Can we get a subforum for FE Heroes Analyses?

BANRYU

10 hours ago, Logos said:

@Ice Dragon: Do we have to reserve a spot to create a hero analysis somewhere or can we just go ahead and create one?

Just create a thread and mark it as a work in progress. Once that's done, try to get it written up in a timely manner. I'm probably not going to be strictly enforcing my time constraints, but don't leave things sitting around for too long.

Don't feel too pressured to get everything perfect on the first try. That's what your thread's responses and discussion is for.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Just create a thread and mark it as a work in progress. Once that's done, try to get it written up in a timely manner. I'm probably not going to be strictly enforcing my time constraints, but don't leave things sitting around for too long.

Don't feel too pressured to get everything perfect on the first try. That's what your thread's responses and discussion is for.

Alright I wasn't sure, but I also really wanted to do contribute and do Ayra so I went ahead and did her anyway. Would you mind whenever you get a chance to give thoughts on what I can do to format things better? I've written paragraphs for builds, and "species of types of builds", I feel like it might've been too much, but I'm not sure how to organize everything better.

https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/79693-ayra-astras-wielder/

9 minutes ago, Logos said:

Alright I wasn't sure, but I also really wanted to do contribute and do Ayra so I went ahead and did her anyway. Would you mind whenever you get a chance to give thoughts on what I can do to format things better? I've written paragraphs for builds, and "species of types of builds", I feel like it might've been too much, but I'm not sure how to organize everything better.

https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/79693-ayra-astras-wielder/

A nice tip for formatting is that you can use Shift + Enter to add a line break without starting a new paragraph. This allows you avoid the extra spacing between paragraphs because it treats the new line as part of the previous paragraph.

So you can have <Shift + Enter>
lines nice and up close to each other <Shift + Enter>
like this <Enter>

without the big space above this line. <Enter>

Other than that, I'm fairly fond shameless advertising my analysis format for explaining each skill slot (or individual skill in some cases) in its own short paragraph. Less optimal skills can be put in an "other options" section at the end of each build for niche skill choice for targeting specific opponents or situations (like Wings of Mercy for Arena defense annoyance).

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

A nice tip for formatting is that you can use Shift + Enter to add a line break without starting a new paragraph. This allows you avoid the extra spacing between paragraphs because it treats the new line as part of the previous paragraph.

So you can have <Shift + Enter>
lines nice and up close to each other <Shift + Enter>
like this <Enter>

without the big space above this line. <Enter>

Other than that, I'm fairly fond shameless advertising my analysis format for explaining each skill slot (or individual skill in some cases) in its own short paragraph. Less optimal skills can be put in an "other options" section at the end of each build for niche skill choice for targeting specific opponents or situations (like Wings of Mercy for Arena defense annoyance).

That just helped me like a lot, thank you. If I'd known you could make shorter line skips with shift + enter before, my goodness...

19 hours ago, Talandar said:

Whoever thought that using captcha confirmation in that subsection was a good idea needs to be burned at the stake.

I lost twice my edits because the captcha didn't properly pop up and forcefully send me back to the edit screen without saving my changes. Can we please remove that nonsense? I don't see why someone needs to confirm his edit with that feature.

EDIT:
Now I can't even edit it because it always re-directs me to the edit screen.

EDIT2:
Apparently trying to edit in bulk makes the captcha act up but if you only change some sentences or formatting, it's fine. Weird.

We didn't used to have CAPTCHA or other more intrusive security settings enabled, but we've been getting DDOSed and spammed a lot the past year, as our site continues to grow, and it became necessary to enable these security features for the time being. Several of our forum sections were being spammed by bots for weeks at a time, and as you can tell, CAPTCHA has prevented that. Apologies for the inconvenience, but your ire should instead be directed at those that force those features into use. I'm hopeful that we'll be able to relax things over time.

Edited by Tangerine

I just had a thought. What if the author of the thread quit, disappeared, or something and cannot edit to update the post? Can mods still edit the author's first post? I guess we can always lock the thread and make a new one.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

I just had a thought. What if the author of the thread quit, disappeared, or something and cannot edit to update the post? Can mods still edit the author's first post? I guess we can always lock the thread and make a new one.

Mods can edit the post (but hell if I'm going to do that for someone else).

My thoughts were to just let the old thread die and have someone make a new one if any new updates come out that shake up the existing builds.

Okay so there are a whole load of characters / specific sets that I'd like to work on and/or reserve, but obviously due to the fact that we can only reserve one at a time as well as my spare time for this being rather scant, I'll simply list all the folks I'd like to / plan to eventually work on here. If anyone wants to do analyses for anyone listed here, I am happy to encourage as such and work with you to help make the analysis based on my own plans/ideas/experience, so feel free to ask.

Folks I'm considering doing stuff for:

• Fir - Wo Dao+Moonbow/Iceberg, Slaying Edge+Glacies, DC
  • baby Tiki - Lightning Breath tank, Flametongue player phase offense
  • Florina - Def Ploy Brave Lance, DC+QR Slaying Lance
  • Amelia - DC, player phase offense
  • Newyear Takumi - probably something similar to the above Kagero
  • vaniLilina - Defiant Atk/Death Blow + Brash Desperation
  • reg Catria - Slaying Lance basic stuff, Firesweep Lance, ??

This way hopefully my intentions are announced, and if anyone wants to steal one from me I can confer with them about what I had planned, etc. WORKING TOGETHER IS COOL RIGHT??

Edited by BANRYU