Who does best with the Gradivus?

While who should get the Mercurius and Parthia are pretty straightfoward, since you shouldn't be using every Dread Fighter and every Archer, there are multiple great Lance users in this game, including Mathilda, Lukas, the Whitewings, Zeke and Clair. With 13 Might, 1-2 range and self-healing, the Gradivus is pretty amazing, but it also has the detriment of 4 weight. Obviously, the speed drop doesn't matter on Lukas or Forsyth, but for everyone else, -4 can't be overlooked.

Who did you give your Gradivus(es) to in your game? I currently have two, and I can't decide who should get the second one, because I don't like slapping -4 Spd on my Pegs.

I gave one to Clive, since the 1-2 range makes it so he isn't suiciding to deal damage, and I'm currently working on the other two (Gold Marks are the bane of my existence).

I'll totally slap the other two on Baron!Atlas and Lukas though, as Fols is rocking the Romphia and Valbar has a nice +5 Silver Lance. 

Edited by BlizzardWolf95

9 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

I gave one to Clive, since the 1-2 range makes it so he isn't suiciding to deal damage, and I'm currently working on the other two (Gold Marks are the bane of my existence).

I'll totally slap the other two on Baron!Atlas and Lukas though, as Fols is rocking the Romphia and Valbar has a nice +5 Silver Lance. 

I was thinking of Barons too, but I also gave one to Zeke because Zeke. What's the best option for Pegs, in your opinion? Mathilda has the Duma Lance, and that thing wrecks house.

20 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I was thinking of Barons too, but I also gave one to Zeke because Zeke. What's the best option for Pegs, in your opinion? Mathilda has the Duma Lance, and that thing wrecks house.

In my current file, Palla has the Saunion, Clair has a +5 Steel Lance, and Est has a Javelin. Catria has the Dragon Scales, just so I didn't have to give her a shield that clips through her Pegasus. 

In general, I like to keep Palla and Est as ranged fighters, while Catria hangs around to finish off whatever survives the spear rain.

I didn't recruit Zeke this playthrough because I was curious if anything would happen to make Tatiana leave my party if I strayed too far from the village. Beginning Ch.5 and she's still hanging around, so I guess she isn't that attached to him.