A neat detail about the ending (spoilers of course)

On 5/2/2017 at 10:49 PM, Armagon said:

I would say it died out but if Marth's bloodline can last 2000 years and Ike can have a descendant, i see no reason why Alm and Celica's bloodline would die out.

If the Valentian Falchion wasn't made a treasure of the Valentian royal family, then there's your anwser. 

If it was a treasure of the royal family, then maybe it was lost during the Schism.

A third explanation is that Walhart actually isn't descended from Alm and Celica. There's definitly a connection between Alm and Walhart (Alm having Conquerer as his Over-Class) but it could just be that Walhart was inspired by Alm.

I fully agree on this I was thinking about this recently and these possible options make sense likely the 1st or 4th one I wouldn't mind if FE16 was Valm more Awakenized in the future to explain what happened to it with an actual remaining part of Alm/Celicas family line finding it.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

So basically, at the end of Echoes, instead of the original Gaiden ending where Duma and Mila go to sleep, instead we learn that they die instead. Duma ultimately becomes the Demon's Ingle, creating a volcano that constantly spews lava, and ends up becoming the Mila Tree. In a way, each side shows how even their remains altered the landscape. Mila's gentle nature gave birth to a giant tree that remains even after 2000 years. Duma's became a volcano that forever erupts due to his belief of power. 

Actually, here's something that I think is the case. 

Walhart wanted the Fire Emblem to defeat Grima. However, Grima can only be beaten with the completed Fire Emblem and the Falchion, as the Shield of Seals can only give the sealing abilities to Falchion then. The reason why Walhart had no need of that Falchion might be because he had his own. If he could actually wield the Valentian Falchion, then it makes sense on why he just needs the Emblem, he can try and perform the Awakening then. And if he defeats Grima, units Valm and also succeeds in conquering Ylisse, then there would be absolutely no one that could ever hope to challenge him, as he would be the human god, or rather the human that can slay even a god. 

Also, take a look at this:

Archanea_and_Barensia_Complete_World_Map.thumb.jpg.b32ffe3fbebea5918477804cc7e53bfe.jpg

Looking at this, it seems that what Werdna told me a long time ago is true. The continents of Ylisse/Archanea and Valm/Valentia might only be a bit larger than Europe.

Edited by omegaxis1

On 4/30/2017 at 5:04 PM, The DanMan said:

Huh. Suppose this also explains Brynhilddr's animation and the trees that sprout from Anankos' head when he attacks?

Huh, interesting theory. I guess that makes me appreciate Brynhildr's animation a bit more.

On 5/2/2017 at 3:33 PM, Etrurian emperor said:

Maybe those Japanese people having their own kingdom in Valm by the time of Awakening. Maybe they could be a Hoshidan colony or something. 

Spoiler

Kamui and some others were hinted at starting their own country after the war. Since Kamui has an Asian look to his design, I think he and the group he left with founded Chon'sin. This hints at Yen'fay and Say'ri to be his descendants.

On 5/5/2017 at 11:55 AM, omegaxis1 said:

So basically, at the end of Echoes, instead of the original Gaiden ending where Duma and Mila go to sleep, instead we learn that they die instead. Duma ultimately becomes the Demon's Ingle, creating a volcano that constantly spews lava, and ends up becoming the Mila Tree. In a way, each side shows how even their remains altered the landscape. Mila's gentle nature gave birth to a giant tree that remains even after 2000 years. Duma's became a volcano that forever erupts due to his belief of power. 

Actually, here's something that I think is the case. 

Walhart wanted the Fire Emblem to defeat Grima. However, Grima can only be beaten with the completed Fire Emblem and the Falchion, as the Shield of Seals can only give the sealing abilities to Falchion then. The reason why Walhart had no need of that Falchion might be because he had his own. If he could actually wield the Valentian Falchion, then it makes sense on why he just needs the Emblem, he can try and perform the Awakening then. And if he defeats Grima, units Valm and also succeeds in conquering Ylisse, then there would be absolutely no one that could ever hope to challenge him, as he would be the human god, or rather the human that can slay even a god. 

Also, take a look at this:

Archanea_and_Barensia_Complete_World_Map.thumb.jpg.b32ffe3fbebea5918477804cc7e53bfe.jpg

Looking at this, it seems that what Werdna told me a long time ago is true. The continents of Ylisse/Archanea and Valm/Valentia might only be a bit larger than Europe.

Holy moly the world looks huge. Like a lot bigger than Earth. Jugdral isn't even pictured here and it's supposed to be on the same planet wow. Then again, the picture itself has a weird angle to it.

6 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:
  Hide contents

Kamui and some others were hinted at starting their own country after the war. Since Kamui has an Asian look to his design, I think he and the group he left with founded Chon'sin. This hints at Yen'fay and Say'ri to be his descendants.

Holy moly the world looks huge. Like a lot bigger than Earth. Jugdral isn't even pictured here and it's supposed to be on the same planet wow. Then again, the picture itself has a weird angle to it.

The picture is also slightly inaccurate, as Valentia is to the east of Archanea, not the west like it normally is.

Yeah, the picture is nice, but it's an artist's impression and non-canon. That's what the note in the bottom-right corner says.

Weird how they got the continents' positions mixed up though.

Closest thing to canon would probably be this, but again it's not a 100% accurate representation.

http://serenesforest.net/download/fe13/globe1.swf

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

The picture is also slightly inaccurate, as Valentia is to the east of Archanea, not the west like it normally is.

I actually never even noticed that. Wow, can't believe the artist mixed up the positions in that pic. 

3 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Yeah, the picture is nice, but it's an artist's impression and non-canon. That's what the note in the bottom-right corner says.

Closest thing to canon would probably be this, but again it's not a 100% accurate representation.

That link doesn't work for me. Any chance you can post a picture instead?

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

I think that was a retcon Awakening made, lol.

5 hours ago, VincentASM said:

That does look closer to what I'd imagine, though perhaps has the continents a bit too big. I'd guess based on size Valentia and Archanea are each only about Europe sized, maybe slightly bigger.

• 5 months later...

Wouldn't be possible that in the First Exalt's time the Valentian and Achaneian Falchions were to be fused in order to stop Grima. That would explain the mysterious disappearance of the Valentian Falchion, the doble bladed Awakening Falchion and the fact that it's "sealed".