World of Radiance Quests

NekoKnight

We have a thread for each GHB so why not for the World of Radiance quests? Is anyone having difficulty with these on Lunatic?

I was able to beat 10-5 with a Marth + Horse Emblem team but the defense chapters are giving me trouble. Even using my A-team (Elise/Effie/Marth/Olivia) wasn't good enough to survive 10-1. Everything would be different if I had Hector. What teams are you running for each map?

Juggled between Ephraim, Alm, Lilina, Michalis, Ninian and Elise for the 5 quests, depending on the units required. Ninian was used on the rout maps and Elise on the defend maps. Managed to clear all 5, only needing a light's blessing for 10-4. I'll probably try that map again to see if I can beat it fairly.

Finished 10-1 on lunatic with a team of Klein, Reinhard, Nino and Olivia. Apperantly killing evrything before it can touch you works really well. After my starmina recovers I'll see if it works as well in other maps.

37 minutes ago, VonBlitz said:

Do you guys buy a lot of orbs? Finding it hard to get good 4/5 stars heroes to actually keep up. 

I didn't buy a single orb but still ended up with a pretty diverse team of 4 stars. All my natural 5-stars were red or colorless, so I trained up a lot of good blue and green 4-stars to fill the void and promoted some of the better ones. The game gives F2P players quite some orbs, so I think most people get enough chances to pull at least some good units. You might have had pretty bad luck though.

I bought orbs, but I had good units before that. I only bought orbs 'cos I want to aim for one of every character, if possible.

With these, I only had the time to do the normal quests straight away. I used a few  heroes who are already in their mid-twenties to form a team (Bunny!Camilla, Marth, Setsuna, Sharena).

It gave me a new liking for Setsuna. The girl can tank the mage hits. She's +1, but still, no skill inheritance or anything. I need to focus on colourless units more, I think, since I've only trained up Kagero, Maria, Jeorge and Gordin. I need to go colourless hunt summoning at some point, too, but I expect Mist to become 4* and don't really care enough to pull her at 5*. When Rhys comes into the game, I'm gonna be all over those colourless (or Saul, Wolf, Sedgar, Shin, Rath, Midir, Roberto, Ronan, Sleuf... Um... I have a pretty boy problem ^.^'' )

I ended up slapping a swordbreeaker 1 on Hinoka and be done with it for my lance requirement on 10-5. She's my only lance that can do damage. Ryoma takes not enough damage from Soren to hit Defiant Atk range or I could've done it without, probably.

I can probably find a way to do 10-4 without lights blessing, but not at the late hour of last night. didn't quite total party kill, but just emergency revive on the last turn. Really good positioning for Tsubaki to just block Ike, too

Managed to clear 10-2 to 10-4 on lunatic as well. For 10-2 I switched Cordelia in for Reinhard so I could complete the lance quest, and Palla replaced Olivia to deal with Titania. Nino didn't do much in the end and Klein pretty much carried the team, by killing both pegasi.

For 10-3 took her spot back and Cherche replaced Cordelia for quest purposes. Cherche and Klein did most of the killing, with Nino and Olivia offering draw back/dance support. Olivia managed to tank 2 round against Titania, which really saved the map.

For 10-4 Reinhard replaced Cherche, giving me the same team as for 10-4. The first few turns were pretty easy, as Klein and Rein just killed evrything that approuched. A green mage reinforcement was quite scary, as Klein couldn't kill him (stupid -atk) and Nino couldn't take a hit because she tanked a blue mage earlier (stupid -res). I managed to win by having Rein secure an escape route and running, but I wouldn't have survived a seventh turn.

In hindsight, I feel brave users make defence maps pretty easy, so after finishing 10-5 and training Ike I might try to do it without them.

