FE1 "Sealed Attack"

L9999

I'm in the final map of FE1 and I can't get rid of the manakete protecting Medeus. Gradivus doesn't do much and since the manakete has 0 res, logic dictates I use Magic. I tried killing him with Gotoh but the game says "sealed attack." Why does this happen? I want to clear FE1.

Edited by L9999

The Demon/Mage Dragons are impervious to magic. Unlike in FE3, 11 and 12, they have no res, much like the rest of the units in this game. As a counter, magic can't harm them. 

Just throw Tiki at them and you'll be fine.

18 minutes ago, Vaikanfu said:

The Demon/Mage Dragons are impervious to magic. Unlike in FE3, 11 and 12, they have no res, much like the rest of the units in this game. As a counter, magic can't harm them. 

Just throw Tiki at them and you'll be fine.

I skipped Tiki and Falchion. I guess I have to abuse the RNG until I get a critical hit.

Edit: It is unbeatable. I have to restart the game. ****

Edited by L9999

I've restarted the game, and it doesn't feel good. The good news is that many chapters are warpskippable and many recruits and items are turn wasters so I can skip them and save time.

Edited by L9999

On 5/2/2017 at 7:43 PM, L9999 said:

I'm in the final map of FE1 and I can't get rid of the manakete protecting Medeus. Gradivus doesn't do much and since the manakete has 0 res, logic dictates I use Magic. I tried killing him with Gotoh but the game says "sealed attack." Why does this happen? I want to clear FE1.

You cant skip the manakete or anything? I haven't played the game without Falchion, but iirc you just have to beat Medeus. I just can't let someone restart this game in good conscious. Its too grueling.

Edited by rockocalypse

1 hour ago, rockocalypse said:

You cant skip the manakete or anything? I haven't played the game without Falchion, but iirc you just have to beat Medeus. I just can't let someone restart this game in good conscious. Its too grueling.

I couldn't, and even if I could Gradivus didn't do anything to Medeus. I have restarted the game, and while it is boring as hell at least I know what to do, like killing every thief in the desert map, which I didn't know about. I'm still skipping every recruit except Navarre, Bantu, Linde and Tiki, since they cost turns, they suck ass, and this game is already too slow. Yeah, I miss out Mercurius from Est, but by then Marth is level 20 with most stats capped, making the growth effect useless, and all the endgame can be warpskipped, Hardin with Gradivus kills the bosses, Marth seizes. And this time I shut off the music and I play SoV's final map theme, since now it is personal. Thanks for the support, you are cool.

Edited by L9999

I always hate how that dumb Manakete was positioned. In FE1 the Falchion is only effective against Medeus, not other dragons, so I can't tell you how many times I've warped Marth to the throne room and attacked that dragon with the Falchion, only to hear the stupid "ding" sound effect indicating that I did no damage. 

• 3 weeks later...