BANRYU

Can we get a subforum for FE Heroes Analyses?

15 posts in this topic

Yo so I've been asking @eclipse for a while now if it'd be cool if I made a single thread to keep track of members' various character build analyses for Fire Emblem Heroes (since there are a lot of good ones that just get posted in the Skill Inheritance thread which are neither easy to find nor access), in the interest of having an easily-accessible archive of our best build suggestions a la Smogon pokemon analyses and such. Eclipse in turn suggested that a subforum for analyses would be much easier for both keeping track of and logging new builds and analyses, so I wanted to put in a request for that to add my voice to hers, as yes, I think this is a good idea and we should definitely do it, and it would be a valuable resource for the internet at large as it relates to strategy for this game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I think this is a great idea.

Edited by Hawk King

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The benefits of a sub-forum:

1. No captcha to mess with (unlike a thread archiving all the analysis threads)
2. Things are less likely to be buried
3. People can link to the relevant threads for some of the skill inheritance justifications.  Those of us who live here know which characters have analysis threads, but this won't hold true for everyone.

The lack of a sub-forum is the sole reason why I haven't done a wall of text on a couple of less-used characters.

Edited by eclipse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly love reading the Smogon ones, and I actually have a Nino now that I don't remember what people discussed as her best builds back when.

That's a thumbs up from me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eclipse said:

The benefits of a sub-forum:

1. No captcha to mess with (unlike a thread archiving all the analysis threads)
2. Things are less likely to be buried
3. People can link to the relevant threads for some of the skill inheritance justifications.  Those of us who live here know which characters have analysis threads, but this won't hold true for everyone.

The lack of a sub-forum is the sole reason why I haven't done a wall of text on a couple of less-used characters.

Oh shit now I'm totally curious who you were planning on tackling. 

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I honestly love reading the Smogon ones, and I actually have a Nino now that I don't remember what people discussed as her best builds back when.

That's a thumbs up from me.

Draconic Aura/Moonbow, Life and Death/Fury, and Desperation is what you want on Nino ~3o BUT IT'S TRUE if this subforum existed, you would be able to check for yourself without needing to ask around xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BANRYU said:

Draconic Aura/Moonbow, Life and Death/Fury, and Desperation is what you want on Nino ~3o BUT IT'S TRUE if this subforum existed, you would be able to check for yourself without needing to ask around xD

And while we've got a few threads for asking these kinds of questions, the same ones over and over get dull.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sounds like a good idea, and would be easier to check, so we don't have the same question get asked multiple times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This sounds like a great idea. This also makes it so that people don't have to ask over and over for the same character and can just look it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I thought about it for a while and ultimately decided to implement this to see if it's something our community would be interested in; I'm going to create the subforum within the next few days.

As I'm not an avid Heroes player, I asked our own Ice Dragon to lead the effort to make sure someone knowledgeable would be managing the section while it's still a bud. When we spoke about it he had some pretty convincing ideas for how it should be handled and planned to make a few guides himself to start it off, so I'm confident it'll be something our members can have some fun grinding away at together.

Edited by Tangerine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent, thank you! That is great to hear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woohoo, thanks~!  Time to write up about a couple of characters that get ignored~!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a bug involving our Discord app that is giving us issues making new sections. We'll hopefully have it fixed soon, but I won't be able to do this until then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yo, any update on this or the discord issue? It's been quite a while and just thought I'd check in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, the people behind the Discord app are looking into it, we haven't gotten an update from them yet. I still have this in mind, don't worry!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.