Can we get a subforum for FE Heroes Analyses?

BANRYU

Yo so I've been asking @eclipse for a while now if it'd be cool if I made a single thread to keep track of members' various character build analyses for Fire Emblem Heroes (since there are a lot of good ones that just get posted in the Skill Inheritance thread which are neither easy to find nor access), in the interest of having an easily-accessible archive of our best build suggestions a la Smogon pokemon analyses and such. Eclipse in turn suggested that a subforum for analyses would be much easier for both keeping track of and logging new builds and analyses, so I wanted to put in a request for that to add my voice to hers, as yes, I think this is a good idea and we should definitely do it, and it would be a valuable resource for the internet at large as it relates to strategy for this game. 

The benefits of a sub-forum:

1. No captcha to mess with (unlike a thread archiving all the analysis threads)
2. Things are less likely to be buried
3. People can link to the relevant threads for some of the skill inheritance justifications.  Those of us who live here know which characters have analysis threads, but this won't hold true for everyone.

The lack of a sub-forum is the sole reason why I haven't done a wall of text on a couple of less-used characters.

Edited by eclipse

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

The benefits of a sub-forum:

1. No captcha to mess with (unlike a thread archiving all the analysis threads)
2. Things are less likely to be buried
3. People can link to the relevant threads for some of the skill inheritance justifications.  Those of us who live here know which characters have analysis threads, but this won't hold true for everyone.

The lack of a sub-forum is the sole reason why I haven't done a wall of text on a couple of less-used characters.

Oh shit now I'm totally curious who you were planning on tackling. 

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I honestly love reading the Smogon ones, and I actually have a Nino now that I don't remember what people discussed as her best builds back when.

That's a thumbs up from me.

Draconic Aura/Moonbow, Life and Death/Fury, and Desperation is what you want on Nino ~3o BUT IT'S TRUE if this subforum existed, you would be able to check for yourself without needing to ask around xD

1 hour ago, BANRYU said:

Draconic Aura/Moonbow, Life and Death/Fury, and Desperation is what you want on Nino ~3o BUT IT'S TRUE if this subforum existed, you would be able to check for yourself without needing to ask around xD

And while we've got a few threads for asking these kinds of questions, the same ones over and over get dull.

It sounds like a good idea, and would be easier to check, so we don't have the same question get asked multiple times.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought about it for a while and ultimately decided to implement this to see if it's something our community would be interested in; I'm going to create the subforum within the next few days.

As I'm not an avid Heroes player, I asked our own Ice Dragon to lead the effort to make sure someone knowledgeable would be managing the section while it's still a bud. When we spoke about it he had some pretty convincing ideas for how it should be handled and planned to make a few guides himself to start it off, so I'm confident it'll be something our members can have some fun grinding away at together.

Edited by Tangerine

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

You remind me of salty jelly Texas Rangers fans, so I will quote NBC sports for you because I feel you are encapsulated in this statement.

Honestly though, I just find it intensely irritating. If it's what people want to do, power to them but there is enough of it to easily warrant it's own sub forum, then the people giving away can generate their goodwill and internet points and te people who want free stuff can gather and swarm in their multitudes.

11 hours ago, skinwants said:

You remind me of salty jelly Texas Rangers fans, so I will quote NBC sports for you because I feel you are encapsulated in this statement.

Honestly though, I just find it intensely irritating. If it's what people want to do, power to them but there is enough of it to easily warrant it's own sub forum, then the people giving away can generate their goodwill and internet points and te people who want free stuff can gather and swarm in their multitudes.

. . .what?  And why?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Whoever thought that using captcha confirmation in that subsection was a good idea needs to be burned at the stake.

I lost twice my edits because the captcha didn't properly pop up and forcefully send me back to the edit screen without saving my changes. Can we please remove that nonsense? I don't see why someone needs to confirm his edit with that feature.

EDIT:
Now I can't even edit it because it always re-directs me to the edit screen.

EDIT2:
Apparently trying to edit in bulk makes the captcha act up but if you only change some sentences or formatting, it's fine. Weird.

Edited by Talandar