Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Can I help it if IS keeps putting my most hated characters in the gauntlet and against a lot of characters that they'd obviously beat? No.

You need more chill in your life.

If you expect people to respect your opinions and take you seriously, you need to stop getting worked up over a popularity contest.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Dude, come on. We did our best. We shouldn't have to be this upset over it. The multiplier at least gave us a better chance this time than any other time before. Maybe with this, IS can work harder for the next Gauntlet.

It's not losing I'm upset about though. It's seeing yet ANOTHER hated character win. If it was Linde or someone, I wouldn't care nearly as much.

2 minutes ago, Beddlam said:

No, but you can help your crappy attitude. 

Okay, this was uncalled for.

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

No, it was. At least yesterday it was. Yeah, IS would need to work on how the Voting Gauntlet works out some more, but at least this final match was far better than the last two final matches. I felt really excited and for a moment, I thought we could win. 

I for one have no regrets in this.

That's where the obfuscation comes in, though. I found watching Robin bleed out by 200+ million per hour against Tharja the exact opposite of exciting. Just looking at the math, any burst Robin could have put up would have been inevitably rendered null (which it was). Yes, Robin passed Tharja yesterday, and in a weird twist of irony, that actually made the situation even worse for him.

1 minute ago, Gustavos said:

Furthermore, Robin scored 2.7 billion in the last hour. That puts our power at 900 million per hour.

And Robin shouldn't wait for a multiplier if his best multiplier was just over 3 billion. By the time we could make that happen, the scores for both teams will surpass 30 billion each - impossible to tie up the score let alone take a lead. We need to match blow for blow. It also lets the longtime Team Robins spend their bank accounts of flags too. 

This guy gets it.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm not going to say no to free feathers. I don't care about winning or losing. I'm here to have fun.

This guy too. I should be walking away with a little over 10,000 feathers from this gauntlet.

1 minute ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Yes, Robin passed Tharja yesterday, and in a weird twist of irony, that actually made the situation even worse for him.

How so? Because this makes zero sense to me.

Just now, Hawk King said:

This guy gets it.

This guy too. I should be walking away with a little over 10,000 feathers from this gauntlet.

It was enough already before the final round for me to promote the three FE heroes main characters.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

It's not losing I'm upset about though. It's seeing yet ANOTHER hated character win. If it was Linde or someone, I wouldn't care nearly as much.

Maybe next time there'll be a loved character. Maybe Ike will be in the next one. He's likely to win there. 

9 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but this was hardly a real final match. IS simply obfuscated the numbers with their bandaid comeback mechanic. This match was still the equivalent of sending a toddler in to box Mike Tyson.

I completely agree with this and also found that comparison very funny. This gauntlet was no different than the first two in that the ultra popular had far too many people backing them for there to be any chance of that character losing. All this "fix" did was to create the illusion of a close final match. Robin would've already been dead and buried 24 hours ago if the multiplier mechanic was never added.

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

Maybe next time there'll be a loved character. Maybe Ike will be in the next one. He's likely to win there. 

Agreed, unless he's against Lyn or Lucina. Then he might lose.

Time to spend, spend, spend! Whatever happens from now on, I am glad I gave my all for Team Robin!

(And Robin has been very kind to me in return: I'll have enough feathers to make some SI dreams come true and I didn't have to back a child abuser to get them.)

4 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

You need more chill in your life.

If you expect people to respect your opinions and take you seriously, you need to stop getting worked up over a popularity contest.

might be a bit late on that

Just now, Anacybele said:

Agreed, unless he's against Lyn or Lucina. Then he might lose.

Nah. Even against them Ike can win pull off a win. Ike is one of THE most popular characters around. 

The gauntlets can keep on improving surely. They'll theorize, test, and improve formulas to help the matches be better performed.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Okay, this was uncalled for.

You put it upon yourself most of the time.

If you don't like the voting gauntlet status quo, then you could... you know. Not participate in a thread that is dedicated to it?

Like literally all you're doing is bellyaching in this thread.

I, for one, refuse to be anything other than a little disappointed. It's not worth anything more severe than that, folks. It's just a popularity contest between fictitious characters in a Japanese strategy RPG. The fictitious waifu embodiment of yandere fanservice beat out the fictitious blank slate chosen-one self-insert hero. Oh well, better luck next time!

1443410239264.jpg

Edited by Cossack>Cavalier
spelling

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm not going to say no to free feathers. I don't care about winning or losing. I'm here to have fun.

^This! After all, I've been on the losing team (Ephraim and Minerva) since the first gauntlet. Might as well put up a fight and enjoy every bit of this contest than mourn over something that was obvious from the start.

5 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

From what I hear, some dumb Team Robinites elsewhere have been rallying for mass flag usage 'to make sure Tharja doesn't pull ahead' or some horseshit like that =3= my condolences. 

Somehow, I can't blame such optimism, haha.

Just now, Cossack>Cavalier said:

I, for one, refuse to be anything other than a little disappointed. It's not worth anything more severe than that, folks. It's just a popularity contest between fictitious characters in a Japanese strategy RPG. The fictitious waifu embodiment of yandere fanservice waifu beat out the fictitious blank slate choson-one self-insert hero. Oh well, better luck next time!

1443410239264.jpg

I wish this post can be pinned for every voting gauntlet.

1 minute ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Uh oh guys we've got an imposter over here in the top 50 of team Robin.

IMG_0974.thumb.PNG.b441a73c47fa541b2e150b1f72b7c940.PNG

:O

If its not Ryoma................

KELLAM!!?!??!?!?!??!

3 minutes ago, Luxian said:

^This! After all, I've been on the losing team (Ephraim and Minerva) since the first gauntlet. Might as well put up a fight and enjoy every bit of this contest than mourn over something that was obvious from the start.

Somehow, I can't blame such optimism, haha.

I've been on team Ephraim and Minerva from the get go for all their rounds too, but I still overall enjoyed Ephraim's battle against Chrom because it was a even match and the character which according to the Heroes poll ranked lower by 3 places won so I just feel extremely proud about that victory. 

Just now, Gustavos said:

Obv it's Xane

Oh yeah forgot about that guy!

I remember giving him a silver ax and copying Minerva and killing everyone on the map

Good times

Goooooooooood times

5 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Nah. Even against them Ike can win pull off a win. Ike is one of THE most popular characters around.

So are Lyn and Lucina. Though I'd say Lyn has a smaller chance due to Lucina being in a much more popular game.