Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

26 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

; how she essentially settles with whatever person she ends up with;

I actually think that was a worse problem with Cordelia.  Robin doesn't come up in as many of Tharja's supports as Chrom does in Cordelia's.

5 minutes ago, Ottokar said:

What kind of nonsense do they utter?

Reddit's really not that bad. /r/fireemblem gets a bad rep but from what I've seen they're actually pretty welcoming.    

2 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Fire Emblem needs a crossover to save it??? I have an idea, let's do a Fire Emblem and Kill la Kill crossover! That would be pretty awesome. But, if that's insufficient, then let's proceed onto Fire Emblem x Queen's Blade. I think that particular crossover would be especially well-received on here!

Fire Emblem x pokemon! Really I just want a pokemon conquest sequel, but it would be cool to see what pokemon various fire emblem characters had.  

Edited by pumpkinspice48

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

I actually think that was a worse problem with Cordelia.  Robin doesn't come up in as many of Tharja's supports as Chrom does in Cordelia's.

I swear, Cordelia's situation with Chrom is the most simultaneously laughable and saddening thing I have ever seen in a video game.

18 minutes ago, immatx said:

Apparently not, could you at least give us a quick summary or something? :/

17 minutes ago, Ottokar said:

Seconded. Please tell us as much as you can without causing a controversy, if any would actually be caused by your remarks.

14 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

You must be seeing something the rest of us don't.

I rather not, that requires pointing fingers at people in the last hour. But to summarize here's a meme

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1086493-fire-emblem

take it with a grain of salt or not.

18 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Well, Awakening saved it, but Awakening may not have been able to do that without the boost.

I can admit that, but I remember when I played Binding Blade a decade ago (God that is so weird to say) I couldn't play it & keep up with it.( I was really dumb & it wasn't translated)

Playing Blazing Sword recently only reminded me why it took Awakening to finally enjoy the series.

Edited by Zangetsu

6 minutes ago, Ottokar said:

What kind of nonsense do they utter?

There's the occasional guy that just refuses to accept that the 3DS era ever did anything right. I think some do the same to the GBA games, but it's been a while since I looked. They get downvoted, but they still talk, I guess.

Also I married Cordelia. Sup dudes

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

There's the occasional guy that just refuses to accept that the 3DS era ever did anything right. I think some do the same to the GBA games, but it's been a while since I looked. They get downvoted, but they still talk, I guess.

There are some vocal haters, but I think most people aren't that bad.  And when someone goes over the line they usually get downvoted.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Her Robin support was actually one of her better ones.  Its been awhile but I don't remember Chrom really coming up in it.

Edited by pumpkinspice48

5 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Fire Emblem needs a crossover to save it??? I have an idea, let's do a Fire Emblem and Kill la Kill crossover! That would be pretty awesome. But, if that's insufficient, then let's proceed onto Fire Emblem x Queen's Blade. I think that particular crossover would be especially well-received on here!

I didn't even say that Smash Bros saved it. I said, "Fire Emblem saved itself". :huh:

2 minutes ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

There are some vocal haters, but I think most people aren't that bad.  And when someone goes over the line they usually get downvoted.

... so then the problem with the elitists is not that they are numerous but that they are rude and loud-mouthed?

5 minutes ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

I was actually going to mention that but decided against it. Like I said, though, Tharja's better supports and personality traits are - and likely always will be - overshadowed by her worse ones. Not saying that her stalker tendencies and how she treats her kid should be ignored, but there is more to Tharja than people give her credit for.

Edited by saisymbolic

1 minute ago, Ottokar said:

... so then the problem with the elitists is not that they are numerous but that they are rude and loud-mouthed?

Elitists can't be numerous by definition.

Just now, Ottokar said:

Yeah, they're a small but vocal minority.  But since they're so loud sometimes the entire fire emblem community gets grouped with them.

30 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Again though, why like a character if you wouldn't like them as a person?

