First Villager's Fork now available; which of your characters is getting it?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/12/2017 at 2:09 PM, IGdood said:

I wish there was a perma-villager class like the super trainees of sacred stones.

There's no class caps, so you can always abuse the Dread Fighter loop to get a max stat villager if you don't mind the mov.

Giving the Villager's Fork to Forsyth after promoting him to a knight. Most players on reddit generally have a negative opinion of him as a soldier and his growths seem better suited for a mercenary rather than a soldier. I'll probably save the second villager's fork for some other unit postgame.

Boots are going to one of the Mage units. I'll probably give it to either Kliff or Celica.

1 hour ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

Giving the Villager's Fork to Forsyth after promoting him to a knight. Most players on reddit generally have a negative opinion of him as a soldier and his growths seem better suited for a mercenary rather than a soldier. I'll probably save the second villager's fork for some other unit postgame.

Boots are going to one of the Mage units. I'll probably give it to either Kliff or Celica.

Soldier/Knight line isn't too good as they're locked in 4 move the whole way basically.

49 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Soldier/Knight line isn't too good as they're locked in 4 move the whole way basically.

True, but honestly, since all the maps in this game are route, I don't think 4 move is too much of an issue assuming the player isn't going for LTC. That being said, I don't think Forsyth's growths are really suited for his class.

4 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

With Warp/Rescue strategies they could be good for EP, softening up enemies and then getting rescued and healed on the next Player Phase.

17 minutes ago, Hoshidokoala said:

If I gave mine to Silque and made her a Priestess, would she still be a viable unit?

Not really.

She would only have Fire, Thunder and Recover as spells and sword access and she would lose all access to Nosferatu, Warp, Dear, Invoke and Seraphim.

Really, you should not class change any Cleric or female Mage IMO since they are honestly best at being those things.

For whatever it's worth, Mae, Sonya, and Delthea all have unique spell sets as Clerics, but that doesn't seem to apply in reverse for Silque, Genny, or Tatiana, sadly.

As for my two Villager's Forks, I can think of a certain redheaded Paladin I want to make into a Mage for his non-generic spell list, even if only for the novelty of it. Plus, I like him and he deserves the extra level ups.

Incidentally, is there any reason to keep Mathilda in the Cavalier line over making her a Pegasus Knight? It seems to me like she could only benefit from the change, since you could grab her the Gold Knight promotion bonuses, then give her a nifty pair of wings and automatic Terror-slaying properties without sabotaging her stats in the slightest.

Edited by Topaz Light

Forsyth and Lukas are my main candidates for the Villager's Fork right now. I might keep Lukas as a Soldier though and use the Fork somewhere else. Not sure who it would be though, maybe one of the 1,000 Dread Fighters Celica gets for more variation in classes. It feels kind of like a waste considering they can turn into a villager upon reaching level 10 in Dread Fighter, but at the same time that wont be until later in the game, so reclassing one might not be a bad idea.

Edited by Tolvir

Python and Luthier. Maybe Boey instead of Luthier but diffinently Python.

Python to Merc and Luthier to Archer. If I use Boey, then Boey to Cavalier.

35 minutes ago, MrPerson0 said:

Mila's Bounty 05 in just arrived in Japan. Has a third Villager's Fork and I think an amulet that raises Res.

The Coral Ring? Or the statbooster?

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

58 minutes ago, Tsak said:

my question is when are mila's bounty 2-5 coming in america? cuz i really want those villager forks like 1 act ago lol

Mila's Bounty 2 arrived one week after the first one. Mila's Bounty 3 arrived five days after the second one. Mila's Bounty 4 arrived ten days later, and Mila's Bounty 5 arrived today (twelve days later). So we might see the same schedule, but North America/Europe could change it.

Man that's a tough decision as there are characters on both routes I would like to use it on. Clive, maybe Boey, there's also Luthier or Force perhaps Python. Valbaar would be another awesome choice. I would probably make my decision based on who do I like the most that is also not a mercenary. It's hard to say as I can't think of any characters that I have an intense disdain for. It would probably boil down to whoever could become a mercenary by becoming a villager. Meaning that unfortunately Matilda would not be a candidate for the fork even though she's a pretty cool character and an awesome unit to boot.

6 hours ago, SavageVolug said:

Man that's a tough decision as there are characters on both routes I would like to use it on. Clive, maybe Boey, there's also Luthier or Force perhaps Python. Valbaar would be another awesome choice. I would probably make my decision based on who do I like the most that is also not a mercenary. It's hard to say as I can't think of any characters that I have an intense disdain for. It would probably boil down to whoever could become a mercenary by becoming a villager. Meaning that unfortunately Matilda would not be a candidate for the fork even though she's a pretty cool character and an awesome unit to boot.

I would argue that she would make a better falcon knight, so I wouldn't totally rule her out

Edited by Silverdawn77

I would give my pitchfork to Tatiana. I really like her unique Fortify spell, and that's the only way to max out her stats.

Otherwise maybe Clive would be my second candidate, as my Mathilda desperately needs a support partner, cuz he might be better in other classes than cav..

Not going to give it to Lukas though, as his support list is rather limited and the character is pretty boring imo.

Heard that Clair's villager design is pretty neat, so if you get extra pitchforks, check it out ! :)

2 hours ago, Silverdawn77 said:

I would argue that she would make a better falcon knight, so I wouldn't totally rule her out

Oh yeah you're right I was forgetting about that. I was thinking more along the lines of if the aim is to eventually make someone either a mercenary or a cavalier, but yes that also would be a valid option.