Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure as heck tried for my dear Leo, and I didn't go down without a fight.  My score is pretty much now settled in at 751,960.  I was there during many of the later multipliers through yesterday and today, which really saved me, as well as not using too many flags in the first round.  the ranks are still updating, but it's safe to say I'm in the top 1,000 seeing as I was 255 before I threw in 400 more flags during this multiplier

2 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

I sure as heck tried for my dear Leo, and I didn't go down without a fight.  My score is pretty much now settled in at 751,960.  I was there during many of the later multipliers through yesterday and today, which really saved me, as well as not using too many flags in the first round.  the ranks are still updating, but it's safe to say I'm in the top 1,000 seeing as I was 255 before I threw in 400 more flags during this multiplier

If M!Robin wasn't in this gauntlet, I'd have joined Team Leo like I did on the Princes vs. Princesses Gauntlet, but yeah, you guys put up a good fight.

3 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

Rip Leo :(:. Hope you join the new initiative against Tharja led by the murderer of your beloved. (How bittersweet)

1 minute ago, Folt said:

If M!Robin wasn't in this gauntlet, I'd have joined Team Leo like I did on the Princes vs. Princesses Gauntlet, but yeah, you guys put up a good fight.

I was on his side in the Prince vs Princess Gauntlet as well, he's one of my favorite characters, not soley based on the marriage system, but his character is one I relate to in many ways.  

Just now, Gustavos said:

There's a Japanese user in the top 50 for Leo whose name translates to "Tomato is allowed"

ok

We need to start a thread where people post some weird usernames they've seen so far. Also...

Spoiler

Who wouldn't allow tomatoes?

5 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

I have nothing against Tharja or her supporters (I actually like tharja), Your teams arrogance was just annoying me, that said I did take it a bit too far and I apologise  

It's fine man.

I can understand you getting annoyed by arrogance(I get annoyed by it too). I try my best to never be arrogant, since it often leads to downfall. 

Just tired of seeing so much shit talking about Tharja here on SF. I guess she's just one of those characters you either love or despise.

7 minutes ago, Hero of the Fire Emblems said:

Just burn 400 flags in the last hour, that's the best you can do for Julia rn; you'll get more flags in the worst case scenario from the next set of flag quests tomorrow

Yep not gonna pull any punches back for Linde, for Sanaki and for Julia!!!

5 minutes ago, Magnux7 said:

It's fine man.

I can understand you getting annoyed by arrogance(I get annoyed by it too). I try my best to never be arrogant, since it often leads to downfall. 

Just tired of seeing so much shit talking about Tharja here on SF. I guess she's just one of those characters you either love or despise.

To be completely fair I'm neutral on Tharja; it's the concept of Tharja and what she represents- not fanservice but the fact yet again a gauntlet gets trampled over and any hope of the historical units being even close is crushed

At least with the previous two we had a second place contender; but Julia in particular is the first in I believe any gauntlet to have never appeared natively in a localized game. That means a fuckton if Nintendo actually sees demand for this character.

So this time it ends up being twofold for a character that gets way too much overexposure as it is

As a character Tharja is kind of meh to me. Don't like her, don't hate her.

Edited by Hero of the Fire Emblems

Hi there @VincentASM!

-vcqRTecX94.jpg

With only an hour left and not enough time to tip the scales, it might be safe to throw in the towel and admit defeat. Miracle never happen.
Thank you, Team Tharja, for an exciting match.

And please, stop insulting the other team, I'm speaking of everybody. Against Tharja, against Julia, against whomever, it's uncalled for and uncool.

1 minute ago, Hero of the Fire Emblems said:

To be completely fair I'm neutral on Tharja; it's the concept of Tharja and what she represents- not fanservice but the fact yet again a gauntlet gets trampled over and any hope of the historical units being even close is crushed

At least with the previous two we had a second place contender; but Julia in particular is the first in I believe any gauntlet to have never appeared natively in a localized game. That means a fuckton if Nintendo actually sees demand for this character.

So this time it ends up being twofold for a character that gets way too much overexposure as it is

Personally, I chose Lucina because I saw her as the best character. So  really, the first Gauntlet to me was something I chose because I believed in it.

Just now, Anime27Arts said:

I was on his side in the Prince vs Princess Gauntlet as well, he's one of my favorite characters, not soley based on the marriage system, but his character is one I relate to in many ways.  

He's my favorite simply because I like male mages and his element of choice (through Brynhildr) appears to be earth which is my third favored videogame element (after lightning and darkness).

He is also nicely designed and aesthetically has the black knight vibe going for him which is always great!

It's just, well, Robin is also pretty much a mage with a good design and he wields lightning (and darkness in Super Smash Bros.) and also has ties to a dragon that also uses darkness. Plus, since he's an Avatar, I can pretend I am him.

5 minutes ago, Magnux7 said:

It's fine man.

You either love or despise Tharja. There's almost nothing in between.

2 minutes ago, Hero of the Fire Emblems said:

Eh, it's still a popularity contest first and foremost. I think having a good performance against a juggernaut says plenty, even if there's rubberbanding involved.

6 minutes ago, Folt said:

You either love or despise Tharja. There's almost nothing in between.

Personally, I just don't understand what's appealing about her.

Edited by LowestRes

Just now, Folt said:

He's my favorite simply because I like male mages and his element of choice (through Brynhildr) appears to be earth which is my third favored videogame element (after lightning and darkness).

He is also nicely designed and aesthetically has the black knight vibe going for him which is always great!

It's just, well, Robin is also pretty much a mage with a good design and he wields lightning (and darkness in Super Smash Bros.) and also has ties to a dragon that also uses darkness. Plus, since he's an Avatar, I can pretend I am him.

I relate so much to that last statement.  I did seem to like the male mages in the gauntlet better this time mainly because I never got a copy of PoR/RD, and just never had the time to find and play a FE4 Emulator.  I do like Linde, and Tharja is alright but I just loved Leo, Merric, Robin, and cawful puns Henry as well, leaning me more towards the male side of the gauntlet.   

2 minutes ago, LowestRes said:

Personaly, I just don't understand what's appealing about her.

You don't have to understand what there is to like about Tharja to respect that other people do.

Edited by Sunwoo

3 minutes ago, LowestRes said:

Personaly, I just don't understand what's appealing about her.

No need to bash those who do, then. Just pay them some respect.