(RUMOR) More Fire Emblem Remakes MAY Be Coming Under 'Fire Emblem Echoes' Title

Busterman64

...I know, I know...This isn't exactly confirmed, but......THE CHANCES ARE SOOO LIKELY!!! :KnollRoll:

Anyone else's thoughts on this? 

......Also, what do you guys think of these possible names for (possible) future games:

Fire Emblem Echoes: The Holy War of Jugdral(Genealogy of the Holy War)

Fire Emblem Echoes: Rise of the Lost King(Tharcia 776)

Fire Emblem Echoes: Tales of the Binded Blade(Binding Blade)

Fire Emblem Echoes: Dark Days of Elibe(Blazing Sword)

Fire Emblem Echoes: Tales of the Sacred Stones(Sacred Stones)

Fire Emblem Echoes: The Saga of Tellius(Path of Radiance)

Fire Emblem Echoes: Uprising Dawn(Radiant Dawn)

...I may be getting a little too excited, but...I don't care darn it:Joshua:

We finally did it.

SF -> Internet -> SF

I can retire in peace now.

In all seriousness, I'll admit that I haven't seen the video (about to sleep), but if I had to hazard a guess, it's related to a very touchy subject among our translators.

11 minutes ago, Busterman64 said:

Anyone else's thoughts on this?

Considering the source was my thread and it was misquoted, I wasn't very happy.

I talked to Derrick and he will be appending this to the description and as a pinned comment:

CLARIFICATION: Because the context of the quote was incomplete, things may not be as they seem in this interview. According to the translator, the full quote is: We thought we shouldn't use "Gaiden" again for the title right from the start of the project. But we wanted a title that had the same effect like we did with the world. So we tried thinking of an English equivalent to replace it. That's when we were inspired to use "Echoes". In short, Intelligent Systems believed they shouldn't be using Gaiden in the title so not to confuse players. Rather than use "New Gaiden" like they originally intended, they decided on Echoes.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Hmmmmmm, yeah, I really should have seen this coming.

I ended up commenting on the video with a removal request. But I edited it after seeing your response here.

Anyway, I am super happy that sites are covering this news, but... they are all doing it far too early. Not that most of them know, which is probably my fault at the end of the day.

Once the full interview is out, you can bet not even a third of those sites will post about it. Because it's not interesting for them.

8 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Once the full interview is out, you can bet not even a third of those sites will post about it. Because it's not interesting for them.

The sad truth, unfortunately.

3 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

Considering the source was my thread and it was misquoted, I wasn't very happy.

I talked to Derrick and he will be appending this to the description and as a pinned comment:

Oops, sorry man. It would be bad if I helped make it bigger then it actually is. I was too happy that all I thought of was spreading this news. Hope you don't mind too much...and again...Sorry... :(:

0c8fd1399b0cf2127d985a7c842e64d10b4e3412

Edited by Busterman64

5 minutes ago, Busterman64 said:

Oops, sorry man. It would be bad if I helped make it bigger then it actually is. I was too happy that all I thought of was spreading this news. Hope you don't mind too much...and again...Sorry... :(:

I wouldn't worry about. Your intentions were good, which was the important thing.

It's the responsibility of websites to check the facts, not you, the contributors.

Just now, shadowofchaos said:

Hoo wow.

*Thumbs up*

I know it's just one site and ultimately won't stop the forest fire, but it's a very welcome gesture, especially coming from a pretty big and reputable site. Also, it's a huge gamble when they could've just played it safe and rake in the hits.

Good work on getting them to change their minds too!

2 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

*Thumbs up*

I know it's just one site and ultimately won't stop the forest fire, but it's a very welcome gesture, especially coming from a pretty big and reputable site. Also, it's a huge gamble when they could've just played it safe and rake in the hits.

Good work on getting them to change their minds too!

Vince, if I can... I'd like to drag you into the Twitter DMs with him along with Kirokan.

Thanks all, the situation here at least has been cleared up.

To keep it simple: The quote is not wrong and there may be more remakes under the Echoes name. However, the journey to the quote is missing, so one cannot read the quote as intended. As a result, many people are mistakenly believing Echoes remakes to be a certainty, rather than a possibility.