Shadows of Valentia Save Editing/Save Bank

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I just found out after hunting for rusted weapons.

And about the ancient ring, thats what I thought. I couldn't find it anywhere.

I returned from my weekend off, we are close to releasing some tool.

1 hour ago, blackroseyagami said:

I tried this and got Sol

I wonder if your was on Celica´s convoy as mine was on Alm´s

I was playing with celica as leader in endgame. I made a mistake while writing that, somehow I had memorized that luna was the lance, sorry!

On 4/26/2017 at 8:56 AM, Missing said:

TL;DR: Save editing is indeed possible for Shadows of Valentia, but it's a little more complicated than that.

So as we all know, SoV just recently was released in Japan, and was leaked even before the official JP release. Not much research has been done into saves, but theoretically, if it's anything like Fates, a save editor should be simple, right?

Wrong.

For some reason, IS decided to switch up the way saves were written, making them generally a headache to decipher. Here is what has been figured out about the saves so far:

Items:

Reveal hidden contents

Items CAN be successfully edited, but it kind of has a couple caveats. Firstly, items can only be changed, not added, or at least as of now. Secondly, and more importantly, items appear to be encoded in a much more complicated manner than in prior games, using a hex string that is likely a checksum of some sort, as well as possibly holding item exp. data. The problem with this is that the strings differ from item to item, making it difficult to edit the vast majority of items in whose strings are unknown.

And that's where you come in!

What you need:

3DS Homebrew

A copy of SoV, digital or physical

JKSM

A computer

A zipping program (Windows explorer can do this)

1. Install homebrew, if you haven't already. Open up SoV and store everything that everyone (both Alm and Celica's parties, if you can access both) is holding at the moment. Save your game.

2. Switch over to JKSM and make a backup of this save. Call the folder Save1.

3. Go back to SoV and give an item that's not on the list of item codes to someone in your party. Save again.

4. Switch back to JKSM and backup this save as well. Call the folder Save2.

5. Now get Save1 and Save2 on your computer somehow. You can put your SD card in your computer, transfer over MicroSD Management if you have an N3DS, whatever.

6. Zip up Save1 and Save2, and reply to this post with the .zip files attached, along with what item you gave the character.

Item list:

Hide contents

Golden Dagger: 0D 00 00 00 11 D2 EB 9D 4B 41 83 D5
Moldy Cheese: C6 00 00 00 AD 51 88 69 AD BB 76 FE
Flour: C5 00 00 00 F5 97 6C BF BF E7 0E 64

If you want to try editing your own save, you're going to have all of the items necessary for uploading your save above, as well as FEST, which can be found here, and the hex editor of your choice.

1. Open up JKSM and export your current save. I recommend making a backup folder as well.

2. Put your SD card in your computer/use MicroSD management, whatever, just get the folder(s) on your computer.

3.Now open the save folder you want to edit up, and drag the Chapter0/Chapter1/Chapter2 file out (whichever save slot you want to edit). Drag the file onto FEST.exe. The program should run and create a new file called Chapter0_dec. 

4. The items are found near the bottom of the file, but the save size differs from person to person, so I can't really tell you where. You should see something like 02 00 repeating a  whole bunch, and if you have any items in your file, something that looks like this: 02 01 XX 00 00 00 XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX. This is where you're going to want to copy over your item code. Keep in mind that items can't be added right now, only replaced, so whatever item that is is gone. Double-check to make sure that this item is the one you want to overwrite. Copy+paste the item code you want from the list over the old values right after the 01. Save the file, and delete the old Chapter0 save if you haven't already.

5. Drag Chapter0_dec onto FEST, which will recompile your save. Delete Chapter0_dec, or optionally store it elsewhere. Move the new Chapter0 file generated by FEST back into your save folder on your SD card.

6. Load the save using JKSM, and enjoy!

Character Editing:

To be added later

Post any save editing discoveries you've made here as well!

Alm holding Luna.

FE_Echoes__Shadows_of_Valentia Alm holding Luna.zip

Alm holding 1 star Zweihander.

FE_Echoes_Alm holding 1 star Zweihander.zip

Edited by Lyon's Dirge
Added new zip file

3 minutes ago, XemnasTheDarkLord said:

I tried this out, but had no such luck. Should I just send my zip files over and have someone do this for me?

Do you have access to both Alm's and Celica's convoys? Because if you don't and don't see it in Alm's convoy or Celica's convoy it's probably in the others.

There's a lot of codes on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/685h2s/save_editing_so_far_in_shadows_of_valentia/divva2c/?context=3

Edited by Lyon's Dirge

3 minutes ago, Lyon's Dirge said:

Do you have access to both Alm's and Celica's convoys? Because if you don't and don't see it in Alm's convoy or Celica's convoy it's probably in the others.

There's a lot of codes on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/685h2s/save_editing_so_far_in_shadows_of_valentia/divva2c/?context=3

Yes. I have access to both convoys, but what I meant is that I don't understand how to do all this. Is it possible to put a step-to-step guide? I followed what was said, but when I tried to open the decompressed folder, I had trouble. I was basically kicks out and couldn't apply the codes. What am I doing wrong?

10 minutes ago, XemnasTheDarkLord said:

Yes. I have access to both convoys, but what I meant is that I don't understand how to do all this. Is it possible to put a step-to-step guide? I followed what was said, but when I tried to open the decompressed folder, I had trouble. I was basically kicks out and couldn't apply the codes. What am I doing wrong?

Did you use HxD? Try using HxD Hex Editor. It might be the program you're using.

1 minute ago, XemnasTheDarkLord said:

Really? Can you send me the link?

Here you are. Use Ctrl + F to pull up the search bar. Change the Datatype to Hex-values, choose All search direction, and remember to put spaces in between the hex code.

Edited by Lyon's Dirge

Just now, XemnasTheDarkLord said:

Thanks. It's the English one right? I'm from USA

Yes. Use Ctrl + F to pull up the search bar. Change the Datatype to Hex-values, choose All search direction, and remember to put spaces in between the hex code.

13 minutes ago, Lyon's Dirge said:

Yes. Use Ctrl + F to pull up the search bar. Change the Datatype to Hex-values, choose All search direction, and remember to put spaces in between the hex code.

Quick question. How do i know which hex code is Alm's item? And how do i put it in and save it? I gave him an orange by the way

1 minute ago, XemnasTheDarkLord said:

Quick question. How do i know which hex code is Alm's item? And how do i put it in and save it? I gave him an orange by the way

The hex code for orange is 02 01 B6 00 00 00 B4 71 B4 F0 EE 74 8F 10. And you should've kept the orange in the convoy because I'm not sure if the hex code will remain the same if someone is holding it.

There's a bunch of codes in this thread. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/685h2s/save_editing_so_far_in_shadows_of_valentia/

7 minutes ago, Lyon's Dirge said:

The hex code for orange is 02 01 B6 00 00 00 B4 71 B4 F0 EE 74 8F 10. And you should've kept the orange in the convoy because I'm not sure if the hex code will remain the same if someone is holding it.

There's a bunch of codes in this thread. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/685h2s/save_editing_so_far_in_shadows_of_valentia/

So....do i just replace the top hex code with what i want?

6 minutes ago, XemnasTheDarkLord said:

So....do i just replace the top hex code with what i want?

Yes. Just replace the orange hex code with whatever other hex code you want. If you don't see your new item it means you have more than one orange so check Celica's convoy or something.

Edited by Lyon's Dirge