Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

Everytime I want to type:

"Hey I'm joining Team Male Robin"

I feel like I'm only joining just because he's the underdog and not because I want to be on his team :(

I'm probably not gonna be as enthusiastic on this one.............. 

Spoiler

Too bad, so sad

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

We both have Tharja and Male Robin.........

What do we do bro?

I'm so tied with both Archanea and Ylisse (well, Plegia to be specific) that there really is no winning, no matter what side you pick. By that I mean, as much as I'd want either Merric or Linde to win, I don't necessarily want the other teams to lose

In borh remakes, I used both Merric and Linde as a duo, but slightly favored Linde for revenge in SD, and Merric for HoLSs. But then again, I don't have Linde in heroes..

Then there's Robin, who kills himself to save the world, and.... Tharja, which is kinda self explanatory.

I will say that in all of the teams I been on, the only time where I actually had the unit I was backing was Chrom, which by the time I joined in, lost to Ephraim (granted, in the best way possible that I'll never forget, but its still an L that I've yet to bounce back from). This time around, there's 5; two of which that I'm ambivalent toward (Sanaki & Henry)

To add insult to injury, there's also Leo, who's both my fav Nohrian character and the first team I ever backed in a Gauntlet (I swear, that first gauntlet was nothing but Ls)

I really can't say, given that I think I'm a worse case than you. BUT FOR YOU, I'd say prolly Robin purely for the synergy of Strategy. I mean, it almost first TOO well; he's a tactician, you're with the Strategist Three Plus, you get a really cool slogan!

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Because what you really want to do is join team Julia.

There's no Elibian representation; a Jugdrali is the next best thing.

I don't know man

I only had a taste of Julia in the 1st gauntlet (I did enjoy using he though)

And also, I want to go to the final round, do you think She'll have the juice to fight off Tharja?

1 minute ago, Motendra said:

1. (I swear, that first gauntlet was nothing but Ls [Three big, fat, juicy Ls])

2. I really can't say, given that I think I'm a worse case than you. BUT FOR YOU, I'd say prolly Robin purely for the synergy of Strategy. I mean, it almost first TOO well; he's a tactician, you're with the Strategist Three Plus, you get a really cool slogan!

1. Should've looked at the signature my guy. Then you would have had 2 Ws 1 L and a ton of feathers (like me)

2. "For the synergy of strategy". I like that a lot!

seems my bias has swayed, though I am not 100% in my decision yet. (I'd say 70%) Thanks Mo!

Edited by Arcanite

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I don't know man

And also, I want to go to the final round, do you think She'll have the juice to fight off Tharja?

I had a taste of Julia in Genealogy. She rocks. I'm joining her and so should the others.

1 hour ago, Kiran said:

Robin is going to win this! Never forget his early contributions! He was THE counter against the plague of Takumi in the early days. He saved us from being skewered by the pineapple and instead gave us roasted pineapples instead. And if it looks like the opposition is winning? Do not fear. For we will tip the scales!

This is great.

But, yes, Robin all the way for me. I just hope the underdog system doesn't mess up the non-landslide matches into having a final with Merric or Henry in it.

1 hour ago, SetoBakura said:

Alot of Tharja hate here.  This makes me sad :unsure:

I understand. Everyone's uniting against your waifu, and it must be a pretty hard time for you.

@Arcanite Follow your heart and choose Linde (Your heart wants to fight for Linde, and you just don't realize it yet).

1 hour ago, SetoBakura said:

Alot of Tharja hate here.  This makes me sad :unsure:

I agree. Teasing is one thing, bashing and insulting is whole other.

We all should and must refrain from such disrespect.

@tumut, that's not how you spell Julia.

Edited by Vaximillian

I can't pick between Tharja or Henry...

I love Dark Mages especially those who put Dark in Dark Mage! Hee hee hee hee hee hee hee!

9 hours ago, Motendra said:

Color me surprised. Did not see any of thsi coming, did I miss a big announcement or something?

Of these combatants, I've 5 of them: 3*Henry, 4* Merric, Robin, & Tharja, and 5* Sanaki

Which to pick this time... OH! Leo's getting a second chance? Hopefully he'll turn out better this time around. I remember that first humiliating loss at the hands of Ephraim...

... still don't know who to pick but I'm leaning toward Merric, Linde, Robin, Tharja or Leo out of familiarity.

7 hours ago, pianime94 said:

It's funny how Leo is gonna be featured in a gauntlet for the 2nd time.

Who is Raigh.

YES! You don't know how happy I am. I betrayed him the first voting gauntlet, and he came running right back. TEAM LEO TILL THE VERY END (idc if i dont have him yet)

10 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

This might come as a shock, but I'm going with Leo all the way. He is one of my absolute favorite characters in the series after (still haven't been fortunate to pull him though). If he fails to make it to the finals again, I don't know who I'd join with afterwards at this point but hopefully I won't have to make that choice this time.

6 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Think I'm gonna join Team Leo, simply because I have him and have been using him extensively.  Unfortunately, another character I absolutely cannot stand will likely win, so siiiiiiiiiiiigh....

