Adult Tiki Unit Build

rockocalypse

I ran some calcs and wow-- yeah, Fury is WAY better than Defiant Atk if you're running a generic Quick Riposte build. =Def Tiki with Fury lives against every vanilla physical unit on defense (including +Atk natures) with the sole exceptions of Lukas and Falchion-users. That's pretty impressive, honestly. Can y!Tiki even manage that sort of thing....? That might actually be another niche that this Tiki has over other Manaketes...

Updated analysis here

@LuxSpes Dude.... ...I think I need to shoot for Fury on my Tiki, haha ;; it looks like you were right on the money with that, actually... (leastways, my Tiki is -Res so she has no hope of pulling off Ryu's Greenslayer haha ;; but she might be able to manage tanking almost every physical thing in existence lmao) Luckily I don't need RecipAid on mine with my Kagero running it, though I do need QR2 in order for her to be able to put Tiki back in range of QuickRip. 

@Ryu Yuki Hah thanks man xD You're a cool guy. Yeah I had every intention of building an all-dragon team, but no intention of spending any money on the game-- and it just wasn't in the pulls, haha ;; I can at least claim favoritism for the subject in this thread, as she was my first 5* upgrade and continues to be a part of my team regardless lol. You know what I DID get? Every single dark mage in the game lmao (which, thankfully, I was ALSO trying to collect haha). Dragons are just... one of those things that everyone likes (even if you don't like dragons, you probably want to kill them, making their status pretty undeniable hahah), though my other passion of dark magic seems to be something that other people are less vocal about xD I feel like I'm more likely to be known for that sort of thing lol.

BUT. I WON'T GIVE UP... I CAN PROVE MYSELF A DRAGON MASTER YET HAHA ;; 

In my opinion, Adult Tiki is a red tank great at defending against physical attacks from both Red and Green, but will fall to Blue, with the advantage of both at melee and range. She's also great at defending against archers and daggers and kill them outright (Except Felicia and Niles). She excels at the enemy phase and finishing an enemy off in one hit.

Her biggest weakness is her abysmal speed, which leads her getting doubled often. I can relate to my own Seliph with +DEF -SPD. With Quick Riposte, you can patch up a big part of her weakness and potentially cast Bonfire in one round while taking minimal damage due to her amazing DEF. She deals damage through magic defense, and the enemy usually won't have enough defense to survive 2 hits from you (except for Eliwood). She pairs up well with a healer for prolonged sustain as long as she does not get ORKOed.

She may fill up a similar role to Young Tiki, but she is more biased towards being a tank rather than an all-round unit. I actually think it's okay to keep the Defiant ATK as it can make her suddenly much scarier. +7 ATK is no joke. (Example: Survive with low health and then retaliating on the player phase). You can also use Triangle Adept to bolster her power against Greens, but I think it's not as important unless you want to make her the green check.

8 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

I ran some calcs and wow-- yeah, Fury is WAY better than Defiant Atk if you're running a generic Quick Riposte build. =Def Tiki with Fury lives against every vanilla physical unit on defense (including +Atk natures) with the sole exceptions of Lukas and Falchion-users. That's pretty impressive, honestly. Can y!Tiki even manage that sort of thing....? That might actually be another niche that this Tiki has over other Manaketes...

Updated analysis here

@LuxSpes Dude.... ...I think I need to shoot for Fury on my Tiki, haha ;; it looks like you were right on the money with that, actually... (leastways, my Tiki is -Res so she has no hope of pulling off Ryu's Greenslayer haha ;; but she might be able to manage tanking almost every physical thing in existence lmao) Luckily I don't need RecipAid on mine with my Kagero running it, though I do need QR2 in order for her to be able to put Tiki back in range of QuickRip. 

@Ryu Yuki Hah thanks man xD You're a cool guy. Yeah I had every intention of building an all-dragon team, but no intention of spending any money on the game-- and it just wasn't in the pulls, haha ;; I can at least claim favoritism for the subject in this thread, as she was my first 5* upgrade and continues to be a part of my team regardless lol. You know what I DID get? Every single dark mage in the game lmao (which, thankfully, I was ALSO trying to collect haha). Dragons are just... one of those things that everyone likes (even if you don't like dragons, you probably want to kill them, making their status pretty undeniable hahah), though my other passion of dark magic seems to be something that other people are less vocal about xD I feel like I'm more likely to be known for that sort of thing lol.

The sad part, is the Fury/Quick Riposte Build is probably kind of meh of mine since she's +Spd/-Res, meaning she won't be fully charging Bonfire as often on the enemy phase if she has Fury bringing her Spd to 29. And looking at damage calcs, a -Res Tiki with Triangle Adept 3 and Quick Riposte 2 survives against a Death Blow 3 +Atk Julia with 8 HP while KOing Julia in return, same if Tiki has GTB, so I do think it's viable even with a -res nature. Considering I already gave mine TA3 and I'm running out of Hinatas for Fury fodder, I'll probably try out the TA3/QR2 build and then the Fury one if it doesn't work out. 