Alright, now that I'm awake and it's not 4am, did 10-4 again, but with no light's blessing this time. Team was Ryoma/Nino/Tsubaki/Olivia. Ryoma handled any and all greens except the green mage at the end (Olivia got that), Nino killed that blue tome cav and some archers (HP seal -def Nino with LoD2 just survives the starting position archer with 1hp, which is fine because she ran around with desperation the entire time) Tsubaki's entire point is to wall Ike for 1 turn and he did that really well. Like Ike just doesn't even damage him and shit. 

...and the entire time I forgot Olivia has swordbreaker on her and she could've taken Ike for like, a turn hahaha

Actually I had one of the the luckiest mispositionings--I left Ryoma in one of the archers range, which took him down to 2HP (after getting hit by Soren). Nino took out the archer and Ryoma basically lol's all over Titania even all over 2HP, but that let him hit defiant atk range and allows him to OHKO the green peg instead of being 4 dmg short, which gives Olivia flexibility to do other things. Also it lets him run around with vantage.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I'm shocked I managed to do 10-4 Lunatic's quest on my first try. All of my units except Sharena were under half-health and Sharena was holding off Ike. Oh well, quests done.

(Oddly, the one that took the most tries was actually 10-2. Protip: don't try to go down the right side before activating the left.)

I've done it. I have f***** done it ! The quest for 10-5 !

Spoiler

Team : Catria (38, 5*, +Spd -Res), Palla (or whoever with Goad Fliers, whatever the lvl), Caeda (39, 5*, +Atk -Res), Lissa (or another healer with Rehabilitate)

Start position :

Spoiler

748504Capturedcrans201704261710461.png

• Catria was send to the blue cavalier, Caeda to Titania, Palla in the forest between the two former and Lissa behind.
    • The cavaliers attacks their targets, Mist heal the blue cavalier.
  • Caeda finish Titania, Lissa heal Catria. Don't attack with Catria !
    • Mist heal the blue cavalier, and this one suicide himself against Catria (with the help of her Moonbow)
  • Lissa is one case lower, Palla at the place of Lissa, so Catria can have her Goad Flier effect and ORKO Mist. Caeda bait Soren, send her as far west as possible
  • Destroy the west wall with Caeda and advance Catria to one case to west, Palla to her right and Lissa behind.
  • 5th turn : Caeda, who have been hit by Soren two times, can finally ORKO him. Then, move Catria to the forest, at her left, and heal her with Lissa.
    • Ike will attack Catria and suicide himself thanks to Goad Flier and Moonbow.

I lost so much energy to finally success... But what a relief ! First time Goad Flier was so useful. And thanks Heavens Mist priorize healing over hitting.

Edited by Ledrert

3 hours ago, Bartozio said:

Finished 10-1 on lunatic with a team of Klein, Reinhard, Nino and Olivia. Apperantly killing evrything before it can touch you works really well. After my starmina recovers I'll see if it works as well in other maps.

I didn't buy a single orb but still ended up with a pretty diverse team of 4 stars. All my natural 5-stars were red or colorless, so I trained up a lot of good blue and green 4-stars to fill the void and promoted some of the better ones. The game gives F2P players quite some orbs, so I think most people get enough chances to pull at least some good units. You might have had pretty bad luck though.

hm, ok! i guess im just being unlucky. :/

1 minute ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Mkv clearing Lunatic 10-3 quest (axe user: Gunter)

I have my own Gunter at level 39 actually.

I can mimic this exact strat! BOOYAH!

Did Mkv beat 10-4 and 10-5 yet? I am struggling right now.
I realized that I have Light Blessings but I want to use those as a last resort.

Edited by Falcom

1 minute ago, Falcom said:

Did Mkv beat 10-4 and 10-5 yet? I am struggling right now.
I realized that I have Light Blessings but I want to use those as a last resort.

There's no video of it at the very least. 10-4 is pretty tough, but is 10-5 that difficult? I felt that each unit was pretty easy to bait out, meaning you can almost deal with each of them separatly. Guess the time limit might be annoying?

5 hours ago, Serranade said:

(Oddly, the one that took the most tries was actually 10-2. Protip: don't try to go down the right side before activating the left.)

