Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not gonna lie, this is a major dissapointment...

Seeing Julia lose was already bad enough, since it means that for the first time in the Voting Gauntlets a pre-3DS Fire Emblem character didn't make it into finals. But in addition; our only hope of stopping another mainstream waifu from winning another voting gauntlet for the third time in a row is getting demolished! 

I don't even get it; Robin was in Smash Bros! I thought that would be enough to at least equal all the people that picked her because of the fan service (Don't mean to generalize with this, i know many have other reasons for liking her... But let's be honest; that's what the majority of her voters are in it for).

Lets be honest. This is just a game about ficticious characters. Who cares who wins or not. Its about the rewards I believe. Tharja or robin? If I had to choose between the two for an arena team I would pick Tharja. When it comes to blue Id pick Linden just because I believe that I can make better use of them. I dont care if somebody loses or wins a popularity contest. To me its about the rewards that can help me improve my team.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

How so? Because this makes zero sense to me.

Because he then ended up with a meaninglessly small lead that could be easily overtaken. This added even more time to how long it would take to trigger the next x3 multiplier. As we can now see with the final multiplier timing, this did nothing to help align anything for the final hour (not that the sum totals wouldn't have been too large for a final-hour x3 to surmount, anyway).

1 minute ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Because he then ended up with a meaninglessly small lead that could be easily overtaken. This added even more time to how long it would take to trigger the next x3 multiplier. As we can now see with the final multiplier timing, this did nothing to help align anything for the final hour (not that the sum totals wouldn't have been too large for a final-hour x3 to surmount, anyway).

That's not necessarily true. There's a chance it is, but we don't know for sure.

9 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

:O

If its not Ryoma................

KELLAM!!?!??!?!?!??!

This

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

For all we know, it could be a Ditto or a Zorua / Zoroark.

Also this, but it could be Mew as well. 

GO ROBIN LET'S DO THIS!!!  DO IT FOR CHROM WHO ALREADY LOST!!!!!!

Welp, seems like every side I chose this gauntlet ended being the losing one, but at least it means that I was able to use the x3 more than I had been on the winning team. This, at the moment, grants me a Total Rank of 810. If nothing changes this mean I'll have obtained a hair less than 12K feathers just from the gauntlet rewards. I'm fine with losing if that's the consolation prize.

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

Ow. Just ow man.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ am I completely wrong, though

3 minutes ago, Jedrus Lilac said:

Lets be honest. This is just a game about ficticious characters. Who cares who wins or not. Its about the rewards I believe. Tharja or robin? If I had to choose between the two for an arena team I would pick Tharja. When it comes to blue Id pick Linden just because I believe that I can make better use of them. I dont care if somebody loses or wins a popularity contest. To me its about the rewards that can help me improve my team.

Thank you for summing up any practical and rational person's views on the matter =w= 

...that might sound like sarcasm but it's more aimed at the people who have... other standpoints on the matter lol ;;

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I do

Lyn is only #3 in your book, why should i acknowledge your opinion?

You guys need to calm down, though. It's just a game and a popularity contest. You guys get too salty over some stuff.

Just now, Sophie said:

You guys need to calm down, though. It's just a game and a popularity contest. You guys get too salty over some stuff.

You should have seen the smash bros. thread for speculation.

22 minutes ago, Allergic_to_Farming said:

I don't even get it; Robin was in Smash Bros! I thought that would be enough to at least equal all the people that picked her because of the fan service (Don't mean to generalize with this, i know many have other reasons for liking her... But let's be honest; that's what the majority of her voters are in it for).

Though I know it's not an end all be all, but Tharja was the highest ranked non-Lord female in Choose Your Legends only behind Lyn and Lucina and also ranked 4th overall. In terms of the Smash Bros. FE characters, Robin only placed 7th (6th if you don't want to count Ike twice) so he is far from the most popular FE Smash rep according to CYL. Compared to Tharja, Robin was only the 8th placed male and placed 16th overall. Just some food for thought.

Edited by Tybrosion

You know, it’s actually pretty amazing how popular Tharja is. She’s a random side character that some casual players might kill instead of recruit, and her main-game portrait is fairly modest (she covers herself with a book). It’s the dlc and fanart and figures and basically the “has the nicest body” meme (not even in localized version) and such that she’s so boosted. She’s just below the toptier, around/above the popularity of Camilla who has a more recent game, is a much better unit gameplaywise, is far more of an important character storywise, and had cgi cutscenes emphasizing her assets.

