FE Echoes Sells Through 80% of it's Initial Shipment

On 5/11/2017 at 11:23 AM, shadowofchaos said:

You neither have a concept of respect nor restraint. As someone has put it wonderfully, you "flail angrily" at anyone who disagrees with you. Your own posts speak volumes about your personality, level of intelligence, maturity, and insecurities.

Now, as you've mentioned in the topic earlier you "just want Nintendo/IS to make a better product".

Yet a majority of your posts always attempt to get the masses riled up against "localization heresy".

Let me ask a question about your background with this:

Have you ever spoken Japanese? Do you even know anything about their cultural background to understand why certain things are off putting in the west? Have you even played the original Gaiden?

Have you ever seen the untranslated things yourself without going through a translator to be able to judge them without a filter?

What do you see yourself doing in this community?

You have contributed absolutely nothing but whining even in non localization related posts. You have no following here. You're pretty much seen by the veterans as the class clown, never to be taken seriously. You're a joke on this forum whenever you attempt to seriously rant about their "localization crimes".

You speak for no one but yourself. And inherently, your quest for IS to make a better product will never reach anyone's of importance's ears. Especially not Japanese developers, nor the people in charge of localizing the game.

The atmosphere created by the Japanese Echoes game with its voice acting, CGs, and gameplay that I myself has experienced aren't going to be lost during localization.

Your attempts to be petty and find some miniscule flaw in an otherwise wonderful remake full of passion and love for the series by the devs are sorely misplaced.

You're that angry client with insatiable demands on "my clients from hell" or akin to those people who try to justify never paying for art.

Thank you, this is perfect. Finally, a true and knowledgeable response to those annoying "Localization Purists". While I don't like butchering a game for localization  as much as the next guy, I am definitely okay with things being changed in between regions to fit into the morals, values, and cultural background of that respective region to some extent. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Lord Raymond said:

Thank you, this is perfect. Finally, a true and knowledgeable response to those annoying "Localization Purists". While I don't like butchering a game for localization  as much as the next guy, I am definitely okay with things being changed in between regions to fit into the morals, values, and cultural background of that respective region to some extent. 

If someone is going to be a localization purist... literally import the game and play it in Japanese.

On 5/11/2017 at 7:23 AM, shadowofchaos said:

You neither have a concept of respect nor restraint. As someone has put it wonderfully, you "flail angrily" at anyone who disagrees with you. Your own posts speak volumes about your personality, level of intelligence, maturity, and insecurities.

Now, as you've mentioned in the topic earlier you "just want Nintendo/IS to make a better product".

Yet a majority of your posts always attempt to get the masses riled up against "localization heresy".

Let me ask a question about your background with this:

Have you ever spoken Japanese? Do you even know anything about their cultural background to understand why certain things are off putting in the west? Have you even played the original Gaiden?

Have you ever seen the untranslated things yourself without going through a translator to be able to judge them without a filter?

What do you see yourself doing in this community?

You have contributed absolutely nothing but whining even in non localization related posts. You have no following here. You're pretty much seen by the veterans as the class clown, never to be taken seriously. You're a joke on this forum whenever you attempt to seriously rant about their "localization crimes".

You speak for no one but yourself. And inherently, your quest for IS to make a better product will never reach anyone's of importance's ears. Especially not Japanese developers, nor the people in charge of localizing the game.

The atmosphere created by the Japanese Echoes game with its voice acting, CGs, and gameplay that I myself has experienced aren't going to be lost during localization.

Your attempts to be petty and find some miniscule flaw in an otherwise wonderful remake full of passion and love for the series by the devs are sorely misplaced.

You're that angry client with insatiable demands on "my clients from hell" or akin to those people who try to justify never paying for art.

So, I'm a godly shiposter who's good at exaggerating? Thanks for proving it to me with your butt hurt response! :D 

2 hours ago, AmericanBuizel said:

So, I'm a godly shiposter who's good at exaggerating? Thanks for proving it to me with your butt hurt response! :D 

Why do you care so much about localization? I thought somewhat like you before I played fates but after I actually tried it, I loved it. So just so we're clear...have you even played fates?

13 hours ago, AmericanBuizel said:

So not only do you have a horrendously overinflated sense of self worth, you seem to mistake shadowofchaos over there, who is one of if not the most respected member of the fire emblem community and someone that I look up to for being butthurt.

I would tell you that you shouldn't be too hasty on callin the kettle black, but you seem to not have any interest in listening to anyone in general.

Here's a little fact for you, you didn't ever get under my skin. You're considered a bad joke by everyone, myself included. The only reason why I'm spending any time responding to your comments is that the alternative is to keep Let's Playing Sonic 06.

Edited by Thran Starcrod

What is this censorship I'm hearing about this game having?

I guess I'm late in the news topic? Because as far as I'm aware, I haven't seen any censorship happening in Echoes as of now.

While on the topic of censorship, understand that censorship has nothing to do with specific people hating art. It has to do with avoiding those specific people bash on controversial content of the game so that the game can be marketed smoothly and does not end up not being banned in said region.

I know of games that are banned in certain regions that suffer because of lack of censorship like Mortal Kombat as an example. That and also that there are people who don't like that kind of stuff being displayed on the games that they want to try out. Sure, the ratings at the back of the game say otherwise but really...who even bothers checking that besides paranoid parents.

Its not cutting content of the game nor is it going to justify the amount you get into the game. Quite frankly, censorship never bothers me a whole lot so long as I still get to enjoy the game for what it is.

Edited by Harvey

1 minute ago, Harvey said:

What is this censorship I'm hearing about this game having?

Just some guy complaining about localization changes, as if they haven't been happening for the past decades of gaming. Don't worry about it.

okay holy shit today i learned reports weren't notifying me arbitrarily

good for echoes, now i get to read pages and issue warnings

since the discussion looks to have petered out, i'm not going to lock the thread, but if somebody starts the fight again after this post i'm going to be pretty miffed ok?