Sonya's New Ending (Spoilers...obviously)

It's a bit sad, but at least it's not just 'She disappeared and was never seen again'. We can guess that while trying to find a cure for witches, she became one herself and settled in Nuibaba's old mansion.

Though, the way I look at it is after she cured the witches she decided to reside there and make it an asylum of sorts for these women but I may be gong to headcanony.

TBH, even if it is a sad ending, I like it. We can't all have a happy ending.

Edited by Azz

12 minutes ago, NaokiP said:

The odd thing is that the Witches submit their free will and consciousness to Doma's whims. Who's in control of them after he's gone? It's a bit unclear

Maybe Sonya became an almighty witch and now has a powerful army of witches.

30 minutes ago, NaokiP said:

The odd thing is that the Witches submit their free will and consciousness to Doma's whims. Who's in control of them after he's gone? It's a bit unclear

Isn't Nuibaba the only witch who chose to be one though, hence why she has normal eyes? And free will?

34 minutes ago, Azz said:

It's a bit sad, but at least it's not just 'She disappeared and was never seen again'. We can guess that while trying to find a cure for witches, she became one herself and settled in Nuibaba's old mansion.

Though, the way I look at it is after she cured the witches she decided to reside there and make it an asylum of sorts for these women but I may be gong to headcanony.

TBH, even if it is a sad ending, I like it. We can't all have a happy ending.

I'd like to think that maybe she settles into Nuibaba Manor hoping to find the cure and the witch part is purely rumor. Or that to cure it, she had to become one.

Edited by John_of_Valentia

2 minutes ago, John_of_Valentia said:

Isn't Nuibaba the only witch who chose to be one though, hence why she has normal eyes?

I'd like to think that maybe she settles into Nuibaba Manor hoping to find the cure and the witch part is purely rumor.

Nuibaba got her powers from Medusa. That is why she is normal looking, if you could say she is normal with that phantom of the opera mask and horns.

But yeah. I just always taught she decided to reside in Nuibaba's home since it;s not a very shabby place.

6 minutes ago, Azz said:

Nuibaba got her powers from Medusa. That is why she is normal looking, if you could say she is normal with that phantom of the opera mask and horns.

But yeah. I just always taught she decided to reside in Nuibaba's home since it;s not a very shabby place.

Never said she looked normal, per se. Those horns ruin that.

Nuibaba Manor is pretty nice. Once you get past the dark, clandestine rituals that have been performed there.

Looking at the ending, I guess there are two possibilities...

1) There was a really powerful Witch who decided to settle there, and Sonya went there to try and cure her, but died in the process

2) Sonya formed a contract with Medusa and settled in the mansion, unable to escape the lust for power in her father's blood