First Villager's Fork now available; which of your characters is getting it?

From 27th April, you can download the "Gift from the Goddess 2" for free via the DLC menu. (Only for the Japanese version right now, obviously.)

This grants you an elusive Villager's Fork, an item that cannot be obtained in the base game. When held by a character not Alm or Celica, that character can Class Change to a Villager at any Mila Shrine. This can be done at any stage of their career, except if they are already a Villager.

So far, this is the only Villager's Fork available and we don't know if there will be more in the future, although hopefully there will be!

Anyway, who's getting your Villager's Fork?

I quickly gave mine to Faye since I regret not making her a Cleric. Flipping heck, she's killin' it as a Villager and gaining levels in no time. I think I might leave her as a Villager for a while...

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you tried and see if you can turn Faye as a Mage to see if she still has those Cleric/Saints Arts Skills with her? I kinda wondered if the Arts Skills will be kept for any kind of classes that uses the same weapons when it gets reclassed back to Villager and use the previous Art Skills that one of the characters that we used in their base class line for deciding to promote to a different class line?

Edited by King Marth 64

29 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Did you tried and see if you can turn Faye as a Mage to see if she still has those Cleric/Saints Arts Skills with her? I kinda wondered if the Arts Skills will be kept for any kind of classes that uses the same weapons when it gets reclassed back to Villager and use the previous Art Skills that one of the characters that we used in their base class line for deciding to promote to a different class line?

You mean magic spells? Combat Arts/Skills are separate from magic.

Anyway, I don't have two Villager Forks to make her a Cleric and Mage. But I did try it on Silque.

If she becomes a Mage, she gains Fire and Thunder immediately.

If she becomes a Cleric, she gains Nosferatu, Recover and Warp.

Before becoming a Villager, she was a Level ??/9 Saint (with Angel, Nosferatu, Recover, Warp, Dear and Illusion).

25 minutes ago, Knight Adam said:

Does this mean that the item is free until July or will it be gone forever after that? Or is the DLC available on that day?

Oops, silly me, I was working on something else and put "July" instead of "April". Is starts today and will be available forever (or at least until the eShop closes etc.).

1 hour ago, VincentASM said:

Anyway, I don't have two Villager Forks to make her a Cleric and Mage. But I did try it on Silque.

Does she keep her spells if she changes careers?

I just tested a few reclasses. As a Villager, units with head armor lose them, and their color schemes are definitely kept, at least as a Villager, though I'd have to train up units without saving to check that for sure. 

Here's Clair, because her blue looks amazing on the dress.

Spoiler

IMG_4830.thumb.JPG.a2c71235210f7d1eaed57f2220387aa3.JPG

It really sucks there's only one. I hope a future DLC map lets you get a bunch, because I see a lot of potential with this.

1 hour ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Does she keep her spells if she changes careers?

No, she has no spells as a Villager and when she becomes a Mage or Cleric, those are the skills she has at Level 1.

12 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

I just tested a few reclasses. As a Villager, units with head armor lose them, and their color schemes are definitely kept, at least as a Villager, though I'd have to train up units without saving to check that for sure. 

Reveal hidden contents

It really sucks there's only one. I hope a future DLC map lets you get a bunch, because I see a lot of potential with this.

Can you post a pic of Valbar without the helmet?

7 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

No, she has no spells as a Villager and when she becomes a Mage or Cleric, those are the skills she has at Level 1.

Drat, no Faye with Freeze and Again then

2 minutes ago, Cat Villager said:

Does every character who cannot be Mage/Cleric without Villager's Fork have an individual spell set?

Yes, in fact you can see them on this very site

3 hours ago, Knight Adam said:

I'll probably be giving mine to Clive and make him my second mercenary in Alm's party.

Does this mean that the item is free until July or will it be gone forever after that? Or is the DLC available on that day?

It sounds just like the Anna's Gift DLC for Fates, which were permenant free DLC that could be used once every playthrough. I am surprised the second one came out so soon though.

I am really unsure with mine. Maybe Lukas since Forsythe will be taking the role of armored knight for me. Reclassing him into a different class later might be more benificial for me. Either that or one of the 30 Mercenaries Celica's group gets so they can have another mounted character or armored knight.

