Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

19 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Anyone think team Robin will get the multiplier at the last second? It looks possible actually.

The gap needs to be greater than 10% in order to trigger the multiplier if you wanna sit down and try to figure out the math. Current rates still say "close but no". Would probably do it with another 2 hours.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GO MEROBIN!!! IT'S NOT OVER YET!!! WE CAN DO IT!!

Spoiler

LET ME SHOW MY SUPPORT WITH MY CUSTOM MEROBIN!!

Spoiler

591ce3d38a1af_KimberRobin.png.b3bed032e9067f7fd26524fe2aeebf5c.png TIME TO TIP THE SCALES!!!!!!

Spoiler

Her jacket is not gone because of how hard it is.

Spoiler

Yes she's derpy, like me! I tried!! please don't be mad Robin Me!

26 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Anyone think team Robin will get the multiplier at the last second? It looks possible actually.

Tharja got 670 Mil votes from the past hour, if that continues for the next 3 hours and Robin gets 0 votes for the next 3 hours, the bonus will still not activate for the final hour

If I did my math right, there's currently only about a 4-5% difference between the two. So yeah, Robin almost definitely is never gonna see the multiplier again at the rate the scoring is going. 

35 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

GO MEROBIN!!! IT'S NOT OVER YET!!! WE CAN DO IT!!

Hide contents

LET ME SHOW MY SUPPORT WITH MY CUSTOM MEROBIN!!

Hide contents

591ce3d38a1af_KimberRobin.png.b3bed032e9067f7fd26524fe2aeebf5c.png TIME TO TIP THE SCALES!!!!!!

Hide contents

Her jacket is not gone because of how hard it is.

Hide contents

Yes she's derpy, like me! I tried!! please don't be mad Robin Me!

What's wrong with her arms? o_O

15 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

Everything I'm using a free derpy software don't mind me

Well I think it's amazing! Just like you, me! :)

Also, I ended up getting busy and now I have too much flags left over LOL

Edited by Arcanite

(Missed the multiplier, I was asleep.)

Someone mentioned a bunch of Ninos supporting Jaffar in a dagger gauntlet, and that might be an interesting tweak: make the same-hero advantage larger, and give the current space to giving an advantage if you're using a character related to your support. Examples from this gauntlet:

Using Seliph on Team Julia
Using Chrom on Team Robin
Using Xander, Camilla or Eliseon Team Leo

This would probably have to wait for when Magvel, Tellius and to a lesser extent Jugdral get greater representation in the interest of fairness, but it might be a fun little tweak that ultimately accomplishes little but encouraging team diversity.

All right, there's 2.5 hours left in this thing and I've 400 flags remaining with an army ranking of 26,802  and total ranking of 10,562

At this stage of the game, I just want to break past 10k and I will be satisfied. Given the scores of some who amassed a score of nearly 1 million in this round alone, while thats just over how much mine is total.... *shudders*

Only time will tell what I end up with

I'm in top 10K for both Robin and cumulative, but I expect to be booted from the former since I have no flags left and there's two and a half hours to go. Assuming that happens, that's a pay day of 4500 feathers. Just enough for me to reach 20000 feathers.

How sweet it is.

I've got ten flags left. I'm currently 6k overall ranking and 12k for this round. What's the likelihood I'm going to stay in my current tiers? I hope good, 'cos the flag drop is pretty steep. Still sore I missed the last multiplier. If it had held off just one hour -.-

Oh well. Robin still wins over Tharja in my eyes, no matter what some gauntlet says xD 

(And Leo wins overall. Go Leo!) 

Edited by Cute Chao

When the thread isn't hot, you know that's when everyone knows who won :(

Spoiler

TELL ME WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

IS IT SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!?!?!?!?!

Anywho, I'm ready for my flipping feathers anyway. Then we have those orbs coming pretty soon so

49 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Well, we may not win, but we can at least throw everything we've got in these last few hours.

Damn straight.

I'll be just shy of 400K points by the time all is said and done.  All out of flags, but that's okay.  I had fun with it~!

Bumped from the top 10k overall with 2 hours to go, ah well. At least everything else is more or less official now.