7 hours ago, eclipse said:

So, of the mages:

- 5 have not been pulled
- 2 were pulled at 3*
- 1 was a 5* with a really good boon/bane

Go Team Leo!

I should add you guys later.

5 hours ago, Namarid said:

Goddamnit IS. Robin AND Leo in the same gauntlet. I'm Team Robin on this one. Mainly because "time to tip the scales" will be very appropriate if we're losing.

Leo will DESTROY YOU >:3

8 hours ago, Ryu Yuki said:

I wonder what side @Arcanite will join. During Voting Gauntlets, he/she is like that one salesman that just tries so unbelievably hard to get you to buy their product. The cult-like dedication is almost admirable. It actually impressed me last time.

4 hours ago, Arcanite said:

I don't know which team to go on guys :(

The underdog is gonna be on the guy's team for sure, but I don't really like anyone that much..........

Help

I've got a great idea. Join Leo. He's out for blood. Revenge is best served cold.

I'll probably join Team Leo because I married him in FE:F... then abandoned him to lose terribly in the first gauntlet lol

Although I also love Henry and Merric. I'm definitely not joining M!Robin though :') (revenge for all those times he's screwed me over in the arena - then, I managed to pull... a 3* version of him. I felt so trolled.)

1 minute ago, Dolce said:

I'll probably join Team Leo because I married him in FE:F... then abandoned him to lose terribly in the first gauntlet lol

Although I also love Henry and Merric. I'm definitely not joining M!Robin though :') (revenge for all those times he's screwed me over in the arena - then, I managed to pull... a 3* version of him. I felt so trolled.)

I will add you later as well. 

Join team Leo! You won't regret it! 

I suppose I'll wait til the brackets come out before I make my choice

56 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I don't know man

1. Should've looked at the signature my guy. Then you would have had 2 Ws 1 L and a ton of feathers (like me)

2. "For the synergy of strategy". I like that a lot!

seems my bias has swayed, though I am not 100% in my decision yet. (I'd say 70%) Thanks Mo!

See now... at that time, I didnt frequent the heroes board, stayed low key and went with who I was better familiar with. Of that entire gauntlet, the Renais siblings were on the lower end of the spectrum.

No problem!

5 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

YES! You don't know how happy I am. I betrayed him the first voting gauntlet, and he came running right back. TEAM LEO TILL THE VERY END (idc if i dont have him yet)

Spoiler

The real question is, would he even take you back after this

3 minutes ago, Motendra said:

I suppose I'll wait til the brackets come out before I make my choice

See now... at that time, I didnt frequent the heroes board, stayed low key and went with who I was better familiar with. Of that entire gauntlet, the Renais siblings were on the lower end of the spectrum.

No problem!

Hide contents

The real question is, would he even take you back after this

Obviously. The betrayal was due to a coin flip. My anxiety was so bad I ended up checking scores for Leo every hour. Not making the same mistake twice. I'm not coin flipping on this one.

@Arcanite - You could just join Team Leo. I will welcome you with open arms if you do.

Just now, TheTuckingFypo said:

Obviously. The betrayal was due to a coin flip. My anxiety was so bad I ended up checking scores for Leo every hour. Not making the same mistake twice. I'm not coin flipping on this one.

@Arcanite - You could just join Team Leo. I will welcome you with open arms if you do.

Indeed, no coins this time, only Julia.

@TheTuckingFypo You also betrayed him in the first voting gauntlet? That's awesome, I betrayed him for his opponent Ephraim... we're so loyal lolol

This is our chance to make it up to Leo... so yeah, I think I'm going to go for Leo and then Henry if he loses.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Indeed, no coins this time, only Julia. Leo

There. I fixed it for you.

2 minutes ago, Dolce said:

@TheTuckingFypo You also betrayed him in the first voting gauntlet? That's awesome, I betrayed him for his opponent Ephraim... we're so loyal lolol

This is our chance to make it up to Leo... so yeah, I think I'm going to go for Leo and then Henry if he loses.

Yes! Leo until the very end!

Probably going to end up support M!Robin since I actually have him, even though he is not optimized. It's just a shame I have no one in this gauntlet that is actually a 5* character...

I would go for Linde or Julia, but I don't have those mages. Leo could be fun just for the sake of farming feathers from ranks, but I don't have him either. I am indifferent to Sanaki, Merric, and Henry. As for Tharja, she may be a good unit (and is the other mage I actually have and is actually optimized for stats), but I still don't care much for her despite her overwhelming popularity.

Then again, the temptation of "free feather bandwagoning" may sway me into Tharja's favor, even with the underdog mechanic. We shall see what happens.

27 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

I mean, I dunno. He doesn't seem to take too kindly to traitors, regardless of reasonings, as per Nohrian law

Nah, I'm just yankin' your chain lol

7 minutes ago, Motendra said:

I mean, I dunno. He doesn't seem to take too kindly to traitors, regardless of reasonings, as per Nohrian law

Nah, I'm just yankin' your chain lol

I guess the sentence is death....

Or I could join his team this time.

56 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

I should add you guys later.

Leo will DESTROY YOU >:3

I've got a great idea. Join Leo. He's out for blood. Revenge is best served cold.

Sure, if you want to I guess, 8360998588 with Leo as the leader.