Can thieves work?

Harvey

Just have them be much faster than every other unit. I'm pretty sure the Warriors franchise has done "super speedy, low damage" characters in the past. Plus, Thieves can probably get a boost in their chances to obtain whatever resources are in the game.

Because Warriors games don't follow FE stat sheets, is how they can work.

But if you really need something; Make them faster than most, some combos, touch of increased item(or whatever) drop rate for the inevitable farm(Luck stat exists for that in Musou, so it's debatable), and a sprig of double jump, but some of this can mostly apply to anyone with the right build, so it's entirely moot. Hell, we could even bring in debuffs, those exist.

Alternative and correct answer: Who knows, we'll see.

Edited by Soledai

Honestly, before actual Ninjas were a thing, I've always thought that FE thieves had a bit of ninja flair. Not the steorotypical ninja in fiction, more like what actual real ninja were. But maybe that was just me.

4 minutes ago, Soledai said:

Literally had the same thought, that was why I threw in the double jump part, haha.

I could probably see something like the Ninja Paths being a thing. But for the thieves.

It wouldn't be hard to make thieves functional(as in the non-combat part) in a musou game. If I let my imagination have fun, I could easily picture a stage where you'd have to play a thief and go around stealing goods, unlocking doors, and making paths for an army to come through, finding treasure and whatnot. Maybe get a little stealth in there, too using the "thief(or hidden) paths" like Acacia mentioned. Samurai Warriors 1 did this quite nicely, in my onion.

But, that's if I let my imagination cut loose, just a little... I also doubt we'd get an SW1 tier game, but that's another thing entirely.

Honestly thieves don't need to become better in combat.
Just allow them to steal each unequipped weapon / item and give them more exp. for that to let level them faster. (25 exp. for each steal)
Furthermore they should also be able to steal even if they have no more free slots in their inventory. Instead of discarding each further stolen good will be sent to the supply automatically.

Thieves are never skilled in combat unless an extreme amount of effort is made to them. How can they work here in Warriors?

Despite it's mentioned already: Warriors will not become a classic FE game.

Throwing knives.

Then again, the only thieves in the three games revealed so far are Julian, Rickard and Gaius. So really, not much chance of them getting a rep in the first place.

If they do, I can only see Julian getting in, because Julian's got the best chances.

And Warriors games have shoved interesting levels in every now and then with odd map objectives and events that occur to shake things up. A level in which there are ally or enemy thieves that open gates if you let them could be a way to shove them into the game, or simply have them as the guys that carry the best loot.

33 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Still hoping for Sothe to get a shot, but I doubt it, considering anything Tellius outside of Ike has like a 5% chance if not lower.

Well you never know. Who thought this game would've happened from Nintendo honestly?

I do feel that Matthew should be given a shot since well...he's one of the first to appear in Heroes? 

37 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Well you never know. Who thought this game would've happened from Nintendo honestly?

I do feel that Matthew should be given a shot since well...he's one of the first to appear in Heroes? 

Matthew is my favorite character in FE period so I'd be happy to see him, but I highly doubt it.

5 hours ago, Slumber said:

Just have them be much faster than every other unit. I'm pretty sure the Warriors franchise has done "super speedy, low damage" characters in the past. Plus, Thieves can probably get a boost in their chances to obtain whatever resources are in the game.

Yes there are quite a few of those characters... however they are morely hit the opponent more and dodge most attacks

As for choices, I'm assuming the ones with best odds to make it would perhaps be...

Kaze, Saizo and Kagero- they all play the previously mentioned "ninja role" and are from fates which = fan service...

Gauis- again fan service... and he was one of the most popular characters from Awakening that they brought him back in fates (albeit just personality wise...)

after the fanservice is gone...the 3 others I see likely being added are Jaffar, Sothe, and Volke...

Lastly it is unknown what they will do for characters, For Hyrule Warriors (the only other example) they did was had 4 original timeline characters, and 3 original villians. They also spread all DLC and stuff to basically allow it for them to take two characters from each Zelda title (except for Marin's case..) Now translate that to here... I would believe out of all total games... that would leave us with + or - 22 characters, not counting if there are original heroes and villains to play.... but again that's IF they follow the example they made in Hyrule Warriors...

2 hours ago, Harvey said:

Who thought this game would've happened from Nintendo honestly?

I did. There was no way you could convince it wasn't happening unless I died beforehand. :V
Or had Omega Force and IS both say to me, in documented format, both oversaw and signed by each other, and with a blood print (by their CEOs or COOs), that it beyond a doubt wasn't happening.

That, and fan demand is a hell of a beast.

Sure thing Thieves can work.

There is a lot of "thief like" characters in Warriors after all like Jia Xu, Wang Yi or Wang Yuanji since DaloDask talked about throwing knives.

And I think if a Thief unit would look great in the game. Especially some Assassins like Volke or Jaffar. Though, I would like Legault to show up.

26 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Merlinus. 

Unpromoted. 

Get excited! Musou's first fighter wielding a tent, to satisfy every fan who has yearned to beat the crap out of people with tents!

4 hours ago, Folt said:

Get excited! Musou's first fighter wielding a tent, to satisfy every fan who has yearned to beat the crap out of people with tents!

I mean, we do have towels and benches...

As others have said: it's a Warriors game. There are tons of ways to make Thieves (and just about any character) work. They aren't limited by unit class, just general portrayal.