Gameplay Speculation

So I dont know if you've seen the article or videos about the rts fire emblem planned after radiant dawn. But I thought what if this new game implents or becomes, something akin to what that game was originally going to be. Would you like that type of game, as a sequel to rd, or even part of the fire emblem franchise at all?

57 minutes ago, Arvin said:

That game would bomb harder than the Tellius games. Look at SOV with its quirky mechanics and how it sold. Now let's take it even further and alienate our audience with RTS.

First, you derailed one topic on the Switch board, now, you're setting yourself up to do it to another. You're not going to make any friends if you do that you know. Then again, maybe you could, but not on SF.

It's one thing to express your opinions, it's another to continually do it with an aggressive and provocative tone.

Revisiting that RTS idea would be interesting, difficult to execute of course. But as I've been saying, I'd like something bold and new. Even if the execution fails a little, IS generally operates in duologies in terms of gameplay, so the second could always refine the error of the first.

Perhaps keep the game turn-based (drop tile-based movement though), but include a feature that lets you break free from the tyranny of turns every so often. Either a Bravely Second time stop to play more conservatively, or something wherein both sides can attack and move all their units at each other at the same time. If the enemy could use it too (with you being able to tell how much/when they can use it), then that could keep things interesting.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

First, you derailed one topic on the Switch board, now, you're setting yourself up to do it to another. You're not going to make any friends if you do that you know. Then again, maybe you could, but not on SF.

It's one thing to express your opinions, it's another to continually do it with an aggressive and provocative tone.

Revisiting that RTS idea would be interesting, difficult to execute of course. But as I've been saying, I'd like something bold and new. Even if the execution fails a little, IS generally operates in duologies in terms of gameplay, so the second could always refine the error of the first.

Perhaps keep the game turn-based (drop tile-based movement though), but include a feature that lets you break free from the tyranny of turns every so often. Either a Bravely Second time stop to play more conservatively, or something wherein both sides can attack and move all their units at each other at the same time. If the enemy could use it too (with you being able to tell how much/when they can use it), then that could keep things interesting.

Are you even listening to what you're saying? Spin-off maybe but a mainline game? It's not like SWITCH's assets are cheap to begin with like the 3DS. Good luck on whoever is gonna pitch this again. Not even FE:H did something as drastic as that.

22 hours ago, Arvin said:

Are you even listening to what you're saying? Spin-off maybe but a mainline game? It's not like SWITCH's assets are cheap to begin with like the 3DS. Good luck on whoever is gonna pitch this again. Not even FE:H did something as drastic as that.

I tend to agree; Fire Emblem is THE turn-based tactic game in Nintendo's core family (Pokémon, while being more prominent, isn't necessarily 'in-house' as much as console exclusive). While Nintendo does currently have a RTS-lite series in the form of Pikmin, I don't think Fire Emblem needs to make a mainline game using those elements. a spin-off sounds compelling; more-so than the current 'Warriors' game they have planned, but its not what I want to see as a main release. That said, I don't think the cost of development for the Switch is QUITE the detrimental factor you're implying, Arvin. Making things from scratch? Yeah that would be pretty costly all things considered. However, if they used assets from the 3DS releases with new textures, a higher degree of smoothing, and perhaps a new rig set, they'd have a pretty solid baseline to build off of.

Ultimately I'm in the camp that doesn't want it to happen, but can see a way they could make it.

I would play something like this I'm not sure how I would feel about some of the changes but then Gaiden changed things up and that has mechanics I would like to see implemented into more Fire Emblem games.

I doubt we'd get a RTS for FE anytime soon, problem with them is they aren't very popular.
The only current successful selling RTS is Starcraft and honestly its like the god of its genre so of course it will sell decently. But even that has issues makes tons of profits compared to other blizzard titles.
Now that being said, i'd love a FE with a little RTS action mixed in. It would be pretty crazy tbh