Echoes english opening and prologue

So many people are going to be triggered by the pronunciation of  "Mila".
Opening music is still as great as ever.
Buzz off, Faye. You're as frustrating as a child as you are as an adult. 
"What's a knight doing here? Big fan of manure or something?" ...I can just hear the complaints now...
Slayde sounds like a freakin' Disney villain. Can't pinpoint his VA.
Gray, I like you.
First time in the series "piss" has been said. Slayde has graduated from Disney villaindom.
Welp, Mycen's VA was indeed the narrator from a few of the trailers.
I'll stop here and leave past the prologue fresh. 

Edited by The DanMan

All in all, I'm pretty hyped. This voiced dialogue was well directed from what I've heard. The one thing that still bugs me is the last "Celica!" scream. It bugged me in the Japanese version cause it sounded a bit hammy. Here, kyle's voice kinda cracks a bit. Bit that's one very minor nitpick.

man they did a really good job with the prologue and stuff

like, in gaiden it was just that some guy shows up and asks mycen to help him but when alm asks him he says no so alm gets his buddies and they go on their adventure

but here you can really see the bond between alm and celica, and you can tell that a big part of the reason alm trains so hard and wants to leave the village is so he can meet her again after so many years. i love how much they added to alm's character here. i think it's great how much they managed to expand on the character and motivations of someone with like, 10 lines of dialogue

although I have to admit, I laughed a little when alm said "Every day in this place is exactly the same as the next. I know I'm meant for more than this!" because I was immediately reminded of the first song from beauty and the beast

the other characters are pretty fun so far too. you can clearly tell what they were going for with each of them but it doesn't get to the point of being annoying or predictable

but yeah I think they did a great job with the prologue. the dialogue is all really nice, i've liked all the characters so far, and i haven't had any issues with the voice acting. i liked pretty much everything here and i'm really looking forward to playing it

i really hope I can get a 3ds soon

Edited by unique

I am in love with the voice acting. And I'm especially happy that first scene with Alm and Celica and the stabby-stabby was good. Also them calling Mycen grandpapa was adorable.

Holy crap, the voice acting sounds excellent so far. Especially Mycen ans Gray. I love their voices too much. Also, nice to see that they are building up the romance between Celica and Alm right from the beginning of the game.

Anyway, Is It just an impression of mine or does Slayder sound similar to Corey Smith?

Oh good, the scream that Alm calls out to Celica's name didn't get it messed it up in the English Voice Over Dialogue. I did heard Alm screaming mispronouncing Celica's name as "Sega" which it's actually "Serika" in the Japanese version since that which it's pretty much a mistake in the dialogue since I did took a Japanese class.

Edit: Aww shoot, that guy skipped some of the lines in the prologue in the video. I wanted to hear the rest of the conversation with Faye, Kliff, and Gray and the rest of the what happened to the Slayde and the captured children.

Edited by King Marth 64

4 minutes ago, The Malign Knight said:

Anyway, Is It just an impression of mine or does Slayder sound similar to Corey Smith?

knew it reminded me of someone, but I couldn't remember who.  i was definitely thinking of him though, but i'm not entirely sure if it is

definitely does sound a bit like him

Edited by unique

Kliff: Right, let's get impaled on the same lance

Alm: We could do it together. The fighting, i mean. Not the lance.

I laughed.

All the voices are spot-on. Much better than Fates.

Spoiler

Faye seems to be slightly toned down from her Japanese version but it's still to early to judge.

Oh and it's cool, whoever is recording this. I didn't want to hear what Kliff said at the end anyway (I totally did want to hear what he said but the guy clicke the A button too fast)

Huh, Celica and Mycen's relationship feels a bit different from the Japanese version, though that might just be my insufficient Japanese skills at work alongside with my memory being slightly jumbled. I just got the impression she was super formal with him, and in the Japanese version she didn't say "you just have to promise to always be my grandpapa", she carefully asked if she could still call him grandfather, and he was taken aback, but was happy.

Good voice acting!

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Kliff: Right, let's get impaled on the same lance

Alm: We could do it together. The fighting, i mean. Not the lance.

I laughed.

All the voices are spot-on. Much better than Fates.

I didn't particularly think the voices in Fates were bad (not the English ones, anyway)...

But I do think the combination of full voice-acting and the minor characters being more involved with the story really help bring the cast to life.  I always hated in Fates that the only time minor characters spoke up in the story is when they're recruited, and I can't express enough how much I love that they involve those characters more in Echoes.  I'll say it's also better than Awakening in that regard.  And so far, I'm lovin' the three original villagers.  Sorry Faye, but I still don't like that crush you have on Alm, and I still feel the need to tell Celica to be careful around you.

1 hour ago, Ertrick36 said:

I didn't particularly think the voices in Fates were bad (not the English ones, anyway)...

I don't think the voices were bad either. A lot of them were pretty good. I just thought the acting was bad. Many lines seemed to forced and didn't seem like anyone was trying. Especially Hisame.

Anyways, I'm really excited to see more voice-acted scenes. I kind of wish they got younger people to do the acting for them, because I'm not a fan of adult's doing kid voices, but they did alright. Can't wait to hear everyone else's.

40 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

35 minutes ago, KongDude88 said:

I don't think the voices were bad either. A lot of them were pretty good.

Yeah, they weren't bad. I liked a decent amount of Fates' English voices (some were off though, like Effie's). But like, Echoes' English voices blows it out of the water. Legit, Echoes' English voice acting is like Kid Icarus Uprising level of voice acting in my eyes.

40 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Sorry Faye, but I still don't like that crush you have on Alm, and I still feel the need to tell Celica to be careful around you.

The path of the Faye fan is a lonely one.

Spoiler

I say "fan" but that's just a fancy way of saying I don't hate her. I will say that my opinion on her has improved a bit after actually hearing her talk. Before, we were just reading dialogue. But actually hearing it makes a difference. Plus, i liked seeing her get along with the other villagers.

The real question is, can she get along with Slique?

Edited by Armagon

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

The path of the Faye fan is a lonely one.

Hide contents

I say "fan" but that's just a fancy way of saying I don't hate her. I will say that my opinion on her has improved a bit after actually hearing her talk. Before, we were just reading dialogue. But actually hearing it makes a difference. Plus, i liked seeing her get along with the other villagers.

The real question is, can she get along with Slique?

I don't hate her either really. I just prefer pretty much every other female character over her. Lol

It's a shame she and Kliff aren't plot relevant like Gray and Tobin. That would've given them more dialogue and more for us to see. I wonder if they'll do something about her ending though.

Edited by KongDude88

this is really good! I'm really digging faye's voice, and child gray's too. The dialogue is amazing.

wasn't kliff impaled by a lance in the gaiden manga? because i found his line funny and I love his dry humor a lot, but then I remembered reading that somewhere and got sad.

25 minutes ago, Shadowess said:

this is really good! I'm really digging faye's voice, and child gray's too. The dialogue is amazing.

Hide contents

wasn't kliff impaled by a lance in the gaiden manga? because i found his line funny and I love his dry humor a lot, but then I remembered reading that somewhere and got sad.

haha

yes, actually, but I wouldn't have remembered that myself

that probably wasn't on purpose but now it's even funnier

Fuckkkkk, Slayde's voice is so hottttt.  Like damn, I rarely have such a strong liking for a voice.

All the voice acting sounds amazing.  I will say, at first I had my doubts when it was first announced, but hearing it in practice now solidifies its value.  I much prefer this to the partial dialogue in Awakening and Fates. 

I love Mycen as well, his blunt tongue is fitting.