Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

I know that people here like to joke a lot, but I am completely serious on the crazy people thing. They are not funny at all. 

And I'm being completely serious too :P

Crazy people can definitely be cool, and I feel as if they possess a unique role in the world in making it nice and interesting!

Though it depends on what kind of crazy we're talking about heh

Crazy like a murderer? No

Crazy enough to eat a worm? Booyah!

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I 300% disagree

What about Gregory House!?

Anywho, has anyone on my friend list gotten my Celica? Has she done anyone any good?

The greater majority of that show is an exercise in watching House do terrifying things to prove that he's right. :P:

11 minutes ago, Ledrert said:

I underestimate Tharja's popularity. But really... is big boobs the only thing that matters ? I don't hate her, but I can't find one thing that make her a cool character...

Well, there is some complexity beneath the psycho stalker bit she's got going on, but that still tends to be polarizing as it still ties into the negative stuff like being abusive to her family. I guess some people are just more tolerant of having to dig through a huge pile of negative traits to find something positive.

Just now, Arcanite said:

And I feel like Tharja (and Camilla as well) are quite close to this. Especially since Tharja actually says "I'll murder you in your sleep" or something like that in her Awakening confession.

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

And I'm being completely serious too :P

Crazy people can definitely be cool, and I feel as if they possess a unique role in the world in making it nice and interesting!

Though it depends on what kind of crazy we're talking about heh

Crazy enough to eat a worm? Booyah!

I am talking about stalker-tier obsessive paranoid level of crazy. People who will have no qualms about killing you or otherwise ruining your life because (they think) you wronged them, and then probably get off because if they're a woman they're good looking or because they plead insanity and can't be held accountable for your actions. My signature says it all.

People who are "crazy enough to eat a worm" are not what I'd consider crazy.

Edited by Sunwoo

Just now, Anacybele said:

And I feel like Tharja (and Camilla as well) are quite close to this. Especially since Tharja actually says "I'll murder you in your sleep" or something like that in her Awakening confession.

Actually, if we had to compare who's more murderous crazy, its Camilla. Because at least Tharja didn't exactly live up to her death threats. Camilla most certainly tried.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Boobs can't be the reason Tharja is popular, her boobs aren't even that big. Now Camilla is a different story.

No but they are extremely noticeable because they are basically popping out of her clothes, her and Camilla are basically the only characters that have their cleavage on display and all that.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Actually, if we had to compare who's more murderous crazy, its Camilla. Because at least Tharja didn't exactly live up to her death threats. Camilla most certainly tried.

Oh, I won't dispute that. It's just that to some degree, both seem murderous.

EDIT: @Mackc2 No, they aren't, actually, Kagero and Ursula have that going on too. I personally find it gross to look at. I don't want boobs and cleavage shoved in my face, thanks.

Edited by Anacybele

Tharja can be murderous. When it comes to people she loves, she will murder anyone. She's similar to Camilla that way. However, Camilla will more than likely murder even her loved ones if they threaten her peace of mind. She tried to kill Corrin, despite saying she loves them so much, and she threatened to cut off Selena's legs if Selena tried to leave her.

16 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Anywho, has anyone on my friend list gotten my Celica? Has she done anyone any good?

Not yet, your on Robin, now, right?  How did you get her to 40 already?  Have you gotten my Julia?

I've actually been getting Ryoma and Ike a lot lately.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

EDIT: @Mackc2 No, they aren't, actually, Kagero and Ursula have that going on too. I personally find it gross to look at. I don't want boobs and cleavage shoved in my face, thanks.

Right I forgot about those two but I'm willing to bet they also have far more 'fans' because of it 

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

Tharja can be murderous. When it comes to people she loves, she will murder anyone. She's similar to Camilla that way. However, Camilla will more than likely murder even her loved ones if they threaten her peace of mind. She tried to kill Corrin, despite saying she loves them so much, and she threatened to cut off Selena's legs if Selena tried to leave her.

Yes, I'm aware (of some of this. I didn't know about the Selena part since I didn't play Conquest).

11 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

With Camilla, it can implied that she already wasn't the most mentally stable person due to all the violence that went on in the Nohrian court when she was still growing up which she herself took part it IIRC. So when her beloved sibling Corrin betrays Nohr in Birthright, any semblance of sanity she had was shattered right then and there.  That's just my take on her though.

