Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, because it'd be nice to see one of my hated characters lose for a change.

WRONG MOVE THARJA!

WE GOT THE MULTIPLIER, AND NOW ITS TIME TO CHALLENGE OUR FATE!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Arcanite said:

WRONG MOVE THARJA!

WE GOT THE MULTIPLIER, AND NOW ITS TIME TO CHALLENGE OUR FATE!

It's okay because YOU'RE ALREADY DEAD!

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Well, I cannot say I share your opinion completely (especially since I love Lucina XP), I do think that Robin winning instead of Tharja would be a truly grand event. For once, the obvious choice winner DOESN'T win. If Robin can actually pull off a victory, it would truly be something for the record book of his list of accomplishments. 

So we do share the goal of just wanting Tharja to not win. XP

Well, the only popular characters I seem to like are Ike and Ephraim. Well, and Cordelia and Azura, but they're not TOP favorites like those two are. My top favorite females aren't popular at all, sadly... (Elincia, Marcia, Jill)

But yes, we do share the goal of wanting the creepy stalker dark mage to lose!

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, the only popular characters I seem to like are Ike and Ephraim. Well, and Cordelia and Azura, but they're not TOP favorites like those two are. My top favorite females aren't popular at all, sadly... (Elincia, Marcia, Jill)

Lol XD Yes. Though I warn you. I absolutely loathe Ephraim. One of the few that hates the guy. 

But like many others, I like Ike! XD

Honestly, if it was a face off in a Gauntlet of my two most favorite characters in Fire Emblem, I would not know who to root for at all. 

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Indeed. We're all allies based on mutual hatred. Say what you like about Tharja, but it's great that she can bring people together like this.

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

Lol XD Yes. Though I warn you. I absolutely loathe Ephraim. One of the few that hates the guy. 

Hey uh do me a favor bud

Get out

6 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

OUR BONDS GIVE ME STRENGTH!

6 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Oh, and the thing with Fates was that they were trying to imply that Corrin reincarnates into Robin and Rhajat/Asugi/Caeldori change their identities and wind up in the Awakening-verse as their anagrammed counterparts basically, and it's in Fates that Rhajat decides that Corrin is the one she's meant to be with or whatever ~__~

oh...hm, yeah i'm not sure about that. i'm not really a fan of how Fates tried to rope Awakening in anyways, though what i know about it is basically from friends who played Revelations. maybe it could've been interesting, but it just seems a bit sloppy/tacked-on.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Even though I begrudgingly use him as a buff bot for my Nino, I'm right there with you in despising Ephraim. To me, he just comes as a try-hard badass who simultaneously has a horribly bland and uninteresting personality. I dislike his sister for also being ungodly boring among other reasons. Why weren't Innes and Tana the main characters of Sacred Stones instead?

16 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

heh, nice.

Hey dude I don't have you on my FL do I? :0 who you runnin' as leader?

8 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

oh...hm, yeah i'm not sure about that. i'm not really a fan of how Fates tried to rope Awakening in anyways, though what i know about it is basically from friends who played Revelations. maybe it could've been interesting, but it just seems a bit sloppy/tacked-on.

Yeah, I agree... it seems like they were just trying to capitalize on the popularity of the most-liked Awakening characters and it's not very well executed :\

10 minutes ago, Taxon said:

Indeed. We're all allies based on mutual hatred. Say what you like about Tharja, but it's great that she can bring people together like this.

Okay. I like her :D 

Also mmm keep that salt flowin' alla yall. Mmm that's good salt. So tasty

seriously though why can't yall be united for liking something lol. Hating things seems so stressful to me

Edited by BANRYU

I was partly ambivalent on what team to choose as I'm fond of both tharja and robin. I ended up choosing tharja just because I actually have her, but lack a robin. I'm mainly fond of tharja as I really like the yandere archetype and she resembles that, although she is a fairly mild yandere compared to the other main ones I like. It's one archetype I find really interesting in fiction, but would not want in real life (tsunderes are another that are better in fiction, than reality).

I ended up saving most of my flags so around 2500ish got used on tharja. Slightly regret not supporting merric as he ended up with a lot of 3x.

Edited by Mehdi2277

Just now, BANRYU said:

Okay. I like her :D

Also mmm keep that salt flowin' alla yall. Mmm that's good salt. So tasty

Oh come on now, I was just making a joke out of the situation. Let's keep it civil over here, yeah? No need to start baitin' me :P

If I was actually salty I'd be saying far worse than that.

6 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Hey dude I don't have you on my FL do I? :0 who you runnin' as leader?

Probably not. Unfortunately I don't think I have anybody from SF on my friend list yet. I'm running my TA Gronnraven Bunny Camilla to hopefully help people wreck all those Robins and other blues that are getting spammed. If you wanna add my code's 4922534500. :D

A real loss to Tharja is making Robin lose the gauntlet. :^)

If you really want to spite the dark mage, well, let's make sure Tharja wins.

Edited by Roflolxp54

1 minute ago, Roflolxp54 said:

A real loss to Tharja is making Robin lose the gauntlet. :^)

I'm pretty sure the vocal people despise her fans more than her.

For my Team Tharja dudes, I still have 2K in flags left and I'm just waiting on an opportune moment to drop 'em.  Hang in there!  It's not over till it's over!

Speaking of which, anybody on Tharja's team have any thoughts on strategy going forward from here, where we're down by close to a billion?  Part of me wants to wait for us to get the multiplier but if Team Robin just holds us even like this for a while, and if we don't make headway, we could end up losing just waiting for the multiplier to kick in.  I'm thinking I'll probably going to try for a moderated approach if we haven't had multiplier by partway through tomorrow, save like 400 flags in case of a multiplier and just burn everything else.

P.S. Congrats to Team Robin for the wild ride this gauntlet round has been so far - you're tipping our scales hard!  (But It's still anybody's game!)

P.P.S. If anybody wants to use my Hector or Tharja (and I kind of alternate between them as main), add me at 1227575257!

Edited by redshirtontherock
added friend code

5 minutes ago, redshirtontherock said:

For my Team Tharja dudes, I still have 2K in flags left and I'm just waiting on an opportune moment to drop 'em.  Hang in there!  It's not over till it's over!

Speaking of which, anybody on Tharja's team have any thoughts on strategy going forward from here, where we're down by close to a billion?  Part of me wants to wait for us to get the multiplier but if Team Robin just holds us even like this for a while, and if we don't make headway, we could end up losing just waiting for the multiplier to kick in.  I'm thinking I'll probably going to try for a moderated approach if we haven't had multiplier by partway through tomorrow, save like 400 flags in case of a multiplier and just burn everything else.

P.S. Congrats to Team Robin for the wild ride this gauntlet round has been so far - you're tipping our scales hard!  (But It's still anybody's game!)

And it's not over yet! I personally have 2,825 flags and haven't even finished the arena quests yet.

I'm holding onto mine until a possible opportunity arises with Robin getting one last multiplier. I can only foresee the possibility of there being 1 more for Robin and that's it. Then I think I'll use what's left up.