Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Alright, with that out of the way, since this Gauntlet is almost over, why not discuss how the NEXT gauntlet should be. What will the theme of the next Gauntlet be and who do you guys think should be in it?

Though I know the chances of it happening are next to none, I like the idea of June's gauntlet pitting the at that point eight released Grand Hero Battle characters against each other. They could be paired up according to the month where they were first released so we could have Narcian vs. Robin (F) and Ursula vs. Michalis on one side and Navarre vs. Zephiel and Xander vs. Lloyd on the other. I suppose instead of having banners, they could either re-run all eight Grand Hero Battles and/or offer quests that reward a copy of each character. Yes, I know this is very much a pipe dream but I think it would be a cool idea.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So like ninja/assassin? That'd be interesting. Do we have enough? 

Also, taking what someone said, we should have the next Gauntlet be about characters that AREN'T super popular. Let's choose characters from the sheet that are mediocre or are average to people.

Looking at the wiki we appear to be one dagger short unfortunately. Come on IS give us more!! 

We ether need a gauntlet of non ultra popular characters or only ultra popular characters. I honestly do hope that they do a gauntlet off all the winners once we hit the ninth gauntlet. 

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Though I know the chances of it happening are next to none, I like the idea of June's gauntlet pitting the at that point eight released Grand Hero Battle characters against each other. They could be paired up according to the month where they were first released so we could have Narcian vs. Robin (F) and Ursula vs. Michalis on one side and Navarre vs. Zephiel and Xander vs. Lloyd on the other. I suppose instead of having banners, they could either re-run all eight Grand Hero Battles and/or offer quests that reward a copy of each character. Yes, I know this is very much a pipe dream but I think it would be a cool idea.

I actually like that idea. Would be interesting. Shame we are missing someone critical. That someone is CAMUS!!!

Just now, DarkLordIvy said:

Looking at the wiki we appear to be one dagger short unfortunately. Come on IS give us more!! 

We ether need a gauntlet of non ultra popular characters or only ultra popular characters. I honestly do hope that they do a gauntlet off all the winners once we hit the ninth gauntlet. 

So take all the winners like Lucina, Tharja, and Camilla and have them all fight to the death with the other winners. That'd be interesting. Who will be the legend among legend?

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Or maybe it'll be a Cavalier match! 

Cain vs Abel!

Sully vs Stahl!

I've seen someone suggest Christmas cavalier pairings before and I think it'd be great, but they'd have to add more of the pairs. *coughs Kent/Sain *coughs*

40 minutes ago, Sayyyaka said:

You forget about cumulative scores.  I doubt people on team Tharja had that many opportunities to hit 3x.  Though I may be wrong.

I mentioned this near the end of my post you quoted. Tharja gets 1500 feathers from victory, and it’s not easy to make up that difference through cumulative rank. 

I’m just outside the top 1000, and spent most of my flags with the 3x bonus on Linde’s, Julia’s, and some on Robin’s team. That yields 2600 feathers for the cumulative (I didn't have the other characters so I would rank even lower cumulatively without the 10% matching bonus). A Tharja supporter in the top 50k will get 1600 which is net 500 more. An unranked supporter gets 1000 which is just 100 less. Even a Tharja supporter that is unranked cumulatively vs. someone in the top 1000, only loses 500 feathers vs. someone who lost every round but ranked highly each round+cumulatively, which is barely anything.

The best strat seems to be someone who won some rounds for 500-1000 victory feathers, and still got a decent number of 3x multipliers, so Leo->Robin, Robin, or Julia->Tharja. And at best they get 1000 or so more feathers compared to straight Tharja? Incidentally, this was pretty much the best strat for feathers in the previous gauntlets, so pretty much the 3x bonus didn't change anything given upsets are still so unlikely and feather yields are comparable. 

Like I said, we’ll need to see how Tharja’s supporters end up ranking. Which probably heavily depends on if they caught the early 3x chances or not, which is admittedly challenging for NA players.

Edited by XeKr

I actually like that idea. Would be interesting. Shame we are missing someone critical. That someone is CAMUS!!!

i feel like F Robin would be the juggernaut in that gauntlet which is no fun, so replace her with Camus >U

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

So take all the winners like Lucina, Tharja, and Camilla and have them all fight to the death with the other winners. That'd be interesting. Who will be the legend among legend?

I would pay to watch the fallout from that match :p

1 minute ago, Sayyyaka said:

KAZE PLEASE

YES

26 minutes ago, Luxian said:

Yeah, same! It was so much fun against Chrom, never expected Ephraim to be that popular, so bonus! And with no multiplier at that time, it was even more satisfying. This fight against Tharja is exciting on its own, so let's enjoy this gauntlet until the very end ans show Tharja what we can do! 