Feather totals probably:
Round 1 [Julia]: 1300+500
Round 2 [Julia]: 2500
Round 3 [Tharja]: 2300+500
Total Rank: 2600

Total Feathers Flags Feathers: 9700

Some thoughts:

• I liked this competition more than the fliers, even though Wyvern Rider is my favorite class and I landed a 5* Cherche out of it. Probably because of the 3x bonus. Speaking of...
  • Feeling ambivalent about the 3x bonus. It has no real effect on most outcomes given how long the rounds are and how big 10% ends up being. I don't think IS wants this to be anything other than a popularity contest -- in which case the Lucinas and such should be winning, they're more popular -- so I don't mind that aspect. The illusion of a close competition makes things more fun and this helps. What DOES suck however is the timing aspect of it, which largely fucks over anyone in the wrong time zone for daring to sleep through triple hour. I happened to be awake for all of the Julia and both final Tharja bonuses thanks to my work schedule, but eh. Hope they tinker with this rather than ditching it entirely.
  • Free hero merit is sweet.
  • I always love being able to use other people's characters even without really benefiting from it. There really oughta be some sort of unit rental thing you can do to borrow one of your friends' units outside of the gauntlet. Obviously not full-on trading or building, but I think it'd be a nice touch and give real purpose to the friend list.
  • People harping on Tharja made me go back and reread some of her supports and DLC dialogue, and I actually appreciate her even more than I did before. Conversely, my opinion of Robin actually went down a bit after reading some of his/hers. Hates fun.
  • On that note, negativity is just the nature of the beast for a big competitive event like this. As annoying as some people get with the whining and bitching, it's still worth it for all the hope and excitement and fan art. Also feathers and orbs and nifty banners. Gauntlet week is best week and I'll not hear otherwise.
  • In case anyone's curious, my teams have been Chrom > Chrom > Ephraim, Cherche > Subaki > Camilla, Julia > Julia > Tharja. I play favorites based on who I have for the bonus, although I had neither Ephraim nor Lucina for the first finals (got Lucina now though).
  • Elibe is 0/24 on gauntlet characters, color me surprised if they go 0/32.

Hope you all had fun!
[this is where I'd have a dancing Julia gif if I knew how to art]

Just to make sure I'm not going crazy it will go to minutes after this right this right I'm pretty sure I can wait for the next refresh to spent flags because I'll hate myself if the multiplier suddenly appears and I spent all my flags

Edited by Locke087

4 minutes ago, a bear said:
  • People harping on Tharja made me go back and reread some of her supports and DLC dialogue, and I actually appreciate her even more than I did before. Conversely, my opinion of Robin actually went down a bit after reading some of his/hers. Hates fun.

I think Tharja is a sorely misunderstood character.  It takes a lot of reading/sourcing to get her full personality, though.

However, she failed to show up in my roster, hence why I didn't side with her.

12 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

When the thread isn't hot, you know that's when everyone knows who won :(

Reveal hidden contents

TELL ME WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

IS IT SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!?!?!?!?!

Anywho, I'm ready for my flipping feathers anyway. Then we have those orbs coming pretty soon so

I'm ready for my flippin' flags too! Pretty soon, I'll have nearly 40k flags, which will be going to upgrading Camus (he needs to get here already!) and then Xander. Or maybe I might do Xander now. Cecilia will follow after those two, for true horse madness...

2 minutes ago, Astellius said:

I'm ready for my flippin' flags too! Pretty soon, I'll have nearly 40k flags

Oh man now we've got people saying flags in place of feathers too! This gauntlet's doing it to everyone now!

8 minutes ago, eclipse said:

However, she failed to show up in my roster, hence why I didn't side with her.

Oh so you didn't go for the sell-out this time eh?

4 minutes ago, Astellius said:

I'm ready for my flippin' flags too! Pretty soon, I'll have nearly 40k flags, which will be going to upgrading Camus (he needs to get here already!) and then Xander. Or maybe I might do Xander now. Cecilia will follow after those two, for true horse madness...

Yeah my horse team needs work too, and I have everything needed to complete it!

I am also waiting for Camus and Xander!