How do I get past chapter 3? [SPOILERS]

Hello! Serenes Forest newb here. I'm currently playing through SoV in Japan and have gotten stuck at the end of chapter 3. I've beaten the bosses on both Alm and Celica's sides, which revealed that  Mira-sama (her name in Japanese, not sure about English) is no longer in her castle, but there is nowhere for me to progress on Celica's side. On Alm's side, I've made it to the water gate, but have been told it can't be opened and am, therefore, unable to progress. Is there anyone out there who knows what needs to be done in order for me to unlock the next chapter? 

After you get Celica promoted, you have to get the floodgates opened on her side, you have to talk to an old man, then switch to Alm and talk to the man at the floodgates on his side, and you can progress... or something like that.

Talking to one of the shrine maidens will start a cutscene, which results in Celica obtaining her mother's circlet. Proceed downstairs and talk to the old man at the water gate with Celica and he'll let the water through. Then exit and do the same on Alm's side and presto!

19 minutes ago, Soledai said:

After you get Celica promoted, you have to get the floodgates opened on her side, you have to talk to an old man, then switch to Alm and talk to the man at the floodgates on his side, and you can progress... or something like that.

It worked and I'm on to the next part! Thank you so much.