And I agree that dragons are great. I'm only missing Y!Tiki to have every single dragons in the game at 5*. Nowi was actually my first 5* now that I think of it. (I did need to whale a bit to get there though. And I was hoping to maybe get Y!Tiki while I spent 80 orbs pulling for reds for Ike, but no luck well I can't say 'no luck' since I did get Ike in the end but....  Maybe she'll be in a GHB or voting gauntlet focus down the line). I really hope to be able to run a full dragon team at one point, but I need to get Faye TA and Lightning Breath+ to send Reinhardt and Linde packing. Nowi would also appreciate TA3 I guess. I think I should focus pull reds.

Then we will each try one between Fury and Triangle Adept-- FOR SCIENCE! xD

Aw man. Yall makin' me jelly with ya dragon collections ;3;  Seriously though who doesn't love dragons they're the best lol

3 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Aw man. Yall makin' me jelly with ya dragon collections ;3;  Seriously though who doesn't love dragons they're the best lol

If it makes you feel betting, I don't have Ninian. I have plenty of adult Tikis though.

1 minute ago, BANRYU said:

SCIENCE. Looking at the mass dueling simulator, I am hopeful she'll do great as a green Killer.

Who are you missing? Aside from Ninian and Y!Tiki, all the others are available as 4* or lower. Don't give up hope, you never know, maybe your next full pull will be 5* Ninian, 5*Nowi, 5* Fae and 5* Tiki. You'll probably be pulling 3* Barst for the rest of the year, but you'll have dragons!

1 hour ago, BANRYU said:

Hah thanks man xD You're a cool guy. Yeah I had every intention of building an all-dragon team, but no intention of spending any money on the game-- and it just wasn't in the pulls, haha ;; I can at least claim favoritism for the subject in this thread, as she was my first 5* upgrade and continues to be a part of my team regardless lol. You know what I DID get? Every single dark mage in the game lmao (which, thankfully, I was ALSO trying to collect haha). Dragons are just... one of those things that everyone likes (even if you don't like dragons, you probably want to kill them, making their status pretty undeniable hahah), though my other passion of dark magic seems to be something that other people are less vocal about xD I feel like I'm more likely to be known for that sort of thing lol.

Don't sell yourself short; you're plenty cool too! It's nice to have lots of dragon lovers here, really. And yeah, I feel for you with the pulls. I'd be pretty bummed too if I failed to pull Young Tiki or Ninian off of their banners. I generally try to avoid spending, but knowing myself, I'd have definitely dipped some money if I failed to roll either of them with my free orbs. Fortunately that wasn't the case, although in the end I did end up spending $75 for 140 orbs during the first Voting Gauntlet because I reasoned it was going to be my last chance to get Lucina in a very long time. I didn't spend all the orbs there though, and saved up some of it for Ninian later, who was ridiculously hard to get. I struggled hard to get my first one at all and the second was truly dumb luck coming into play when I decided to pull 30 minutes before her banner expired.

Still, that's some fine dedication you have there. Can't say I've raised an Adult Tiki to 5* myself, so that is one area that you've indeed surpassed me in, when it comes to dragons. Her being the first unit you performed a 5* upgrade on just sells it even more. By the way, I would suggest seriously trying for 40+10 with Adult Tiki. I know it sounds intimidating, but trust me, it's a lot more feasible than you might think. If you solely focused all your feathers on her, and did consistently well in the Arena and Voting Gauntlets, I would imagine it'd take 4-5 months at the absolute maximum to finally 40+10 her. My Nowi took 2 months, and I had like three (thank you Nowi banner) natural 5* pulls of her to work with, while the rest were 4* versions of her being promoted to 5* via feathers. I had the advantage of not needing to do the 3* -> 4* promotion and pulling enough 4* Nowi(s) during my absurd hunt for Ninian, but I can't imagine it'd take you too much longer as F2P. I did buy orbs one time, and while most of it went to Lucina I do admit it gave me tons of units to send home. So perhaps that hastened my end goal by like a month, if I'm being kind of generous. But yeah, if you're willing to be liberal about sending units home, 40+10 is surprisingly realistic in a few months. 

Also I just read the article on the wiki. Or is it not a wiki anymore? Either way, you did a pretty solid job on writing up the sets! They're detailed but still short enough that they're not a drag to read through. They look really compact and organized, and I feel like you did an excellent job of communicating across the advantages as well as the main purpose of the sets. Do you do this often? If not, you totally should. You seem to be pretty good at it. 

Dark mages are pretty cool too. I'd have went for them if my dragon obsession didn't cause me to save my orbs for them specifically. I'm glad that you at least have decent luck somewhere in the RNG hell. Speaking of which, I half-heartedly tried pulling for an Ike with 20 orbs, but instead got another Young Tiki immediately. I just backed out and decided not to pull anymore for the rest of the banner because I can't imagine my luck getting any better than that.

EDIT: You may prove yourself a Dragon Master, but I will always stand in your way as the ultimate Dragon Master.

Edited by Ryu Yuki

5 hours ago, BANRYU said:

I ran some calcs and wow-- yeah, Fury is WAY better than Defiant Atk if you're running a generic Quick Riposte build. =Def Tiki with Fury lives against every vanilla physical unit on defense (including +Atk natures) with the sole exceptions of Lukas and Falchion-users

Wow. Those are really daunting stats and data.

