Thane's non-spoilery thoughts on the gameplay

1 minute ago, Indifferent said:

I mean....DLC? :|

RIP Sonya

I guess but the really good DLC won't come in until Summer, i think. Right now, it's just the money and exp DLC. Oh, and the Starsphere Shards.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I just got to Chapter 6, and now I agree with you 200%. FUCK Chapter 6. Who thought that boat map with three dragons and a billion Gargoyles was a good idea? Bumrushing Pegs too, just for laughs?

Yupp, that's about the reaction I expected. It gets better though! I hope your Genny's got a lot of HP so you can abuse the AI because otherwise you'll be grinding for a while.

Just now, Thane said:

Yupp, that's about the reaction I expected. It gets better though! I hope your Genny's got a lot of HP so you can abuse the AI because otherwise you'll be grinding for a while.

I'm using Tatiana instead, which I guess might be slightly better here since the Illusion Pegs don't clog up as much space, but I might have to go and grind Slique for the Dread Fighter summons instead. Good god.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'm using Tatiana instead, which I guess might be slightly better here since the Illusion Pegs don't clog up as much space, but I might have to go and grind Slique for the Dread Fighter summons instead. Good god.

Well, so long as they distract the AI, because without spoiling too much, the enemies will quickly become much more powerful and plenty at a completely different speed than your units.

49 minutes ago, Thane said:

Well, so long as they distract the AI, because without spoiling too much, the enemies will quickly become much more powerful and plenty at a completely different speed than your units.

Through Tatiana + Genny Invoke abuse for constant 8 decoys, and I suppose a bit of luck, I managed to beat that goddamn chapter. Sometimes it feels like this game intentionally gives you broken options, because they know they're gonna be throwing broken enemies at you.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Through Tatiana + Genny Invoke abuse for constant 8 decoys, and I suppose a bit of luck, I managed to beat that goddamn chapter. Sometimes it feels like this game intentionally gives you broken options, because they know they're gonna be throwing broken enemies at you.

Well, have fun, because I suspect you'll be doing it a lot over the course of chapter 6. It starts out okay, but it quickly spirals out of control. Enjoy weapons guaranteed to inflict poison and no Mila Statues in the giant dungeon.

3 minutes ago, Thane said:

Well, have fun, because I suspect you'll be doing it a lot over the course of chapter 6. It starts out okay, but it quickly spirals out of control. Enjoy weapons guaranteed to inflict poison and no Mila Statues in the giant dungeon.

l o l

Did you end up grinding? I just went into these postgame fights with my endgame units, whom may be slightly underleveled, according to other people.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

l o l

Did you end up grinding? I just went into these postgame fights with my endgame units, whom may be slightly underleveled, according to other people.

I had the same experience. I had to leave the dungeon around three times just to guarantee I could get away with some good level gains and materials you find, but I never purposefully grinded.

Just now, Thane said:

I had the same experience. I had to leave the dungeon around three times just to guarantee I could get away with some good level gains and materials you find, but I never purposefully grinded.

That doesn't sound fun at all. It's funny that IS is trying to design Gaiden maps with Kaga's evilness, except they're also putting in more modern ideas that we don't have the tools to actually deal with in the context of this game.

18 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

That doesn't sound fun at all. It's funny that IS is trying to design Gaiden maps with Kaga's evilness, except they're also putting in more modern ideas that we don't have the tools to actually deal with in the context of this game.

Gotta sell all that sweet DLC somehow.

From what i gather based on y'alls experiences. villager looping all my bros at the start of the game will benefit me greatly later. I personally don't mind grinding so this sounds like a real treat to me