Well rewards are tied to who wins/loses so... you do care about who wins, then (though for different reasons than most)? But I see your point. That said, before being a popularity contest, it's a contest nonetheless. So I can understand being salty as much as I understand people can get competitive (I myself am pretty competitive though.) I do believe it's part of a game and it spice it up. And actually I don't really care about the reward. It's bonus, that's all. Just enjoying this gauntlet thoroughly. But again, I see your point.

Let's tip the scales! It's looking close right now.

Displaying Screenshot_20170517-152225.png

My ID is 2845872020 so feel free to add me. ^^

1 minute ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

Let's tip the scales! It's looking close right now.

Displaying Screenshot_20170517-152225.png

My ID is 2845872020 so feel free to add me. ^^

Done. Good thing I was cleaning my friend list then xD You'll recognise my straight away. If you want me to change my lead, just say so. For now, it's Klein.

1 minute ago, wizzard of soz said:

i feel like F Robin would be the juggernaut in that gauntlet which is no fun, so replace her with Camus >U

Eh, while Robin (F) could end up as the clear favorite in this hypothetical gauntlet, I don't think her team would be quite as massive as the previous juggernauts. For what it is worth, Robin (F) didn't place within the top 10 in Choose Your Legends unlike Lucina, Camilla and Tharja.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Eh, while Robin (F) could end up as the clear favorite in this hypothetical gauntlet, I don't think her team would be quite as massive as the previous juggernauts. For what it is worth, Robin (F) didn't place within the top 10 in Choose Your Legends unlike Lucina, Camilla and Tharja.

maybe not as massive. but then in that gauntlet she'd be the only Awakening character which, a lot of people seem to agree that Awakening fans are a large portion of the fanbase? a lot of people probably only know the others from playing Heroes, so it might cause people to flock to her side just because of who she's paired up against. -shrug-

i just want to not be able to predict the winner in a gauntlet for once, bah. 

So with the gauntlet all but decided how are people feeling about the 3x multiplier?

I liked how it at least made matches seem more competitive, without really allowing for a major upset. I am ambivalent on the effect on cumulative score, I like that it gives some incentive for you to support your favorite even if they will lose, but it does feel unfair to those that back the winners. The major issue I have with it is the time-dependent nature. If you are backing a winner, you will likely only get 2-3 multipliers per round, and at least one of them will probably be in the first 3 hours of the gauntlet, which is 3-6am for my time zone. Especially for a casual game like this, I am against any event that punishes you for getting a good night's rest. 

1 minute ago, Beddlam said:

The major issue I have with it is the time-dependent nature. If you are backing a winner, you will likely only get 2-3 multipliers per round, and at least one of them will probably be in the first 3 hours of the gauntlet, which is 3-6am for my time zone. Especially for a casual game like this, I am against any event that punishes you for getting a good night's rest. 

This is my biggest issue with this voting gauntlet as I'm in the same boat as you. It's pretty stressful to stay up late (or take roughly a 3-hour nap between gauntlet rounds) to take full advantage of the 3x mod. And then, the toxicity of some of the community backing anybody other than the winner just only exacerbates the stressful experience.

31 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

27 minutes ago, Sayyyaka said:

KAZE PLEASE

While I would love to see Kaze in the game, for the sake of diversifying the source of characters in the gauntlet (and totally not any favorite game bias) I'd like to see Volke for a gauntlet like that personally.

5 minutes ago, Beddlam said:

So with the gauntlet all but decided how are people feeling about the 3x multiplier?

I liked how it at least made matches seem more competitive, without really allowing for a major upset. I am ambivalent on the effect on cumulative score, I like that it gives some incentive for you to support your favorite even if they will lose, but it does feel unfair to those that back the winners. The major issue I have with it is the time-dependent nature. If you are backing a winner, you will likely only get 2-3 multipliers per round, and at least one of them will probably be in the first 3 hours of the gauntlet, which is 3-6am for my time zone. Especially for a casual game like this, I am against any event that punishes you for getting a good night's rest. 

I think it's a good addition.... only because IS cannot balance their unit choice. If it wasn't Lucina, Camilla, or Tharja who reign supreme over the fandom, maybe other contenders could have a chance without it. Else, the multiplier would be useless. Not to mention the 10% makes the multiplier available at the very beginning when the two armies steals the lead one hour after the other and when the supposed juggernaut has too much of an advantage, which means a day thereafter. And as shown earlier, it couldn't make a difference because there is too much of a difference. 10% of 20 billion is still 2 billion. Even with the multiplier, it's near impossible to catch up, so the idea is fine on paper, but still needs to be reworked.

