Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Otorio said:

So far, I've only been able to use flags for the 3x bonus once. So here I am on Team Robin, waiting around for the next opportunity with a fat stack of flags.

Going to guess it'll be against Team Leo or Team Henry, whichever of them wins their round.

Well, I'm in the 1-1000 rank, I'm in 700+something, but I don't have anymore flags! There are still 3 quest left for flags (2 from the arena and the green allies one), but I'll take them tomorrow, so I'm just going to play with no flags for now, probably I will get down in the ranking because of it...

Why game doesn't send me green companions? I got bad luck probably, but I used Michalis, I just need to use him again to win the flags, but will wait until tomorrow... Let's see how much I get down in the rankings while I sleep lol

14 minutes ago, Magnux7 said:

I have mixed feelings about the 3x bonus.

Right now, It's a very refreshing and welcome change to make matches more close and interesting. 

On the other hand though, it feels like the whole point of this "popularity contest" is nullified when the winner is purely decided by who get's the 3x bonus at the end. 

As said, it's nice and all right now, but is it healthy for the Gauntlet in the long run?

Maybe it's because the loser bonus is too high idk, it just seems like the leads are switching all the time with no stability whatsoever.

A 2x bonus might be more balanced?

11 minutes ago, Tarilaan said:

Thing is, it really doesn't change the winner in the long run, at least in Robin/Merric's case. At this point Merric can't keep up, even with a x3 bonus every other hour.

In the long run, the x3 bonus isn't going to help the landslides once the underdog is out of flags.  It only really makes the battles that were sort of close closer, and turns it into a game of who has the bonus last.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Just to be sure, if they are classified as the same does the lower team still get a bonus?

No, only when it's stronger/weaker

Still needing Blue Allies to show up.  Guess I might have to field not-Leo if some blueys don't show up soon.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Hmmm, with the showing that Tharja and Linde are putting up, I'm not sure if Julia can beat either of them in Round 2. Was Linde always this popular?

Well, Mystery is supposed to be the most popular FE title in Japan, so I dunno. Also, dem legs.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Hmmm, with the showing that Tharja and Linde are putting up, I'm not sure if Julia can beat either of them in Round 2. Was Linde always this popular?

They may also be fighting harder given who their opponent is.

So the x3 multiplier ended for Sanaki and it leaves her with a really slight lead.

Sanaki: 1,588,111,586
Julia: 1,512,936,288

I was afraid Julia would end up with a x3 of her own and would shoot up in front of Sanaki again, but this situation is pretty advantageous.

Dammit, Sanaki moved ahead by not by enough for the x3. Either let Julia win or let me use my flags (while letting Julia win)!

Gods, I'm so close to being in the top 1k on Team Robin's army... maybe if I had enough flags when the x3 bonus came I would have been higher but I'm comfortable with my score and my position. Unless a sudden x3 bonus pops up at the last second, I'm confident we have this windbag of a mage in the bag 

yes i do come packaged with bad puns 

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Well, Julia also has legs...

Which girl hasn't in Fire Emblem? Also Julia's hair colour is less exotic than Linde's.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Which girl hasn't in Fire Emblem? Also Julia's hair colour is less exotic than Linde's.

What team are you even on??

Also, I'm actually not sure if we can beat Sanaki at this point, since we didn't get our shot at the 3x. Unless we slip, which we don't seem to be doing, we'll keep slowly catching up, and then Sanaki will get another shot at a 3x.

The best team where a battle between a red unit and a green unit features three blue units on each side!

Edited by Vaximillian

Huh, I'm currently rank 83 in Sanaki's army. Not bad.

Also, I'm actually not sure if we can beat Sanaki at this point, since we didn't get our shot at the 3x. Unless we slip, which we don't seem to be doing, we'll keep slowly catching up, and then Sanaki will get another shot at a 3x.

Well, if you manage to outpace us, but not enough so that we get a x3 multiplier, you're pretty much guaranteed the win. It might cut it pretty close. 

36 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Here's a really rough approximation of the hourly gains (in millions) for non-multiplier hours:

• Linde: 65-80
  • Tharja: 125-180
  • Sanaki: 30-40
  • Julia: 35-60
  • Leo: 30-45
  • Henry: 13-19
  • Robin: 75-95
  • Merric: 12-17

So, from this, it looks like Tharja has the most substantial following, followed by Robin, and then Linde. The 3x multiplier seems to be preventing any severe blowouts so far, we'll see how it continues to play out.