Can thieves work?

Harvey

While yeah I think most characters in FE could work, the examples given in Hyrule Warriors seem to me to be more looking at it from different angles then them making something out of very little/nothing. The inspiration was always there to be found imo, they just needed to turn it into actual combat ability. With FE the vast majority have some degree of combat skill to draw on but I think there's not much to go on beyond their FE class with some characters like there is with the Hyrule Warriors cast. I mean sure they could be functional but other characters would have more to draw on. 

Edited by goodperson707

• 3 weeks later...

I think they'll be something like Sheik in HW. Fast but lower damage. Additionally, there are some chests that are character-locked in the Warriors games (HW at least) so maybe instead of dragging that one character halfway across the map just for an item, ninjas could open it instead and the reward still goes to the right person? 

On 05/16/17 at 8:46 PM, nuby said:

I think they'll be something like Sheik in HW. Fast but lower damage. Additionally, there are some chests that are character-locked in the Warriors games (HW at least) so maybe instead of dragging that one character halfway across the map just for an item, ninjas could open it instead and the reward still goes to the right person? 

Interesting idea. I hope it's implemented.

Regarding the topic as a whole, I think the style of Gan Ning in DW6 fits this topic pretty solidly. Honestly, I think Thieves and Ninja would be easy but I literally just thought of Maids running around a battlefield slicing everything to crap and I'm now just laughing too much.

Edited by Light Strategist

I suppose so. It's probably because I never actually thought of the idea until now that it just strikes me as a funny idea. On that note, I wonder if Felicia tripping over herself would be used as one of her attacks...

Felicia tripping could be used to leave an ice trail behind her which could slow any enemies caught in the ice radius. Imagine playing as her! Just launching plates and knives at people and tripping all over the place? 

I'd play her all of the time. 

I sure as hell hope they work, Rogues are my favorite class in any Fantasy game alongside clerics and fighters.

Honestly, make them a bit faster than other characters could work, give them a high crit chance, and maybe give them some kind of tool bag. While it hasnt been a thing for FE, rogues in all fantasy settings have been the type to carry tools. Things like Grappling Hooks, Lockpicks, etc.

You could also find a way to make stealth work, though I dont know enough about Warriors games to figure out how exactly.

On 5/23/2017 at 1:41 AM, Augestein said:

Felicia tripping could be used to leave an ice trail behind her which could slow any enemies caught in the ice radius. Imagine playing as her! Just launching plates and knives at people and tripping all over the place?

And then we have her sister Flora. Flora makes ice beneath her feet with every step she takes, and thus she skates across the battlefield with coolness and grace. As you are mesmerized by her performance, in a maid's outfit no less, you'll never feel the pain she inflicts as she passes by you, with knife in hand slashing through your liver. And when she spins in place, spectators are wowed by the blizzard she creates. And her jumps, oh her jumps! The first has daggers thrown in midair at the crowd of admiring enemies around her, and the second is an encore this throwing knife technique she has practiced long and hard. And when she goes for the ambitious third and final jump, her perfected landing ignites the air of the battlefield which she has turned into her own olympic arena!

It's a shame that in a musou attack, all that would happen in about 3 or so seconds, with no time to enjoy it... actually, that would be pretty impressive.

Or is this her whole kit?

Edited by Soledai