I was the opposite.  I lost when trying the left first and won when I went down the right first.

8 hours ago, VonBlitz said:

Do you guys buy a lot of orbs? Finding it hard to get good 4/5 stars heroes to actually keep up. 

Nope, too broke for that~!  Learn your unit's strengths and weaknesses, then work around them~!

10-5 gave me no issues since the lance horse did 2 damage to Camilla, and Ryoma was able to steamroll 3/5 of the map.  The final showdown was Ike vs. Ephraim, both with Swordbreaker, so yeah. . .

10-4 was pretty funny because Ryoma neatly countered Soren, and Camilla murdered the blue horse/archer.  Thanks to the fact that Camilla was at stupid-low health, and I gave her Escape Route 1 for whatever reason, I was able to make the AI run Ike in circles, so Ephraim didn't need to fight.

Not sure what I'll do with 10-3, since I need to bring an axe user.  Maybe I'll have Ephraim sit this out, and run Cherche for Fortify Defense.  Regardless, Camilla needs to come along, because she murders Mist/Bruno easily.  Ryoma's job is remove Soren from the map.

10-2 consisted of Camilla beating up blues, named characters dying to Ryoma, and the one red mage getting insta-blicked by Ephraim.

10-1 was the dancing map - Camilla/Ryoma alternated spots to take out the cavaliers.  Since I didn't want Ryoma to run around near-death, Lucius patched him up.  He also helped to beat up the red mage.

One thing I noticed for AI manipulation in 10-4 is that the blue cav mage really fixates. If you have three units who can take on and kill the upper enemies, a decoy running left to right and back near the bottom will cause the cav to keep switching between which walls it tries to break. Since both walls have 2 HP, it's possible to waste a whole lot of his time while not getting a respawn for his slot.

The top tends to spawn a lot of greens, with a blue thrown in (on top of the starting archer), so I think it's worth bringing either two strong reds and a green; or a red, green and a healer (the bait is whatever, but should probably be a red with 2+ move to entice the blue cav even more).

10-5 has the enemies easy to bait, but they've got pretty massive amounts of tank (+Atk Rein can't one-round the lance cav, for one; and Titania has enough Def and Spd to not get insta-gibbed at TA WTD versus 47 Atk and 39 Spd) with WoM Mist to help stall things out. A really strong red or green kind of destroys most of the left side, though (opening up the opportunity for a lance like Sharena to run in and out-duel Ike).

15 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

There's no video of it at the very least. 10-4 is pretty tough, but is 10-5 that difficult? I felt that each unit was pretty easy to bait out, meaning you can almost deal with each of them separatly. Guess the time limit might be annoying?

Ah okay. Yeah 10-4 is difficult because I can't deal with enemies on both sides. To be honest, I haven't played 10-5 yet so I'm not sure. But I'm assuming so because it's typically the last battle of the chapter. Relieved to hear it wasn't the case and I should've known that cause no one had Embla's Ward.

I've completed them with several retries for one of them (10-2 I think), a Light's Blessing for 10-4 (I think that's the one with the walls on either side - I just couldn't be bothered to go through it all again after just one unit died), and a retry for two of the other chapters. 10-1 was the only one I didn't need to retry at all. Used some stamina potions, but I have plenty. 

Ryoma was crucial for me throughout the Lunatic missions. Bunny!Chrom was my axe user, and I even brought him along to the final round to give the reluctant lance cavalier a nice little target. Kagero took down Ike with some help from Azura's dance, but Ryoma cleared Titania, Soren and Mist, like the good swordie he is :D I had originally tried Julia, but she couldn't get rid of Mist. This worked out a lot better. 

The other maps were pretty much retreat, retreat, retreat, ATTACK!

10-2 (is that the rout one?) gave me grief at first 'cos I just couldn't figure out which units to bring. In the end, Reinhardt cleared the red mage, Ryoma got rid of Titania... then I gave Julia swap and she not only tanked the fliers hits, but she also destroyed Mist. So she was definitely crucial for me for that one.