Let's do an FE10 draft

Junkhead

I'm bored, haven't played this game in a while.

7 people. NM. Who's in?

Pecking Drafting Order:

1. Sob99 - Jill

2. gabethegreen - Brom

3. Michaelaar - Mia

4. Freyjadour - Nolan

5. FeHero - Titania

6. Me - Edward, Gatrie

7. Interdimensional Observer - Aran, Mordecai

Drafting:
1. This draft is for 7 players.
2. Ike, Micaiah, Sothe, Geoffrey, the Herons, the Black Knight, and Lehran are free for all to use.
3. The drafting order is reversed for the last round of picks.
4. Haar is banned from drafting.
5. The game will be played on Normal Mode.

Rules:
1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, Rescue and Shove/Smite undrafted characters and NPCs, trade, Escape/Arrive, and transfer items/skills between teams.
2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, opening Doors and Chests, finding hidden items, and giving Blood Tide/Night Tide/White Pool bonuses.
3. Allied and Other units may do as they please without penalty.
4. Defend chapters count the last played Player Phase for turns if the timer is waited out.

Penalties:
1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn penalty, per unit per chapter (1-6 counts as 2 chapters, and 4-E counts as 5 chapters).

Exceptions:
1. One of Edward or Nolan is free for each of 1-P, 1-1 and 1-2.
2. Volug is free for 1-5.
3. Elincia, Marcia and Nealuchi are free for 2-P
4. Nephenee and Brom are free for 2-1.
5. One undrafted, non-Lucia unit is free for 2-2.
6. One undrafted, 7 move unit is free for 3-1.
7. One undrafted, 6 move unit is free for 3-3.

Leonardo
Laura
Ilyana
Meg
Volug
Zihark
Tauroneo
Fiona
Tormod
Muarim
Vika
Nailah

Elincia
Marcia
Nealuchi
Brom
Nephenee
Heather
Lucia
Lethe
Kieran
Astrid
Makalov
Danved
Calill

Soren
Mist
Rolf
Boyd
Oscar
Shinon
Rhys
Mia
Ranulf
Kyza
Lyre
Janaff
Ulki
Sigrun
Tanith

Skrimir
Naesala
Sanaki
Tibarn
Pelleas
Stefan
Oliver
Bastian
Volke
Caineghis
Giffca
Kurthnaga
Ena
Renning
Nasir
Gareth

Edited by Soul~!

Never have done a draft, and I'm not saying I'm in, but shouldn't you set up some rules?

Edit: I'll jump in and give it a try. Don't expect to do every well, but maybe one of these will get me to overcome my stat booster hoarding tendency.

You can ignore everything in this.

Spoiler

No transfer bonuses please- my Wii's disc drive broke and I can't transfer data on my Wii U.

RD is going to be tricky given its setup. But make Micaiah, Ike, (and Sothe?) free for forever. The BK obviously should be free too for 1-9, with freedom to field him (but not use him) in 1-E, banned in 3-6. Make Lucia free in 2-2, everyone free in 2-1, and maybe Elincia free for 2-P and 2-E. Geoffrey free for 2-3 or not? Should the Herons be free? Don't ban (aka keep on Halt/Target to distant space) allied yellows.

Ban Haar, at the very least until some arbitrary chapter. Titania you don't have to ban I think. Tibarn and Naesala as free (for the Dawn and Hawk Army chapters respectively, not the tower), draftable, or banned is up to you.

Should we draft by Parts?

We get 16 non-BK/Mic/Sothe/Raf units in Part 1 if I counted correctly. So among 7 players we'd get 2 units per player plus two leftovers (Tauroneo we can probably do away with).

For Part 2, I dunno.

For Part 3 GMs, we'd get 19 new characters, subtract Ike and Reyson and we get 17 + 7 from Parts 2 and 3. 24 characters total, so among 7 players that 3 per player with a remainder of 3. If you drafted Ilyana in Part 1, you've consigned yourself to using her in Part 3 (and 4 as well). For the P2 group, if we're going to draft P2, then again you can use them if you picked them for P2. Otherwise we'll just draft them for this part and onwards. Fortunately, none of the P2 units or Ilyana are broken, so it isn't like getting an early pick for P3 would amount to much.