Simple. Because at the end of the day, she's a character, not an actual person. If everyone went by that logic then why like any villain at all then? With that in mind, I sure as hell wouldn't like Michalis as much as I do, considering all he's done, which, even if he does try to repent for what he's done and had reason for doing them, doesn't change the fact that he knowingly did them. Granted, there are some villains that are justified, redeemable or both but at the end of the day, its how they perform their role that counts. Likewise with Tharja, she's a supporting character, who happens to be the only actual bad apple of the group, which makes her more interesting for being different. As I said, she breaks the status quo.

26 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

Not that I have anything against Tharja, I honestly think people would still dislike her if she stalked literally anyone else. Granted, it doesn't help that her object of affection happens to be an Avatar but I think the dislike mostly stems from how she treats her daughter; how she essentially settles with whatever person she ends up with; and her appearance (which, to be honest, really isn't even that bad, in my opinion).

The bad thing about Tharja is that a lot of her supports are actually pretty good. Her support with Libra and Nowi are among my favorites, but they get overshadowed by other, more negative aspects of her personality.

That'd have been a great point were that only the case. I'm not telling anyone that they shouldn't dislike her; only that a bad person =/= a bad character and that you shouldn't always take characters so personally. Its that very personal level that to my belief is where both character praise and backlash comes from, but then again that can't exactly be helped. I appreciate your response, however

Just now, pumpkinspice48 said:

Yeah, they're a small but vocal minority.  But since they're so loud sometimes the entire fire emblem community gets grouped with them.

So what are they promoting?

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Does she make you wear a blue wig and get a tattoo on your shoulder?

5 minutes ago, Ottokar said:

Why so? Or are you being sarcastic?

I'm being serious. The only thing that can save the Fire Emblem is a crossover with Queen's Blade.

Spoiler

I'm definitely serious about it.

Spoiler

Yes, definitely....

Spoiler

Okay, I'm maybe I'm being a little sarcastic...

2 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I didn't even say that Smash Bros saved it. I said, "Fire Emblem saved itself". :huh:

Yes, and I was just suggesting that a Fire Emblem x Kill la Kill, followed by a Fire Emblem x Queen's Blade, crossover would save it even more, in such a manner that would please everyone on this forum to the highest degree!

6 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I rather not, that requires pointing fingers at people in the last hour. But to summarize here's a meme

406.jpg

take it with a grain of salt or not.

I can admit that, but I remember when I played Binding Blade a decade ago (God that is so weird to say) I couldn't play it & keep up with it.( I was really dumb & it wasn't translated)

Playing Blazing Sword recently only reminded me why it took Awakening to finally enjoy the series.

So, this?

4 minutes ago, immatx said:

So what are they promoting?

A small group people just really don't like the new (post-awakening) fire emblem games and feel like they have to let everyone know.  Usually their main complaints have to do with the games becoming more about waifus than strategy and consider people that like the new games to not be real fire emblem fans.

Edited by pumpkinspice48

Just now, Rezzy said:

Does she make you wear a blue wig and get a tattoo on your shoulder?

No, but she gets happy when I break walls but wait they weren't a mechanic in Awakening ha

Fun fact: I have an abnormal amount of grey hair at 19, I will soon be Robin

1 minute ago, ErrantDShepherd said:

Hmm... now to decide between Julia and Leo... :|

Wish I had one of those units.

Team Leo!  My son could always use the support.

2 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Roy is just popular because of Smash, honestly. Anyone who's played FE6 hates his guts.

I played (well, am playing and almost finished with) FE6 and I like Roy ;/

Also, didn't really play too much because I was out with friends. I almost have enough feathers to promote my Oboro. A team victory would've given me enough to actually promote her now, but eh.

Just now, pumpkinspice48 said:

A small group people just really don't like the new (post-awakening) fire emblem games and feel like they have to let everyone know.  Usually they're main complaints have to do with the games becoming more about waifus than strategy and consider people that like the new games to not be real fire emblem fans.

Oh great, that first complaint sounds like me.....

But the franchise would be dead without Awakening, so it's impossible to say nothing good has come out of the last two (or 4 depending on how you count) games.