New Nintendo 2DS trailer revealed

King Marth 64

Nintendo just showed a trailer of the Brand New 3DS system from the New Nintendo 3DS family that it's called New Nintendo 2DS. The design of the New Nintendo 2DS isn't like those regular Nintendo 2DS systems, I guess it will make fair since the Nintendo 2DS didn't have a New counterpart came along with the regular New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL back then when they showed off the New counterparts of the Nintendo 3DS and XL models.

Edit: I did saw they did show off Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia was in this trailer as well. And we did see first look at the localized box art of Hey! Pikmin and Miitopia looked like since we did saw them in the previous Nintendo Direct. The price is $149.99 and it will be available at July 28th.

Edited by King Marth 64

My only question to this is where are the speakers on that thing?

As for thoughts...I mean, Nintendo has been known to do this from time to time. I mean remember the GBA Micro that just showed up as soon as the DS got released?

1 hour ago, Harvey said:

My only question to this is where are the speakers on that thing?

I think they're on the front of it, very tiny. Look down&left of the Wifi light. There's one on the other side too.

:o that looks really neat-o actually... and is that a non-shiny outer cover? IDK the trailer looked suspicious, but I definately think the back cover of the top screen was not shiny (at least not as shiny as the screen was). The finish on the new 3DS is awful, its all finger prints and grime! Give me back my matte finish! I wish they had come out with this when the new 3DS came out... I would have bought this one over the N3DS in a heartbeat. It just looks better... and 3D is actually not that great to be honest.

Bah, guess you win some and lose some... oh well.

I wish this is what had immediately succeeded the DS line instead of the 3DS. I wonder how well it will sell. Is the 3DS still selling well? I also wonder what the battery life will be like.

Not going to lie, much as I didn't like the first versions of the 2DS, this one has enough functionality for me to pick this up and pass my 3DS to my brother instead of waiting for a New 3DS price drop.

This is a welcome development as my launch 3DS is rather aged and worn (broken L&R buttons). I never really used the 3D functionality of the 3DS, so losing that is not a big deal. However, I do dislike the "accents" they put on. Can't I have just a plain black New 2DS? I don't need colorful buttons and the like as I find them distracting.

A shame it releases in late July though. I would like a New3DS so I can play Echoes with amiibo functionality, and would like to pick up a Switch over the summer so I can play Splattoon 2 (among other titles). The lack of income is definitely not helping my case with wanting the new shiny stuff, so chances are I'll have to pass on everything until Christmas if I am lucky.

I'll be happy to get this as well. As someone who finds the 3D effect painful to watch and completely unnecessary to play with (and bought the 2DS which was essentially a AU$50 discount from the 3DS), I'll be happy to trade that off with whatever discount there is compared to the New 3DS.

Edited by henrymidfields