Part 4 has no conditions on drafting.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer
I'm in, ignore my spoiler box stuff.

There's a standard set of rules we always use - we just draft all characters at once and it's up to you to cover your bases for each part. I've drafted FE10 way too many times to count, and I'm pretty certain the standard ruleset is fine as is.

That said, maybe in. I might not be around much for this week because finals but I miss drafting lol

Spoiler

Drafting:

1. This draft is for 7 players.

2. Ike, Micaiah, Sothe, Geoffrey, the Herons, the Black Knight, and Lehran are free for all to use.

3. The drafting order is reversed for the last round of picks.

4. Haar is banned from drafting.

5. The game will be played on Normal Mode.

Rules:

1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, Rescue and Shove/Smite undrafted characters and NPCs, trade, Escape/Arrive, and transfer items/skills between teams.

2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, opening Doors and Chests, finding hidden items, and giving Blood Tide/Night Tide/White Pool bonuses.

3. Allied and Other units may do as they please without penalty.

4. Defend chapters count the last played Player Phase for turns if the timer is waited out.

Penalties:

1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn penalty, per unit per chapter (1-6 counts as 2 chapters, and 4-E counts as 5 chapters).

Exceptions:

1. One of Edward or Nolan is free for each of 1-P, 1-1 and 1-2.

2. Volug is free for 1-5.

3. Elincia, Marcia and Nealuchi are free for 2-P

4. Nephenee and Brom are free for 2-1.

5. One undrafted, non-Lucia unit is free for 2-2.

6. One undrafted, 7 move unit is free for 3-1.

7. One undrafted, 6 move unit is free for 3-3.

Units:

Spoiler

Edward

Leonardo

Nolan

Laura

Ilyana

Aran

Meg

Volug

Jill

Zihark

Tauroneo

Fiona

Tormod

Muarim

Vika

Nailah

Elincia

Marcia

Nealuchi

Brom

Nephenee

Heather

Lucia

Mordecai

Lethe

Kieran

Astrid

Makalov

Danved

Calill

Titania

Soren

Mist

Rolf

Boyd

Oscar

Shinon

Gatrie

Rhys

Mia

Ranulf

Kyza

Lyre

Janaff

Ulki

Sigrun

Tanith

Skrimir

Naesala

Sanaki

Tibarn

Pelleas

Stefan

Oliver

Bastian

Volke

Caineghis

Giffca

Kurthnaga

Ena

Renning

Nasir

Gareth

the DTE thread is pretty gross rn bc of the forum update so here are the rulesets

that said, it's been a while since any of us has drafted at all so changes might be in order! please feel free to suggest anything

Was actually in the mood to play around with the rules a bit, but I'm feeling rather lazy tonight. 

Hope that doesn't discourage anyone. 

Edited by Soul~!

On 2017-5-7 at 2:38 PM, Sob99 said:

I've never done a draft before but I would be interested in trying this.

Take it that's your confirmation.

On 2017-5-7 at 5:05 PM, FeHero said:

This looks like fun.SIgn me up! I actually just made an account on here so I could sign of for this.

That's so nice. 

Means I got the pecking drafting order done:

list.png.761092766c86b24ccd22143f977b6018.png

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7x2, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1x2 so-on and so-forth, until no characters are left. 

It begins.

@Sob99, @gabethegreen, @Michelaar, @Freyjadour, @FeHero, @Interdimensional Observer

• On 8/5/2017 at 4:51 PM, Michelaar said:

@Freyjadour, you're next by the way :P

Was about to do it, but thanks.

While I understand people lead their lives, I do encourage giving a heads up to each other.

16 minutes ago, Soul~! said:
  • Was about to do it, but thanks.

While I understand people lead their lives, I do encourage giving a heads up to each other.

Can you not make a rule where if people not choose in a certain amount of time, their pick get's randomized or something?