Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

I would go Sanaki, but she decided to not show herself to me and I finished her banner at 4% :/. I think she has the least chance of me joining her out of everyone else. except Henry of course.

I have to admit, I wasn't really considering it until you two said this XD

Komasa makes a very very good argument though!

But we shall see soon enough my friends, we shall see......

Your resident mod is going Team Leo.  Is that enough to convince you? :P:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to go with M!Robin, what with him being my MVP for Heroes so far and all. (Of course, being boosted for flags all the time is nice, but still).

Much as I'd like to pick most others, I can't really go against my best unit (Much as I do think I'll have to replace him in the arena eventually).

Still, let's hope this is a good clean game with- (Who am I kidding Tharja is going to choke the life out of this tourney isn't she. Also M!Robin likely will too. Sorry.)

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

After seeing this, Maybe

right now my percantages are:

30% M robin

30% Leo

40% everyone else

If I do go on Team Leo, it'll be the first time we are on the same team in any gauntlet.

1% Nino

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

After seeing this, Maybe

30% M robin

30% Leo

40% everyone else

If I do go on Team Leo, it'll be the first time we are on the same team in any gauntlet.

1% Nino

We should root for Nino. She doesn't even need to be in the gauntlet to win it.

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

After seeing this, Maybe

100% Leo

0% everyone else

1% Nino

@Arcanite I fixed your mistake

Exactly. Join Leo and no one will get hurt, except for the ones that stray from the true path

And it's Team Leo for me again - win or lose, doesn't matter - For Nohr! Once more with feeling.
(And huh, fun coincidence that a Gauntlet featuring Leo is announced the same day Chapter 4 of the Leo Manga released)

9 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

After seeing this, Maybe

30% M robin

30% Leo

40% everyone else

1% Nino

You know...I remember saying it would be a glorious battle when we'd end up on the same team.
I mean third Voting Gauntlet time is the...uh, charm? Well, at least it's not a hex. 100% Bona fide promise - that's Henry & Tharja's dept after all.

I jest - you should ofc follow your gut when taking your pick. :P

Edited by Tactician_Iris
I goofed

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

BTW empty quotes = spam, and please refrain from FTFY stuff.

Sorry, about what won't do it again. What I meant was: 

Leo is so lucky that Nino isn't in this gauntlet. I would have been the first to deflect.  

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Arcanite Clearly you should pull from one of the banners and support whomever you pull first. Come to the Dark Side.

Still not sure who to support between Linde and Julia. So hard to decide between FE3 waifu and FE4 waifu.

Come on, join Team Julia. You know you want to. You even have a 40+10 of her. How could you say no to that silky white hair and dragon-based magic abilities!? Even if I really hate her when going against her

@Arcanite

If you're still open to being brainwashed taking suggestions, why not join Team Julia? Your friend @MaskedAmpharos will be over here too, and in fact the entire Strategists Three should come over here so that they can remain united! Resident super-whale Ice Dragon will probably be here after enough begging requests by me to join the team, hopefully, so there's that to consider as well. It'll be like a team of super friends! Plus you seem to be strongly considering Male Robin too, and we all plan on jumping ship to his side if Julia does somehow miraculously lose. So you can totally join us and then if things don't work out, we'll follow you to his side! Come on, you know you want to. We have Oboro-shaped cookies too.

Is Tharja really the clear favorite to win this gauntlet? Lucina and Camilla were obvious winners from the start but I don't think Tharja will come close to the curbstomping that was Lucina and Camilla.

This whole 3x comeback thing seems really stupid right now. If the multiplier is applied to your personal score then the total ranking leader board will be a mess. If there is a back and forth match-up people will only use flags when their team is down, and losing teams will be flooded with people going for the 3x multiplier possibly causing absurd come-from-behind-victories.

Just because Lucina and Camilla won their gauntlets, it doesn't mean the voting gauntlet system was broken. It just showed that certain characters were massively more popular than others. Sure there were bandwagoners, and this will deter that a little bit, but I think that 3x is a little too high. Especially if that 3x ends up getting applied to your score for the total rankings.

Sheesh Louise.