Edited by Tolvir

1 minute ago, Tolvir said:

i am really unsure with mine. Maybe Lukas since Forsythe will be taking the role of armored knight for me. Reclassing him into a different class later might be more benificial for me. Either that or one of the 30 Mercenaries Celica's group gets so they can have another mounted character or armored knight.

Mercenaries don't need a Villager's Fork though. Just get them to Level 10 Dread Fighter.

2 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Mercenaries don't need a Villager's Fork though. Just get them to Level 10 Dread Fighter.

Is that still in there? I thought that was just a glitch with Gaiden, and figured it wouldnt make it into the remake. That definitely changes that then. No reason to waste it on them.

EDIT: Glad to see color palletes are kept. I hope this extends to all classes, not just a few of them.

Edited by Tolvir

17 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Reveal hidden contents

I did saw Silque did lose her head thing that she wears when they showed off as a Sage from the A Master Class in Strategy Trailer which it's not possible in the game, since that head piece when used she wears it as a Cleric and a Saint. But, it looks like we learned how did that head piece came off of Silque's head when she isn't in Cleric nor Saint.

Silque%20Sage%20Battle%20Model%20Echoes%

2 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Before becoming a Villager, she was a Level ??/9 Saint (with Angel, Nosferatu, Recover, Warp, Dear and Illusion).

Oops, silly me, I was working on something else and put "July" instead of "April". Is starts today and will be available forever (or at least until the eShop closes etc.).

No, I do meant Arts Skills since I do remembered that Reclassing from Awakening and Fates did keep all characters using the same Skills that they learned from their non-default class line when they reclassing into an another class.

2 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Is that still in there? I thought that was just a glitch with Gaiden, and figured it wouldnt make it into the remake. That definitely changes that then. No reason to waste it on them.

EDIT: Glad to see color palletes are kept. I hope this extends to all classes, not just a few of them.

No idea if it was a glitch or intended feature, but yeah, it's in. My Saber is Level 10+ and I got the message to Class Change.

There are some other weird things that made the jump too. Really curious to see if Luna still works with Clerics...

16 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Can you post a pic of Valbar without the helmet?

I'm actually halfway to Greith's fortress on Celica's side right now, but I can if no one else has once I make my way back around! 

Just now, VincentASM said:

No idea if it was a glitch or intended feature, but yeah, it's in. My Saber is Level 10+ and I got the message to Class Change.

There are some other weird things that made the jump too. Really curious to see if Luna still works with Clerics...

What else made it through? I know the ability to switch characters around at revive shrines is gone, but you can recruit a few characters left behind in Ram.

1 minute ago, King Marth 64 said:

No, I do meant Arts Skills since I do remembered that Reclassing from Awakening and Fates did keep all characters using the same Skills that they learned from their non-default class line when they reclassing into an another class.

Clerics and Saints don't get any Combat Arts, unless you mean the class-specific ones like HP Recovery per turn. Class-specific skills don't carry over; you can already see this with Dread Fighters going to Villager and losing the Res bonus and halving Magic skills.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'm actually not sure. I'll probably end up just hoarding it for post game shenanigans with the Dread Fighter loop.

Btw, what was the first Goddess' Gift? I believe I missed that.

First one was Boots

6 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Do characters keep Combat Arts they've learned or do they lose them when they change equipment?

Character's keep their combat skills learned from weapons, but when the weapon is taken out of their inventory, the skills become greyed out until they wield that weapon again. At least, that's my understanding of it. 

3 hours ago, VincentASM said:

I quickly gave mine to Faye since I regret not making her a Cleric

Same choice most likely, because Again.

But I like my Mage Faye, she's A-okay in my book.

What classes would work well for Lukas outside of Soldier? I imagine Merc wouldnt be too bad, and Cavalier would allow him to continue using lances, but I imagine there are many better cavalier than him. What would be the best outside of Soldier?

13 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Mf BOOTS? Welp I gotta go check that one out. Might go to Celica actually.

I've found that selling the Boots is a good choice, mainly because of how small most maps are, having high move isn't really necessary. They sell for 3 Gold, which is incredibly useful.