Thank you to everyone who contributed. I think we have a pretty great build.

Reciprocal Aid: Helps cure Fury Damage.

Bonfire: Procs quickly with Quick Riposte

A: Fury

B: Quick Riposte

C: My personal choice. Threaten Atk (Now NOBODIES hurting this Tiki except this Tiki. And blues/falchion users. Probrably Julia too. But hey, thats good) / Threaten Res. Either of these 2 skills will ensure that any unit trying to range attack Tiki will get the destruction of not only her attack, but Quick Ripostes atk, and the debuff.

4 hours ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Don't sell yourself short; you're plenty cool too! It's nice to have lots of dragon lovers here, really.

Im very glad that I can be selfish in saying my topic brought together some dragon worshipers. Zephiel would be proud. :D

Also glad to see some love for Adult Tiki too. Because hey, there's really not enough.

A big thanks to everyones input, I can feel the passion in all of your analysiss and stat breakdowns.

7 hours ago, rockocalypse said:

Im very glad that I can be selfish in saying my topic brought together some dragon worshipers. Zephiel would be proud. :D

Zephiel's dragon-worship game was weak, we'll show him how it's done

@LuxSpes Only ones I've got are Tiki and f!Corrin xD (and Sophia if you count her lol... she's half) Yeah I put everything I had into the Ninian banner and... nothin' lol. The others continue to elude me... T3T but, perhaps soon...

AND INDEED, SCIENCE. I still need a Hinata to burn in order to get Fury on Tiki but for now Defiant Atk is doin' me all right... so that'll have to be more of a future plan for me for now. 

@Ryu Yuki Thanks man xDD TBH I mostly have you and Lux to thank for the conciseness factor of that analysis; I mostly just kinda paraphrased/summed up what you guys said haha ;; Incidentally I have done quite a few others of those, actually; I did Wiki writeups for Camilla and most of the Dark Mage characters and plan to do stuff for others if/when I can get around to them (though for now the Sprite Assembly and other projects have been taking my attention lately...)

Y'know I just might consider doing that with Tiki? TBH my preferred approach/playstyle is to raise a bunch of different characters as options (I have tons of options for Horsemblem and it feels like a shame to let that potential go to waste haha ;; ), but I just might hold onto that as a long-term goal... My wife just pulled me another 4* Tiki last night, so it might be possible if I hoard any others I get xD Getting past the habit of hoarding skill fodder will be tough though, my impulse is just to hold onto as many resources as possible in their most flexible form (IE: Unspent)... a symptom of being a free player I suppose lol. 

5 hours ago, BANRYU said:

@Ryu Yuki Thanks man xDD TBH I mostly have you and Lux to thank for the conciseness factor of that analysis; I mostly just kinda paraphrased/summed up what you guys said haha ;; Incidentally I have done quite a few others of those, actually; I did Wiki writeups for Camilla and most of the Dark Mage characters and plan to do stuff for others if/when I can get around to them (though for now the Sprite Assembly and other projects have been taking my attention lately...)

Y'know I just might consider doing that with Tiki? TBH my preferred approach/playstyle is to raise a bunch of different characters as options (I have tons of options for Horsemblem and it feels like a shame to let that potential go to waste haha ;; ), but I just might hold onto that as a long-term goal... My wife just pulled me another 4* Tiki last night, so it might be possible if I hoard any others I get xD Getting past the habit of hoarding skill fodder will be tough though, my impulse is just to hold onto as many resources as possible in their most flexible form (IE: Unspent)... a symptom of being a free player I suppose lol. 

Well, you still compiled it rather neatly if I say so myself. Honestly speaking, I'm the type to write out huge chunks of text that are an absolute drag to read through. So I do feel impressed when someone manages to get all the important points across in a neat and concise paragraph. So yeah, I feel like you did pretty good there! Also, that seems pretty interesting regarding the wiki. So you're a regular there? And you're one of the main writers? That's pretty neat, I didn't think one of the wiki writers would be a regular here. Feels cool getting to know someone like that. Your Sprite Assembly thread was definitely a neat concept too. I was almost considering making a request myself, but I have no idea what kind of poses I'd want from the dragons. But I've seen some of the work churned out by that thread, and I can say that I'm might impressed by them!

Well, I can definitely understand the desire to raise a variety of units. I really wanted to make a Flier Emblem team and get around to raising my +Atk/-Def Kagero and +Spd/-Def Nino. But I was forced to ignore all of them in favor of getting my Nowi to 40+10, because I simply wanted to accomplish that one goal for the longest time. It feels satisfying now that I've finally did it, but I can certainly say I've been inconvenienced on certain occasions by not having a variety of units. But still, it makes me feel super proud to have a 40+10 on my team when I spent less than $100 on the game, and I can certainly tell you it's a good feeling as a semi-F2P player. If you're really unsure about it, you can just drag out your goal by a few months. Work on the Adult Tiki when you get the chance, while still maintaining a flexible variety of units. To be fair, I sent so many units home before I knew Skill Inheritance was a thing, and I really regret some of my decisions now.