5 (or 6) people told me Julia

5 people told me Leo

2 poeple told me Robin

No one told me Henry

Tharja is the sell out so nobody really has to tell me about her

I think 3 people said Sanaki. could be 2

I think Linde was also 2

And 3 people said Merric.

As of now, I'll say Linde, Sanaki, Merric and Henry are off the list (I apologize to anyone I disappointed). So now I'll say its between Leo, Tharja, Julia, and Robin. That certainly narrows it down lol

Spoiler

Just want to make sure I hurt no one's feelings by not joining Linde, Merric, Sanaki, and Henry. If you're on any of those teams, I wish you no harm. They just didn't cut it for me :/

Spoiler

Don't get mad at me

1 minute ago, Ryu Yuki said:

We have Oboro-shaped cookies too.

You had me at "Oboro"

1 minute ago, Hawk King said:

Is Tharja really the clear favorite to win this gauntlet?

I think Tharja won't be a blatant and outright curbstomp, but she will probably have the most from the start

5 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Am I the only one on team Tharja here?

I'm leaning that way right now because she is one of the 4 mages I have, but I kinda want to wait to find out more about the comeback factor.

A little tip for guaranteeing wins in the actual battles is to use low leveled heroes. The hero from the person whos team you're on will be roughly the same level as yours but the hero from one of your friends will usually be LV40 and basically invincible.

Edited by Hawk King

7 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Is Tharja really the clear favorite to win this gauntlet? Lucina and Camilla were obvious winners from the start but I don't think Tharja will come close to the curbstomping that was Lucina and Camilla.

This whole 3x comeback thing seems really stupid right now. If the multiplier is applied to your personal score then the total ranking leader board will be a mess. If there is a back and forth match-up people will only use flags when their team is down, and losing teams will be flooded with people going for the 3x multiplier possibly causing absurd come-from-behind-victories.

Just because Lucina and Camilla won their gauntlets, it doesn't mean the voting gauntlet system was broken. It just showed that certain characters were massively more popular than others. Sure there were bandwagoners, and this will deter that a little bit, but I think that 3x is a little too high. Especially if that 3x ends up getting applied to your score for the total rankings.

I think it's specifically to let them include really popular characters while still having matches more exciting than the April Gauntlet (which, let's face it, was a snoozefest with very predictable results all around).

I think the goal here is to add a degree of unpredictability, and allow the less popular characters to have more of a chance.  

Also, do remember Tharja did better than Camilla in CYL, scoring third for girls while Camilla was fourth iirc.

15 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

5 people told me Leo

Make that 6.

Join us because...

• Leo and Oboro are from the same game (FATES REPRESENT?)
  • Leo is the only Cavalry type unit in the gauntlet (which automatically makes him good no it doesn't but I'll say it anyways)
  • We kicked Leo's butt in Team Ephraim and now are paying him back by joining him. If he hadn't been our opponent, we might not have had the flags needed to defeat Chrom in the most epic of battles from that gauntlet.
  • We have cookies?
Edited by Dolce

10 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

#Team not-really-Abusive-though-that's-a-common-misconception Waifu

Regardless, she's still has a good chance to win.

^ fixed the team name for ya friendo

TBQH I'm not sure who I'd pick if I wasn't planning on purposefully playing the sides....? (IE Merric -> Henry/Leo/Robin -> Tharja depending on the brackets) It's a close toss-up between Tharja (one of my favorite Awakening characters) and Robin (favorite self-insert + smash main), but then most of the others in this gauntlet are pretty cool as well... TBH If Robin and Tharja were replaced with folks like say maybe Odin and Sophia, I think this would probably be easily the hardest gauntlet to predict the outcome of. BABY STEPS, I SUPPOSE. Until then, Team Tharja folks got my blessing, don't let anyone tell you you picked bad (although, if you're picking her just for her likely victory, well.... that might not be such a good idea lol, I know I got less feathers running Camilla the whole way than folks who played the losing sides and ranked highly in them). 

Or.... is it projected to be a bad idea to play the losing sides like people did last time with Subaki/Beruka and such? :0 Does anyone know?

