Should I play Binding Blade again?

Harvey

So what do you think?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should I play Binding Blade again?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends on you.

For some odd reason, I am thinking about venturing into Binding Blade despite my first experience being a total frustration. Based on some of the comments and based on some of those who love the game, maybe I'm a bit harsh to it...idk maybe this whole idea of me having a perspective of the game is even questioning out the ones who despite not liking the game still found it tolerable.  I mean FE6 does have replay value outside of hard mode...

Idk, what do you think?

1 minute ago, Emeraldfox said:

If you want to play it again. Who are we to tell you if you should or shouldn't play FE6 again.

Exactly what I was about to say,

27 minutes ago, Limstella said:

I mean if you didn't enjoy it, I don't see why you should force yourself to play it again if you don't want to. 

^^^

At least don't force us to sit through 600 topics on how much you hate it if you do decide to play it.

Please

2 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

At least don't force us to sit through 600 topics on how much you hate it if you do decide to play it.

How was my post about Binding Blade an issue when it does have issues? But ok whatever...

The reason why I'm asking this is because people have stated that my reasons behind on why I didn't like it is mostly because I didn't play it right or that the mechanics of the game that I mentioned are flawed is otherwise mentioned as not a flaw.

Just now, Harvey said:

How was my post about Binding Blade an issue when it does have issues? But ok whatever...

Yes, it does have issues.

You painted it as the worst game ever made, with no redeeming qualities, and it was utter trash while loving 7 which shares about 80-90% the engine 6 uses with a few tweaks.

If you can't see how that wasn't a problem, I'm not going to try to explain it to you.

(and 1 thread would have been irritating but fine, it was the 599 other ones and every other thread you crashed with BB hate for like a month after that that weren't)

Binding Blade is one of my favorite games of all time. Play it if you want, but only because you want to give it a chance not because others told you to.

3 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

You painted it as the worst game ever made, with no redeeming qualities, and it was utter trash while loving 7 which shares about 80-90% the engine 6 uses with a few tweaks.

I did not say it as the worst game I've played. I said it as one of the frustrating games that I've played. Please send me quotes as to where I've mentioned FE6 as the worst game that I've ever played? I did mention being my least favourite.

2 minutes ago, Harvey said:

I did not say it as the worst game I've played. I said it as one of the frustrating games that I've played. Please send me quotes as to where I've mentioned FE6 as the worst game that I've ever played? I did mention being my least favourite.

Your topics, logic, and reasonings were insufferable enough the first time, and you're asking me to sift through them again?

No.

You might not have outright stated you hated it (not that I know of) but you have gone on your fair share of rants

DId you play with the older fan translation? if so. Try the newer one, It is much better. If not, don't bother.

It seems to me that your problems with FE6 are mainly about the writing. Maybe trying the new translation is the solution.

If you also don't like some gameplay things you can go around looking for patches: I quite like the Roy early promotion one and those that bring axes on par with FE7 (that makes the early game harder as a result).

I have to sort of echo the comments here. The old "sword of seals" translation was insufferable, but Gringe's Binding Blade patch is like divine scripture from Naga above.

maybe that's a bit too dramatic but you get the point

here's an update of the updated patch which uses all the localized Heroes names, but it doesn't have compatibility with the patch that changes minor stats to the altered and localized FE7 levels so bear that in mind. The original patch by gringe does, in fact, have a numbers patch (changing certain background values to Localized 7 values) that hasn't been ported to the new patch yet

Edited by Hero of the Fire Emblems