt. Look guys, you finally have your wish: a pony knight wearing TIGHTS! And I know nothing about Reinhardt but I love him anyways.

Iack. Good lord, their Saizou gives me a feeling so complicated. He can stab me with a kunai, and I wouldn't give a rat's ass.

Serious toss-up for me (no particular order):

Yamada Kotaro (Lyn, Narcian) -- Lyn bias and Narcian's memetic injured face

kaya8 (Azura, Fir) -- Azura looks beautiful, Fir looks cute

HAKO (Caeda, Felicia)

Amagaitaro (Catria, Nino) -- very bold coloring!

Asatani Tomoyo (Eirika) -- the artist really went the extra mile for making Eirika's armor look ornamental

cuboon (Reinhardt, Olwen, Palla) -- Palla is gorgeous, Reinhardt looks like a magnificent bastard, cuboon also did Cipher artwork of Lyn

kippu (Linde, Ninian) -- very cute, wouldn't look out of place in a shoujo manga or something

Senri Kita (Cecilia) -- Cecilia looks both beautiful and mature

Lack (Kagero) -- very good action poses for Kagero

Yusuke Kozaki (Sharena, Anna)

Wada Sachiko (Cherche, Titania)

Kotobuki Tsukasa (Ursula)

Maeshima Shigeki (Bewitching Beauty Camilla, Xander) -- both of them look polished

Mendako (Arthur) -- VERY fitting style for the character

I've liked Sachiko Wada's art since Sacred Stones, and her Heroes artwork are also amazing!

I also really like Itagaki Hako's art (Gordin and Draug).

I'm not familiar with their art, but I really like cuboon's as well. I really wanna get a Reinhardt just because of his artwork!

Not sure if I should make a new topic for this (tell me if I should) but is there any artists you guys would want to see in the future? That, or do you have any characters that you want drawn by a specific artists?

I feel like toi8 could do something sooner or later. Even though I wasn't a fan of TMS, I wonder if the Carnage forms would ever make an appearance because they looked pretty cool. I really doubt it though. Hidari's art has left a great impression on many and would be cool to see their artwork (it'd feel kind of misplaced though, something about the style...)

This artist would never make it in (isn't japanese and doesn't have connections to IS really), but I would really like to see Ian Olympia do something. He drew Lyn and Camilla when Heroes released and they looked pretty good.

Spoiler

ian-olympia-02-12-17.jpg?1487003726

ian-olympia-02-05-17.jpg?1486277765

Edited by KongDude88

Lone Daisuke Izuka fan chiming in (Michalis).  I don't care if he overshades everything, I love his guys!

I'm also a fan of Etrian Fae/Raigh and the upcoming Soren.

10 minutes ago, KongDude88 said:

Not sure if I should make a new topic for this (tell me if I should) but is there any artists you guys would want to see in the future? That, or do you have any characters that you want drawn by a specific artists?

I feel like toi8 could do something sooner or later, but if not that's fine. Hidari's art has left a great impression on many and would be cool to see their artwork (it'd feel kind of misplaced though, something about the style...)

Fire up the controversy with Kaoru Hagiya.  Been following her art for a VERY long time, and I still think her illustrations are gorgeous.  If toi8 were to come on board, he should totally draw the TMS characters.

Gonna go with Amagaitaro. If he could draw Tinny (and Fury), I'd be happy.

- Nino is absolutely adorable, certainly one of my favorite art in the game.

- Clarine is... I don't know how to say it, but I feel like you can understand her personality just by seeing her.

- Catria. Let just say I nearly drooled when I got her (the fact she was 5* helped a bit, but the art did all the work)

Honorable mention for HAKO and Astani Tomoyo.

Edited by Sartek

HAKO (Felicia, Shiida, Shanna, Elise) - i actually spent a good 15 minutes just admiring Felicia's art when i first pulled her, and still come back sometimes to admire it more and possibly absorb their art skills. proportions and anatomy are always pretty dang on point, colouring is beautiful, lining is elegant and thin, blending well with the painterly colouring. Shanna is probably my least favourite here, but still very nice.

AKIRA (Raven, Lon'qu, Olivia) - i think i've seen people complain about the style (because it's pretty conflicting with every other style), but i really love the thick volatile lines, and the simple shading is suited to it. looks real crisp. i like the way they draw muscles too. Lon'Qu's attack art is a bit wonky though.

Yura (Niles, Tsubaki, Navarre) - two words: sexy dudes. i like the shinies and shadings she puts on arms and stuff. Navarre's art especially killed me even if his attack art is wall-eyed. only complaint i have is that her faces are kind of off a lot of the time. in all of Tsubaki's art his face is weird. Nile's default art his mouth is so wide it could split his face. exaggerating but still.

Whoever did Eirika's Art is a F*CKING GOD. I always though Eirika looks both cool and beautiful in Sacred Stones. BUT THIS ART WORK..... OOOOOH MAN! Favorite Artwork by far, besides Fir.

Cuboon - I think someone mentioned they were the one who did Reinhardt, Olwen and Palla. I can't check right now.

Honestly, out of all the art in the game, this is my favourite, especially Reinhardt. It just looks so much like the characters, with their own little spin, and nothing seems out of place - I have no niggles with any of them.

I would say the person who did Bunny!Chrom, too... but they also did regular Chrom and he just looks off to me. But I love 'em for Bunny!Chrom :D

Nowi's art is also really good. Not sure who did her, but it's really nicely done. Just shame about which character it is, for me (since barely dressed, loli dragons aren't really my favourite kinda character).

And whoever did Eirika and Ephraim (I think it was the same person). Ephraim's head always looks a tad small to me, but otherwise, I absolutely love their art, particularly the detail put into it.

Those are the first ones that come to mind for me. Sorry, I can't search up artists names right now ^.^''

Edited by Cute Chao

I'll go with AKIRA, (Hector, Lon'qu, Olivia, Raven) I like his bold, cartoony, yet serious feel he presents. I'm looking forward to whichever character he draws next.

Special mention to Amagaitaro, (Clarine, Nino, Catria) though, his/her style really reminds me of the FE6 artstyle, which I'm a fan of.

First is Miwabe Sakura (Est, Lachesis, Mist). Colorful and very detailed art.

Second is Yamada Akihiro (Gunter, Jagen, Ogma, Zephiel). Love that old school style and colouring. I might consider even make full team featuring his/her art. 

Favourite without a doubt is Yamada Akihiro x'D I think I rambled about him enough, just such a sucker for old that kind of style. 

I also really like П猫R's art for Eldigan. It's the only art he' released for Heroes, but I'm hoping there'll be more from him. 

Oh, and of course cuboon for Reinhardt and Olwen