Edited by BANRYU

13 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

I'm leaning that way right now because she is one of the 4 mages I have, but I kinda want to wait to find out more about the comeback factor.

A little tip for guaranteeing wins in the actual battles is to use low leveled heroes. The hero from the person whos team you're on will be roughly the same level as yours but the hero from one of your friends will usually be LV40 and basically invincible.

I'll be interested to see how it works. If it comes down to a Camilla vs Cordelia-like popularity fight, even 3x the points wont be enough to save Tharja's opponent. On the other hand, maybe it'll turn out closer if it's Tharja vs M Robin (my expectation for the finale) and the 3x bonus could actually be an overcompensation. I wonder if their intention with it is to bring matches to 50/50 and then keep flip-flopping due to the point boost switching sides.

Still going Tharja regardless. She's my favorite here, plus she's the only one out the selection I both have and actually use.

23 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

IThis whole 3x comeback thing seems really stupid right now. If the multiplier is applied to your personal score then the total ranking leader board will be a mess. If there is a back and forth match-up people will only use flags when their team is down, and losing teams will be flooded with people going for the 3x multiplier possibly causing absurd come-from-behind-victories.

That's why I said earlier that I hope the bonus isn't applies to your total ranked score. Maybe they can do it so it just applies within the current battle's point value, otherwise yeah, the rankings would get fucked. We'll have to see, but I hope it doesn't become pointless to try and get a good rank if you're on the winning side of all or even most of the battles.

Edited by Alkaid

16 minutes ago, komasa said:

Sorry, about what won't do it again. What I meant was: 

Leo is so lucky that Nino isn't in this gauntlet. I would have been the first to deflect.  

No worries. Eclipse meant me, not you... I think. 

@Arcanite - I think we pulled a role reversal.... Usually you're telling me who to support...

1 minute ago, OKigen said:

Team Leo!

Even though I dont have him :rolleyes:

Yeah! Go team!

1 minute ago, Dolce said:

Make that 6.

Join us because...

• Leo and Oboro are from the same game (FATES REPRESENT?)
  • Leo is the only Cavalry type unit in the gauntlet (which automatically makes him good no it doesn't but I'll say it anyways)
  • We kicked Leo's butt in Team Ephraim and now are paying him back by joining him.
  • We have cookies?

Yes. We have cookies. 

Just now, Glaceon Mage said:

I think it's specifically to let them include really popular characters while still having matches more exciting than the April Gauntlet (which, let's face it, was a snoozefest with very predictable results all around).

I think the goal here is to add a degree of unpredictability, and allow the less popular characters to have more of a chance.  

Also, do remember Tharja did better than Camilla in CYL, scoring third for girls while Camilla was fourth iirc.

It just means Team Leo's gotta trample them just a little bit harder. And when we win, we all be like:

Spoiler

11254291_1469903606638698_1089362825_n.j

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

I wonder if their intention with it is to bring matches to 50/50 and then keep flip-flopping due to the point boost switching sides.

This is my main concern. People will save flags and only use them when their team is down which will cause the winning side to constantly be flip flopping up until the end.

The more popular character should still wind up winning regardless, but it will be annoying and not an actual representation of a characters popularity.

A better way to do it would be to hide the scores so that you don't know who is winning until the round is over. That way no one plays the sides or bandwagons and they just pick their favorites.

i feel like i'm one of the few that actually likes Tharja, both for her helping carry me in Awakening and in personality. despite having this whole front where she's a creepy dark mage who views most people as subjects for her experiments, she's actually pretty affectionate and ends up using her hexes/curses to help people. her convo with Nowi is pretty sweet. she's like a grumpy old lady which i have a personal bias for, but...the only thing i don't like is that she was neglectful/abusive to her daughter. i won't say she didn't ever hex someone without consent and in a manipulative/bad way, but...mmm. also her weird obsession with Robin and stalking him/her is gross in my books. idk tho i just like her. 

but i have underdog syndrome so i won't be siding with her lol.

i'm also kind of iffy on the x3 points thing, it seems like too much? and if someone joins a losing team every time, it's going to increase their overall rank by a large margin. i guess it would kind of balance the whole thing, so losers are still winners in a way, but that's not really the point, is it?