When do you think Diamond and Pearl will get re-made?

The DanMan

As many of us know, Sun and Moon had their share of Sinnoh teases. And with ORAS coming out the better part of three years and a generation ago (man time flies), they're obviously next in line to be remade. The question is not "if" but "when?"

Now, before I say anymore I need to give credit where credit is due: Lockstin's recent video inspired me on this (though some of the actual content of the vid was a bit far out and he's still trying to plug his convoluted reboot theory). I think there's a 50/50 chance that Diamond and Pearl remakes will come out this year.

Why do I think that?
First of all, Gamefreak's said that with Pokemon releases as of late they try to do what isn't expected (see: B2W2 instead of Gray, no "third version" entirely for XY). ORAS came out one year after XY, and FRLG came out one year after the original RS-- a remake coming out right after the start of a new generation isn't unheard of (though phrasing it that way you could argue this flies in the face of "doing the unexpected"). But two remakes on the same system is

They'd have the surprise factor and Nintendo would have a suitable holiday title to sate investors (actually, their investors report coming out tomorrow is what made me want to go ahead and make this topic) not sold on the Switch's success. Plus, they'd make the games' 10th anniversary internationally.
But as I said, I give this a 50/50.

Edited by The DanMan

Eventually, I hope. I have a slight feeling they may not remake it, but I wouldn't flip a table if they did as Gen 4 is my favorite generation.

So, I say about 60/40. They've remade all the earlier games, so there is a chance they will keep up the pattern. However, there is also a chance that they'll stop remaking the earlier games to focus more on future ones.

One just never knows what will happen.

As much as I'd like to see Diamond and Pearl remade (Pearl was my first Pokemon game), I don't like speculating about it. Just as you said, Gamefreak is trying to be unpredictable, therefore, who's to say they even are making remakes? Regardless, I feel we just got new remakes (wait, in 2014? Wow, time flies) so I feel it will be long before they come out, if at all.

If you look at how Gamefreak announces and releases pokemon games, the announcement is always in the first and second quarters of the year, then released in late fall. And if you're holding out for E3, they've never announced a new mainline entry or remake of a pokemon game at E3. Spinoffs like mystery dungeon may have.

This is the precedent of release that leads me to believe no pokemon is coming at the end of this year, unless we're about to be surprised some how in the coming weeks of May. Gamefreak can say they like to mix up expectations, and naturally anything is possible. But that tells us nothing of what we should expect. I'm certain GameFreak is pressured to get a major game on Switch, and that may lead to their "third version"/port of Sun and Moon, but that's just conjecture.

Edited by Gustavos

I don't think they'll ever get remade, but I hope they are, so the Hoenn fans can witness the true epicness of Sinnoh unbound by the limitations of the DS compared to Hoenn, haha. :D

Didn't people say Hoenn games would never get remade? I don't see why they wouldn't remake D/P/Pt... It isn't like it wouldn't make money anyway. GF throws a pokemon game and everyone drools over it. I think it might be out in a year or two (maybe 3).

Edited by SlayerX

I'd actually be more shocked if a Sinnoh remake didn't happen, especially now that Megas are a thing.  I remember a lot of people saying that a Hoenn reboot wouldn't happen, and now we have Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.  I don't really see a reason for a remake to not happen.  I really liked the Delta Episode and I think it would be cool to see something similar for a Sinnoh game remake.

Edited by Spoiler Alert
Reworded some things.

I am kind of really hoping the pokemon games don't go on the switch... I don't have one

Although, if they do release it on the switch, I hope they do like a less fancy version for the 3DS.

Edited by SlayerX

On 4/26/2017 at 10:33 PM, Gustavos said:

unless we're about to be surprised some how in the coming weeks of May. 

Hrm, they removed the Feb 2016 Pokemon Direct from the archive. And this just a day after that suspicious slot on the Japanese direct archive got noticed...plus May holds some precedent. Could they...?

Anyway whether it's DP remakes or Stars, I'm hoping it's on Switch. Nintendo's saying they plan to support the 3DS throughout 2017, but could you imagine four series' of pokemon games on 3DS? True, the DS got four, but I'd argue Black and White and its sequel series counts more as a 1.5 than a 2. 

I still use my original 3DS, and it barely ran Sun and Moon single battles. Double Battles and Z moves just made the game look super un-optimized with its frame drops, and I stayed completely away from the 4 player royale mode because I hated watching the action that way. The lack of touch screen functionality implied the game was built with other, single screen systems in mind too. DP was the first touch screen pokemon game and the poke'tch was pretty rudimentary. My favorite app was the one with no functionality other than displaying my team's health. Oh! I really want to try that underground mode where you play tag with people and find their secret base. I will be king of the earth.