Edited by Tybrosion

13 minutes ago, Tactical Canadian said:

Unfortunately I think that's why she's as popular as she is for most people. Same with Camilla.

Like I don't hate either as characters on their own. Tharja has a softer side to her that you see in her supports with Nowi, Kellam, Libra and Noire that's endearing but she's got more negative aspects than good. i.e. threatening to curse people, her stalking and obsession with the avatar, and what future her does to Noire.

Having these aspects doesn't make her a bad character, but it's why I couldn't support her. 

Yeah, I know that (since I married her to Libra in Awakening), that's why I doesn't hate her. I can't bring me to hate her. But I can't like her too.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Boobs can't be the reason Tharja is popular, her boobs aren't even that big. Now Camilla is a different story.

Yeah, well, she has a great body, okay XD  I think her Dark Mage class help in that case... And Summer Scramble.

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

With Camilla, it can implied that she already wasn't the most mentally stable person due to all the violence that went on in the Nohrian court when she was still growing up which she herself took part it IIRC. So when her beloved sibling Corrin betrays Nohr in Birthright, any semblance of sanity she had was shattered right then and there.  That's just my take on her though.

Yes, that's what we can understand from what we've been told. Would have helped us understand her better if we actually SAW the Concubine Wars. With Tharja, given that we have Plegia, the place that has the Grimleal, most crazy people, its not surprising to guess that Tharja might also get psychotic. But we failed to also see her side as well.

8 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Don't bother trying to reason, bias people will always remain bias.

Just now, Ledrert said:

Yeah, well, she has a great body, okay XD  I think her Dark Mage class help in that case... And Summer Scramble.

I don't like that people only like some characters for their bodies and not the actual characters. That's just so simple minded and makes me wonder if they actually treat real life people like that which would just be despicable.

I'm not saying people can't like characters' designs. But saying a character is oh so awesome ONLY because of their design is stupid, imo.

I mean, I think Ike (especially in RD) is hot, but that's far from the only thing I like about him, so...

There's also Camilla's and Tharja's attitudes towards Kiran (the summoner) in Heroes. Tharja does stalk Kiran (namely in her observing Kiran's sleep patterns) but she remains fixated on Robin for the most part. Meanwhile, Camilla dotes on Kiran, see him/her as very similar to Corrin, is more than happy to murder anybody for Kiran's sake, and can be seen as becoming jealously possessive of Kiran (seen in her greetings towards the player's friends).

3 minutes ago, Ledrert said:

Yeah, I know that (since I married her to Libra in Awakening), that's why I doesn't hate her. I can't bring me to hate her. But I can't like her too.

Thank the gods for curtains..

I'm mostly the same though. I have trouble actually hating her, but I can't like her either.

I don't like that people only like some characters for their bodies and not the actual characters. That's just so simple minded and makes me wonder if they actually treat real life people like that which would just be despicable.

Seriously, if we wanted to see female character for all the female and none of the character, we'd watch Sword Art Online. XP

OK! How has the battles in the guantlet fairing you all? (Yes I'm very late.) Have any of you faced enemy teams of insanity? I'm hoping this'll derail the argument going on since this is starting to look like a flame war. ^_^;

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

Seriously, if we wanted to see female character for all the female and none of the character, we'd watch Sword Art Online. XP

SF isn't the entire FE fandom though. I'm aware that people are a little more varied about their likes and dislikes in FE here. :P

2 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

There's also Camilla's and Tharja's attitudes towards Kiran (the summoner) in Heroes. Tharja does stalk Kiran (namely in her observing Kiran's sleep patterns) but she remains fixated on Robin for the most part. Meanwhile, Camilla dotes on Kiran, see him/her as very similar to Corrin, is more than happy to murder anybody for Kiran's sake, and can be seen as becoming jealously possessive of Kiran (seen in her greetings towards the player's friends).

Great, so she stalks others too. It's not even explained why she's a stalker. She's just creepy.

SF isn't the entire FE fandom though. I'm aware that people are a little more varied about their likes and dislikes in FE here. :P

SF? 

Anyways, I agree with how we shouldn't like Tharja or any female character just cause they have big boobs and wear skimpy clothing. Tharja, Camilla, and even Charlotte have character in them, some with more depth than others, but given how they are portrayed, they are just seen as pure eyecandy.