And as you said, while I like the competitive addition, I don't want it to impede on my sleep. 

I knew Robin had a very real chance of winning... I mean, the difference in score gain may speak for itself, but from the few chances I had today to look at the score, things were looking promising. I hesitate to guess at how the score would have been without the multiplier, but I like to think I would have still been right in Robin having a real shot... not to sound smug, even though I know that's probably how it'll come across... even though I'm on Team Tharja, and being smug about thinking Robin might win is indeed strange...

Weird tangent aside, from the few chances I had during the day to play, I just burned all the flags I could, because I knew there was no chance we'd (Team Tharja) would be getting another multiplier. About 600 or so flags to go. Even though we didn't have as many x3 chances as other teams, I think those of how who utilised them as best we could, still benefited quite a bit. I mean, I'm currently sitting at a total rank of 12,583, which I don't think is that bad, considering. It's probably reflective of the people who weren't aware of the bonus, or didn't care enough about the gauntlet to optimise and maximise their scores, and also the people who probably just missed the x3 opportunities... As others have said, it's a mechanic that kind of just screws with the scores in a weird way, that is awesome for the people who can utilise it, but kind of screws over the people who can't.

38 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

WHO ACTUALLY WANTS TO TALK ABOUT THE GAUNTLET NOW?

Spoiler

ME ME ME ME ME!! I MUST TALK ABOUT HOW I TRIUMPHANTLY DUMPED MY LAST 400 FLAGS AT THE 3x MULTIPLIER, IN THE NAME OF LORD GRIMA, TIPPER OF SCALES, MASTER OF EUGENICS, THE GRAND TACTICIAN ROBIN, WHILE COOKING SPICY, SWEET 'N' SOUR PURPLE CABBAGE FOR DINNER DDD:<

*ahem* Sorry needed to let that out of my system. Only 30 flags left now.  So salty I didn't make it for the 3x multiplier rally here on SF. ahh it seemed so fun x'D

33 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

I think a dagger or bow gauntlet could be pretty interesting

Just imagine all the cute Ninos going out to support best man Jaffar. It would be super adorable *-* 

@MonkeyCheez3K !!! Hello there~ Fancy seeing a friendly face on the rankings ;). 

Spoiler
1 minute ago, komasa said:

ME ME ME ME ME!! I MUST TALK ABOUT HOW I TRIUMPHANTLY DUMPED MY LAST 400 FLAGS AT THE 3x MULTIPLIER, IN THE NAME OF LORD GRIMA, TIPPER OF SCALES, MASTER OF EUGENICS, THE GRAND TACTICIAN ROBIN, WHILE COOKING SPICY, SWEET 'N' SOUR PURPLE CABBAGE FOR DINNER DDD:<

4 words:

Spoiler

GIVE ME THE RECIPE PLEASE!!!!!

3 minutes ago, komasa said:

*ahem* Sorry needed to let that out of my system. Only 30 flags left now.  So salty I didn't make it for the 3x multiplier rally here on SF. ahh it seemed so fun x'D

I'm still in the upper 2k for flags

I MUST WAIT FOR ANOTHERCHANCE!

@Frenzify What you said about the gauntlet 3x modifier is completely correct. Its just a double edge sword when it comes to players personal score. I've given up on trying to catch when that stupid 3x modifier hits and just blowing all the battle flags for three rounds as best as can since it was pointless to use them in previous round for Robin since I miss the modifier.  Right now I'm like rank 11,114 in army with using a personal score of 462,800 and then you see the top 50 is in the 800-900 thousand range.  This system is so messed up.  

Anyway the gauntlet has been good.  Nice getting those free 4-5 feathers per battle.  Always a plus.  Plus this one really got the community talking which is good. Page 155 isn't bad for that.  Hopefully the heroes read this thread so they know how their player base is.

Also congrads on ranks to @Monkeycheez3k and @ komasa.  Very impressive scores!

10 minutes ago, Tarilaan said:

While I would love to see Kaze in the game, for the sake of diversifying the source of characters in the gauntlet (and totally not any favorite game bias) I'd like to see Volke for a gauntlet like that personally.

You know what I agree. A dagger gauntlet would not be complete without Volke. Sothe could maybe come too. 

21 minutes ago, komasa said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Just imagine all the cute Ninos going out to support best man Jaffar. It would be super adorable *-* 

That would be the best!