How do I hack the game so I can sell Holy weapons is Genealogy

CrimsonNight

I'm hacking fe4 using nightmare and I'm trying to make Eldigan/Eltshan drop his Mystletainn when defeated. The problem is if someone other than Raquesis/Lachesis (who I gave

major Hezul holy blood) kills Eldigan/Eltshan, I can't sell the Mystletainn and it is stuck in their inventory. Is there any way I can make holy weapons sellable? I know its possible seeing Mangs' FE4 PM. I would really appreciate it if someone told me how to do it.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by CrimsonNight

49 minutes ago, CrimsonNight said:

The problem is if someone other than Raquesis/Lachesis (whom I gave her major Hezul holy blood), I can't sell the Mystletainn and it is stuck in their inventory.

I know nothing about hacking, but you might want to fix this sentence lol. Someone other than Lachesis what?

3 hours ago, CrimsonNight said:

I'm hacking fe4 using nightmare and I'm trying to make Eldigan/Eltshan drop his Mystletainn when defeated. The problem is if someone other than Raquesis/Lachesis (whom I gave her major Hezul holy blood), I can't sell the Mystletainn and it is stuck in their inventory. Is there any way I can make holy weapons sellable? I know its possible seeing Mangs' FE4 PM. I would really appreciate it if someone told me how to do it.

It is indeed possible and it was discussed here on SF, I'll try to dig it up by the end of the day, but, just so you know, it involves some hex-editing.

2 hours ago, hanhnn said:

What's that?

Is there a link?

Just google "Fire Emblem 4 PME" and Mangs' videos will be at the top of the results.

EDIT: 

You could try this, but I was sure there was a topic where they talked about it in more detail.

Edited by Koumal8

9 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I know nothing about hacking, but you might want to fix this sentence lol. Someone other than Lachesis what?

Lol, sorry about that, I was pretty tired when I was typing this. Silly me :P

8 hours ago, Koumal8 said:

It is indeed possible and it was discussed here on SF, I'll try to dig it up by the end of the day, but, just so you know, it involves some hex-editing.

Just google "Fire Emblem 4 PME" and Mangs' videos will be at the top of the results.

EDIT: 

You could try this, but I was sure there was a topic where they talked about it in more detail.

Thanks but I know almost nothing about hex editing. Is it something you can do in Nightmare? If so could you tell me how to do that?

Hex edit is simple. Download hxd, open your rom in hxd, go to the location indicated in the post, and change the value there to 00.

Something something edit: it would be easy to make a nightmare module for that but it would be kinda useless

Edited by Kirb1337

You can either try to revert what you changed and if that doesn't work you'll have to use a backup. I never hacked FE4 with a hex editor though, any idea what you might have done wrong?

Okay, I just tried and it works fine for me, I can sell the Tyrfing in the prologue. Funny thing is: why does it come broken? Maybe someone can answer that?

16 minutes ago, Koumal8 said:

Okay, I just tried and it works fine for me, I can sell the Tyrfing in the prologue. Funny thing is: why does it come broken? Maybe someone can answer that?

Maybe because the first time you get the Tyrfing in the vanilla game, its broken. You might have to change something but I don't know

Just change the weapon ranks in nightmare of the Holy weapons then you can sell them you don`t have to use the hex editor. I hacked FE4 too and I made all the weapons able to be sold. I changed mostly all of the weapons to A ranked weapons as a result they became able to be sold. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/05/2017 at 9:23 PM, Naglfar94 said:

Just change the weapon ranks in nightmare of the Holy weapons then you can sell them you don`t have to use the hex editor. I hacked FE4 too and I made all the weapons able to be sold. I changed mostly all of the weapons to A ranked weapons as a result they became able to be sold. 

Thanks, but if I do it that way anyone can use the holy weapons, even if they don't have the holy blood specific to the weapon. I still wan't the people with the holy blood to use that weapon exclusive to them. (Btw sorry for the really late reply :p)

I say try again, maybe with another rom or hex editor (I used HxD), it works fine in my rom so it should work with yours too, you might have made a mistake somewhere.

23 hours ago, Koumal8 said:

I say try again, maybe with another rom or hex editor (I used HxD), it works fine in my rom so it should work with yours too, you might have made a mistake somewhere.

Alright, thanks man!