Anyways, we’ll have to see how things shake out but I’m not even sure the underdog team gets considerably more feathers. Apparently it wasn’t that hard to get a decent rank in Tharja’s army since everyone was saving flags, while it’s very competitive in the armies with the 3x bonus since everyone wants to spend during that time. I got 2500 first round spending around 1500 flags in Linde's army, but missed top 5k second round with Julia just barely since I missed some of the bonus, spending 1400/1510. Probably will rank in one of the two tiers in the 10k-50k range for Robin’s team this round. And 1k-5k range cumulative.

Yeah Tharja team will have a worse cumulative, but with the victory bonus 500x3, it’s really easy to make up those ranks lost. Even being in the top 50k would be a net 500 feathers (if missing out on top 1k like me).

Edited by XeKr

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That's not necessarily true. There's a chance it is, but we don't know for sure.

Well, the proof is in the pudding. Robin just got a x3 and failed to overtake Tharja. Several billion more points down the line would make it borderline impossible. Seriously, as I mentioned to Ice Dragon, it would have require extreme luck and coordination to abuse the system in just the right way to get Robin the win. We're talking 0.00000000000000000000000000001% levels of chance here. And that's assuming we found someone connected and charismatic enough to somehow herd thousands upon thousands of online people into doing as they say.

1 minute ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Well, the proof is in the pudding. Robin just got a x3 and failed to overtake Tharja. Several billion more points down the line would make it borderline impossible. Seriously, as I mentioned to Ice Dragon, it would have require extreme luck and coordination to abuse the system in just the right way to get Robin the win. We're talking 0.00000000000000000000000000001% levels of chance here. And that's assuming we found someone connected and charismatic enough to somehow herd thousands upon thousands of online people into doing as they say.

Why didn't you just ask me sooner? I could've done it. If only I'd known earlier you needed the skills of the most charismatic man on the internet.

4 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

You should have seen the smash bros. thread for speculation.

Oh, I know.
I don't want to go back to the bad timelines, though.

2 minutes ago, XeKr said:

snip

You forget about cumulative scores.  I doubt people on team Tharja had that many opportunities to hit 3x.  Though I may be wrong.

1 minute ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

I've been on team Ephraim and Minerva from the get go for all their rounds too, but I still overall enjoyed Ephraim's battle against Chrom because it was a even match and the character which according to the Heroes poll ranked lower by 3 places won so I just feel extremely proud about that victory. 

Yeah, same! It was so much fun against Chrom, never expected Ephraim to be that popular, so bonus! And with no multiplier at that time, it was even more satisfying. This fight against Tharja is exciting on its own, so let's enjoy this gauntlet until the very end ans show Tharja what we can do! 

3 minutes ago, Jedrus Lilac said:

Well rewards are tied to who wins/loses so... you do care about who wins, then (though for different reasons than most)? But I see your point. That said, before being a popularity contest, it's a contest nonetheless. So I can understand being salty as much as I understand people can get competitive (I myself am pretty competitive though.) I do believe it's part of a game and it spice it up. And actually I don't really care about the reward. It's bonus, that's all. Just enjoying this gauntlet thoroughly. But again, I see your point.

24 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Okay, this was uncalled for.

Actually it was very much called for. You don't have any control over who IS puts in the gauntlets, but you do have control over how you respond to it. And coming in and ranting about how Tharja doesn't deserve to win (whatever that means) and saying you are going to quit because the characters you like aren't winning is objectively a crappy attitude.

4 minutes ago, Sophie said:

To be honest, you really shouldn't

5 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

GO ROBIN LET'S DO THIS!!!  DO IT FOR CHROM WHO ALREADY LOST!!!!!!

WE CHALLENGE OUR FATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Thank you for summing up any practical and rational person's views on the matter =w= 

So because I care about winning, I'm not practical or rational eh?

Well screw you too

3 minutes ago, Beddlam said:

Actually it was very much called for. You don't have any control over who IS puts in the gauntlets, but you do have control over how you respond to it. And coming in and ranting about how Tharja doesn't deserve to win (whatever that means) and saying you are going to quit because the characters you like aren't winning is objectively a crappy attitude.

No, it was uncalled for because it was an insult. I don't have any control over who IS puts in the gauntlet, but I am very much allowed to be disappointed at the outcome if I want to.