I'm guessing this year, as one last push for the 3DS. I think "Stars", or whatever they do next with the series will be on the Switch, so that gives a pretty tight time frame as Nintendo moves away from the 3DS, which they're doing more and more as the Switch turns out to be an unexpected success.

Edited by Slumber

23 hours ago, Gustavos said:

I still use my original 3DS, and it barely ran Sun and Moon single battles.

What are you talking about?  I'm using an original 3DS as well and single battles run fine for me.  I've noticed a bit of lag, but it's nothing worse than what I saw with Pokemon X at times. 

On 5/8/2017 at 8:18 PM, SlayerX said:

I am kind of really hoping the pokemon games don't go on the switch... I don't have one

Same at least not all-in on the Switch so soon.  Honestly, I don't like the idea of being alienated so quickly for not having the disposable income for the Switch right now.  The New 2DS is coming out, and Nintendo could always do a cross-platform release for the 3DS family and the Switch.  Pokemon Platinum was originally on the DS so I if a remake came out in the next year or so I would be more surprised if it wouldn't be available for the 3DS family.

Edited by Spoiler Alert
Forgot a word.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope we get an announcement soon! Though not too soon because I want to fill up my Diamond Pokedex as much as I can. lol Gen 4 is my fav and was the first generation of Pokemon games that I got to own, so I replayed Diamond as a hype playthrough for the remakes. :P I could've gone to my copy of Platinum instead, but it wouldn't have the same feeling since Platinum won't be the remake, Diamond and Pearl will be. And I like Dialga better than Palkia and I didn't have a file on my copy of Diamond at the time (or, well, I thought I didn't. Turns out I had loaned it to my late younger brother at some point since the file on the game had his name on it. But he's not around anymore and didn't even play Pokemon anymore anyway, so yeah).

That said, I do really want Sparkling Diamond and Shining Pearl (these are my fan names for the remakes. :3) to have some of Platinum's elements and more. Mainly this stuff:

- Giratina and the Distortion World in some form, even if it's post-game a la Rayquaza's Delta Episode.

- Platinum's Pokedex, because we all know how bad DP's actual dex is. xP (only TWO Fire type lines, seriously...)

- Platinum's wider abundance of snow to show how Sinnoh is generally a colder region than the others.

- ONLINE IN THE UNDERGROUND! Seriously, I think I can safely say few people were able to get Spiritomb without trading. Also, lower the number of people you have to talk to to get it. 32 is just too much.

- And speaking of the Underground, ditch the boulders in the secret bases. What really was the point of those?

- Staying on the topic of the Underground, what if we could dig up Mega Stones or Z-crystals there? :o Maybe not ALL of them, but some!

- And speaking of which, Mega forms for the Sinnoh starters! Also include the Z-ring and special Z-crystals for them too, to give players a choice on whether they want to use Mega Infernape or Infernape + Infernium Z for instance. More gameplay options = more fun!

- And maybe expand/change the regional Pokedex a bit to include Sinnoh variations of some Alola or past Pokemon? How about Sinnohan Bounsweet and Sinnohan Blitzle? Not sure what types they'd be though.

- Bring back all of Platinum's catchable legendaries, including the Kanto birds, but remove the roaming from the roamers. FIVE roaming legendaries in Platinum was so overkill, especially when the birds had freaking ROOST. Also, add the Regis as catchable legendaries, because they're required to get Regigigas and they currently cannot be obtained anymore except through a transfer from ORAS and Pokemon Bank and we don't know if it will be accessible since these games could be on the Switch and probably will be.

- Make one of Arceus, Shaymin, Manaphy, or Darkrai a non-event catchable legendary like Deoxys got to be in ORAS. Only fair. :P

- And I think lots of people want this one: the Battle Frontier! I wouldn't mind seeing it back.

Edited by Anacybele

I would like to see a remake of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl not to forget the sequel which is platinum.

Maybe the will do a episode like they did with ORAS and the delta episode 

Might make it sound like " Platinum Episode " ???

I don't know, but I know at least that the plot of that game was decent and the gameplay was actually better than others.

• 4 weeks later...

Nintendo is unpredictable. It's hard to tell what Nintendo has up their sleeve in the next coming years. Who know's though? Maybe, we will have a remake for Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. Time will only tell.

Edited by Ayato